Sponsored

LED Box Lighting vs. TOUCHLINK Truck Bed Lighting by Lumens ??

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
So this is totally not a big deal, but I am wanting to know what the heck the difference is. Is there a difference?

I just ordered my Maverick Monday and when I asked the salesman, he did not know.
I want the light the light in the bed so I went with the add on since it was only $200 for the truck bed lighting by LUMENS.
If you add the luxury package with the XLT it states that it includes the LED Box lighting.
With the build and price, typically if it is the same thing it would provide a check mark and say that it is included.

I know they offer the DIY electrical strips and provide the wiring in the bed. Is this what it is referencing? Is it the same? Something different?
Perhaps it is referencing the inside cab lighting, under your feet and dash? I have no clue!

I am getting my light either way, but just wanting to know if someone can shed some LIGHT… on the subject. Yea I know, that was bad.

Ford Maverick LED Box Lighting vs. TOUCHLINK Truck Bed Lighting by Lumens ?? 7532F0F3-B653-4626-8B9B-F857A11DB460

Ford Maverick LED Box Lighting vs. TOUCHLINK Truck Bed Lighting by Lumens ?? 76A23EEB-CCDB-4106-9C48-3A05186E85EE
Sponsored

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
So I was wanting to find this answer and contacted Ford directly. So the LED box lighting that is included on the XLT luxury package is the single light on the driver side right beside the tailgate. The LED add on by LUMENS adds on the additional lighting that is displayed in the picture above. The attached photo is the single light that comes with the XLT luxury package.

Ford Maverick LED Box Lighting vs. TOUCHLINK Truck Bed Lighting by Lumens ?? 45DFD1B0-D13F-4B20-BD42-70FDC8FEF3FE

Stallworth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
This is what I found out. The Lumens system will add 4 lights to your bed that are not connected to the one by the power outlet. If you touch any one of the 4 lights they will all turn on or turn off if they are already on. They are fully waterproof and have a 60 minute built in timer so they will turn themselves off if you forget to. Here is a short demonstration video. I'm planning on modifying my order to include these after I found out the difference.

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I'm not sure but I thought the Lux Pkg added the LED Light that is next to the outlet.

LED Cargo Light.png
Correct. On the XLT, when the luxury package is added, it will include this single light with the switch right below. If you select the add on for $200 , it will include 3 additional lights - having two lights on each side of the bed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
This is what I found out. The Lumens system will add 4 lights to your bed that are not connected to the one by the power outlet. If you touch any one of the 4 lights they will all turn on or turn off if they are already on. They are fully waterproof and have a 60 minute built in timer so they will turn themselves off if you forget to. Here is a short demonstration video. I'm planning on modifying my order to include these after I found out the difference.

This is a perfect video. Great find!

vengo97

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tempting...but honestly the bed is small enough, I feel like the one light would be plenty for my needs

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

great video, thank you! I am glad I chose this option for my car. Is it a dealer installed option? I hope not....

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

great video, thank you! I am glad I chose this option for my car. Is it a dealer installed option? I hope not....
Unfortunately, it is.
Ford Maverick LED Box Lighting vs. TOUCHLINK Truck Bed Lighting by Lumens ?? 1630443221520

Sponsored

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I installed one of their lighting kits on my Ram 1500. I just went with the 2 light system and it works great. You just touch the light for a second and it turns on, touch again and it turns off. If you forget it automatically turns off after 60 minutes.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's dealer installed? Great! Otherwise we'd be held up waiting for that as well. :poop:

KJXLTFX4

First Name
Keith Johnston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
So this is totally not a big deal, but I am wanting to know what the heck the difference is. Is there a difference?

I just ordered my Maverick Monday and when I asked the salesman, he did not know.
I want the light the light in the bed so I went with the add on since it was only $200 for the truck bed lighting by LUMENS.
If you add the luxury package with the XLT it states that it includes the LED Box lighting.
With the build and price, typically if it is the same thing it would provide a check mark and say that it is included.

I know they offer the DIY electrical strips and provide the wiring in the bed. Is this what it is referencing? Is it the same? Something different?
Perhaps it is referencing the inside cab lighting, under your feet and dash? I have no clue!

I am getting my light either way, but just wanting to know if someone can shed some LIGHT… on the subject. Yea I know, that was bad.

7532F0F3-B653-4626-8B9B-F857A11DB460.jpeg

76A23EEB-CCDB-4106-9C48-3A05186E85EE.jpeg
Guessing its one light at each corner of the bed judging by their pic. I think the bed light you get with the XLT luxury package is just one light, so regardless I think you’ll be happy. Once my XLT arrives I plan on looking into the strip lighting that I’ve been reading about. Will look sick and be helpful in the evenings on camping trips.

DarthSquatch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux Area 51 confirmed 7/8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will be DIY installing LED light strips all the way around the bed for about 60 bucks. I think Ford put out a video already showing how to do it with the 12 volt connections. The video also had the air compressor set up. Much cheaper and more light.

OP
OP
Obiewan54

Obiewan54

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Got my Maverick Monday night. I have photos of
-Lux Package Lighting
- LED Lumen Bed Lights
-Last one is both turned on together
* Bed cover does block that 3rd brake light

Ford Maverick LED Box Lighting vs. TOUCHLINK Truck Bed Lighting by Lumens ?? 1 Lux Light

Ford Maverick LED Box Lighting vs. TOUCHLINK Truck Bed Lighting by Lumens ?? 2 LED Lumen

Ford Maverick LED Box Lighting vs. TOUCHLINK Truck Bed Lighting by Lumens ?? 3 Lux Light & Lumen
Sponsored