Koons Ford are beyond scumbags

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
It never ceases to amaze how people cheer for the law of supply and demand whenever it starts gouging the customer. It's like cheering for gravity as a plane crashes.
Who's cheering for it? It's a reality, nobody is cheering for it, more like accepting it. It's undeniable, if there's less of something and high demand, the price goes up. More of something and low demand, the price goes down. No getting away from it, it is what it is. The nice thing is that if you NEED a vehicle (Nobody NEEDS a Maverick). There are other vehicles that are in less or even really low demand so as the correlation goes, the price is down.
Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
The value of anything is the price that someone is willing to pay. That is the fundamental definition of something is worth.
Sorry to everyone complaining about markups but this is exactly it. Some people are willing to pay 10k over. There's a well known member here who was willing to pay 5k over because he wanted a Maverick for his business. How can you blame the dealers when people are willing to pay this? Another dealer recently put a Maverick on ebay with no reserve, an XL ecoboost and it was bid all the way up to almost 34k. That's pretty telling and in contrast to you people who says dealers are "gouging". The market dictates what a Maverick is selling for. If you want to hate anyone, hate the people who apparently have a lot of disposable income to pay $10k over for a Maverick but it's still a silly and immature concept.

I still maintain that if these complainers owned a business and sold whatever, "widgets" and had far less "widgets" to sell, hell yes they would raise their prices on what they do have to sell especially if people were more than willing to pay it. It's common sense in the business world.

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My truck was ordered at MSRP ,so I have nothing to complain about . But I would add this to the conversation . Three years ago in my part of the country you could purchase a new F150 for 10 15 or even 17 thousand off list price . I purchased a new 2019 F250 52 ,000 list for 42,000 . Nobody was complaining about the beating the dealers or Ford were taking . Like they say paybacks a bitch .I should add ,I have not received my Maverick yet !

PandaSlash

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima
Wow this thread took a turn.

Koons Ford has always been pretty shady about ADM, but it’s there if you compare the window sticker with the price - sometimes they just make it difficult to find the sticker unless you’re physically at the car.

I think Koons in general is pretty known for adding a lot of ADM after speaking with my friends who’ve shopped there. I don’t have issues with ADM, as long as it’s transparent, and not done in a shady way. The buyer can always say no.

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow this thread took a turn.

Koons Ford has always been pretty shady about ADM, but it’s there if you compare the window sticker with the price - sometimes they just make it difficult to find the sticker unless you’re physically at the car.

I think Koons in general is pretty known for adding a lot of ADM after speaking with my friends who’ve shopped there. I don’t have issues with ADM, as long as it’s transparent, and not done in a shady way. The buyer can always say no.
This isn't the place for logic!

JEMiculka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid, 22 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay, clearly you don't own a business or understand supply and demand. One thing most clueless people don't understand when they say Dealers are supposed to sell at MSRP is what MSRP actually is an abbreviation for. It's Manufacturer's SUGGESTED Retail Price, key word there being SUGGESTED. If I ran a business and had much less of whatever I sold to make a profit, guess what? I'm going to raise the price on what I do have. Pretty simple........
Is this the same supply and demand that says a gas station can charge $10.00 a gallon or $5.00 per battery, or $12.00 for a gallon of milk because the area was hit by a natural disaster? While some dealers are taking advantage of current circumstances to price gouge, and yes they are scumbags (just like someone trying to charge $12.00 for a gallon of milk after a hurricane) there are good dealers out there not taking advantage of the situation. Sure, some folks may pay $12.00 for a gallon of milk because all the other businesses have been wiped out, but still makes the business a scumbag.

spacemancraig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Koons salesman have been worse than clueless for me.

And their service dept has fucked up and fucked me over twice.

They are exactly what people are talking about when they say dealers shouldn't exist. Shut them down I say. Keep the ones like Tim Bartz and/or chapman's.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Is this the same supply and demand that says a gas station can charge $10.00 a gallon or $5.00 per battery, or $12.00 for a gallon of milk because the area was hit by a natural disaster? While some dealers are taking advantage of current circumstances to price gouge, and yes they are scumbags (just like someone trying to charge $12.00 for a gallon of milk after a hurricane) there are good dealers out there not taking advantage of the situation. Sure, some folks may pay $12.00 for a gallon of milk because all the other businesses have been wiped out, but still makes the business a scumbag.
You make no sense, stop comparing milk and gasoline to a bougie new truck that everyone wants. Maybe they are scumbags but it's business. You want what they have and so does everyone else and they know it. Don't like it? Move on and stop crying. Nobody cares if you're offended by a business trying to make a profit when people are willing to pay. NEXT!

BP from C137

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier P4X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have bought my last 4 Fords from Koons Sterling. 2013 F150, 2018 F150, 2019 Explorer Sport, 2019 Mustang GT. I won't buy another one from them. The first truck was a great experience all around. I went back and the second truck buying experience wasn't as good and the finance office nearly caused me to walk out. The deal took forever. I went back for the Explorer and Mustang because nobody could touch their price, even with their extreme "document" fee. The salesperson didn't know anything about the products that they were selling and why does it take 4 hours to buy a vehicle.?. I won't go back. I will pay a little more for a vehicle next time if I have to.

Sponsored

ce2nite

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Greed is all it is. The dealers aren't paying anything extra to get the trucks son is purely Greed in their part to raise the price. Ford should get involved and take a stand against it.

Bootstrap6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda 3 Hothatch Grand Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do boots taste? Curious. AS for Koons they were horrible to begin with before the "market" went wild.
Sponsored