Sponsored

Just because you can buy it.....may not mean it works!

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My new Lariat Hybrid came in this week. I had a pile of stuff ready to install sitting for months. Thought it might be a good time to start a thread on what might have been a waste of money! I really have only one item to complain about. But maybe some tips on others to make them work better.

Most have seen the "organizers" for the center console. It is very deep and honestly you just put stuff in there you hope you never need. So, an organizer seems like a good thing as it allows 3 tier storage. At least you can get to the upper level of junk! Mine was simply a waste of money. I will have a pic below. It won't stay in the top of the console. The tabs don't work and it slips down. Then the tabs make it a pain to get back out. Top piece was just about as bad. With them installed you had to slam the lid to get it to latch. So, out it came for good. While I was looking at installing the trash can that installs off the headrest on the passenger seat....I had an epiphany. That trash can was always in the way if you were in the back seat. Maverick already has incredible storage....so why not put a plastic shopping bag in the console and make it the trash can! Just empty or replace the bag when needed. Cannot really tell it is there until needed!

I also put in the glove box divider. This part works well. But I did put fuzzy cloth tape on it to keep it from rattling.

I installed the black trim piece that surrounds the radio knob section. I don't understand why Ford didn't frame that area in black. This looks SO much better. Easy to install.

I put the removable storage tray in the area behind the screen. This allows you to remove it easily to clean it. Room for french fries and whatever else without cluttering up the dash. Just drops in...but rattled a lot. So I put fuzzy cloth tape under it where it contacted the dash. Good to go!

The Truxmat front and rear floor liners are simply the best I have ever had for any vehicle.

Installed the Truxport roll up tonneau cover. Fits very nice and easy to operate. I prefer a roll up over panel type and this seems nicer than the last brand I had on a previous truck.

So far the Maverick has exceeded my already high expectations. Will start this weekend pulling front fascia to install flat tow setup.

Ford Maverick Just because you can buy it.....may not mean it works! DSCF1818.JPG

Ford Maverick Just because you can buy it.....may not mean it works! DSCF1815.JPG

Ford Maverick Just because you can buy it.....may not mean it works! DSCF1813.JPG

Ford Maverick Just because you can buy it.....may not mean it works! DSCF1814.JPG

Ford Maverick Just because you can buy it.....may not mean it works! DSCF1816.JPG

Ford Maverick Just because you can buy it.....may not mean it works! DSCF1817.JPG
Sponsored

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The mats look great.

I like the look of the dash tray but I don't think I would use it.

I bought a different console organizer and I am very happy with the fit and finish. I got the one with the orange trim. I bought the same brand for my wife's Telluride. Her only complaint was that she couldn't choose a trim color. :)

Amazon: CDEFG for 2022 2023 Maverick Pickup Truck Center Console Organizer

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is dash tray Muslogy from Amazon?

If you got the organizers for the center console from Amazon, there return policy is pretty liberal and easy online. Just say that it didn't fit as described or fit the application.

Try the one from CDEFG (also from Amazon)

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats on your new truck!
You got the last of the body colored skull cap mirrors too!
Things must be bad when Ford quits doing something simple like that.

Thanks for posting some fun stuff.

The console tray set a I got is the same one thewizziard has and it works very well.

I love the radio control surround trim piece, it looks great. I thought some of the interior trim parts were kind of silly at first.

I have changed my mind.

I didn’t know about the inexpensive ones before I bought some Tuffskinz surrounds for the radio and temperature controls.

I am still waiting for an email confirmation from them. Hopefully I will have them next week.

Unless you buy something “in stock” from Amazon, parts and accessories take forever to get in this brave new world. I’ve waited over a week for confirmation on a hood decal.
it would probably take a year to get something like an entire hybrid Maverick, wait, it does!

Those mats look good too. Weathertech makes junk now, seen way too many older WT mats that are warped and curled up on the edges.

Gonna do anything to the exterior besides the front facia?

Last edited:

FJM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I too got the black matte piece for around the radio knobs. Then I took a chance and got the knob covers that match the desert brown interior trim, I actually like how they look, they popped out nice. Anyway, enjoy the add-on's in the future. I'm going to install the tailgate extender tomorrow.

Ford Maverick Just because you can buy it.....may not mean it works! IMG_0388

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your Maverick looks great! Congrats on finally seeing it in your driveway!

I've had no trouble with the fit of my console tray except that it can be a bit difficult to lift out the top tier. Would be helpful to have a ribbon attached much like they do to facilitate removing batteries.

I had a Chevy Colorado 4X that I installed a baseplate to flat tow. Not difficult, but time consuming. Alas, that truck caught fire and burned up before I could do much towing.
One of the reasons I wanted the Maverick was because of its flat towing capability. In researching the available base plates from Blue Ox and RoadMaster it seems both require substantial modifications which is why I am intensely interested in how your project pans out. Thanks for the post and please keep us informed.
Happy and safe travels.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really like the look of the black surround for the radio and HVAC controls. Could you provide a link?

When I bought accessories I only did the outside. Have you considered black letters on the tailgate? But my favorite is the tailgate damper. It makes one-handed tailgate operation easier.

I purchased the OEM Ford mud trays floor mats and find them to fit well and to be of good quality.

You will be getting Ford Pass Points, about 42,000, credited to your account. You can use them to purchase accessories on the Ford website.

OP
OP
realshelby

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really like the look of the black surround for the radio and HVAC controls. Could you provide a link?

When I bought accessories I only did the outside. Have you considered black letters on the tailgate? But my favorite is the tailgate damper. It makes one-handed tailgate operation easier.

I purchased the OEM Ford mud trays floor mats and find them to fit well and to be of good quality.

You will be getting Ford Pass Points, about 42,000, credited to your account. You can use them to purchase accessories on the Ford website.
Here is the link to the radio bezel surround:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C45XR25M?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
My personal opinion is that the Maverick name on the tailgate is almost too obvious/large as is. But that is just me.
I have tried several mud trays/protective floor liners over the years. These Tuxmats are unique in that they are not hard rubber. They cover so much more area than other brands. They look less like a rubber insert, so a bit more "elegant" look to them. Time will tell, but right now I don't think I could be any happier with how they fit and work.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is the link to the radio bezel surround:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C45XR25M?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
My personal opinion is that the Maverick name on the tailgate is almost too obvious/large as is. But that is just me.
I have tried several mud trays/protective floor liners over the years. These Tuxmats are unique in that they are not hard rubber. They cover so much more area than other brands. They look less like a rubber insert, so a bit more "elegant" look to them. Time will tell, but right now I don't think I could be any happier with how they fit and work.
Thank you! I just ordered one.

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My new Lariat Hybrid came in this week. I had a pile of stuff ready to install sitting for months. Thought it might be a good time to start a thread on what might have been a waste of money! I really have only one item to complain about. But maybe some tips on others to make them work better.

Most have seen the "organizers" for the center console. It is very deep and honestly you just put stuff in there you hope you never need. So, an organizer seems like a good thing as it allows 3 tier storage. At least you can get to the upper level of junk! Mine was simply a waste of money. I will have a pic below. It won't stay in the top of the console. The tabs don't work and it slips down. Then the tabs make it a pain to get back out. Top piece was just about as bad. With them installed you had to slam the lid to get it to latch. So, out it came for good. While I was looking at installing the trash can that installs off the headrest on the passenger seat....I had an epiphany. That trash can was always in the way if you were in the back seat. Maverick already has incredible storage....so why not put a plastic shopping bag in the console and make it the trash can! Just empty or replace the bag when needed. Cannot really tell it is there until needed!

I also put in the glove box divider. This part works well. But I did put fuzzy cloth tape on it to keep it from rattling.

I installed the black trim piece that surrounds the radio knob section. I don't understand why Ford didn't frame that area in black. This looks SO much better. Easy to install.

I put the removable storage tray in the area behind the screen. This allows you to remove it easily to clean it. Room for french fries and whatever else without cluttering up the dash. Just drops in...but rattled a lot. So I put fuzzy cloth tape under it where it contacted the dash. Good to go!

The Truxmat front and rear floor liners are simply the best I have ever had for any vehicle.

Installed the Truxport roll up tonneau cover. Fits very nice and easy to operate. I prefer a roll up over panel type and this seems nicer than the last brand I had on a previous truck.

So far the Maverick has exceeded my already high expectations. Will start this weekend pulling front fascia to install flat tow setup.

DSCF1818.JPG

DSCF1815.JPG

DSCF1813.JPG

DSCF1814.JPG

DSCF1816.JPG

DSCF1817.JPG
Try turning the tray around, I had the same problem.

Sponsored

Vettereddie

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Try turning the tray around, I had the same problem.
Second this, tabs would either hit the armrest so it didn't close all the way or slip down into the hole. Turned it around and fits perfect.

For reference, coin holder for the top tray goes toward the rear.

OP
OP
realshelby

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried both parts every way I could.
But honestly I consider it a good thing it didn't fit. I am absolutely loving the conversion to a trash can! It is near perfect for that use. I just ordered a storage bin that slips over the front of the armrest bin. That will secure the trash bags even better!

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats on your new truck.

The center console is where the Console Vault goes, ;) then there is ~2" on top of it to store small items......

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

DSCF1818.JPG

DSCF1815.JPG

DSCF1813.JPG

DSCF1814.JPG

DSCF1816.JPG

DSCF1817.JPG
At first this thread title scared me… I pretty much did the same process, the guest room is a staging area for my Area51 which is floating here from San Diego to Honolulu..I bought it all on Amazon so I have about a week (bought during Prime) window when the truck gets here to make sure all works. You are right about the radio cover, I got that too. The original dash looks weird to me without this aftermarket option. They need to fix that. Thanks for the pics and critiques…

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I too got the black matte piece for around the radio knobs. Then I took a chance and got the knob covers that match the desert brown interior trim, I actually like how they look, they popped out nice. Anyway, enjoy the add-on's in the future. I'm going to install the tailgate extender tomorrow.

IMG_0388.jpg
The radio plate just makes sense…
Sponsored