Sponsored

Search results

  1. Which bike rack should I buy

    If it's for regular and not e-bikes, I've had good luck with this: Bones 2-Bike Hitch Rack With Easy Fold Design and Tilting Base Slightly over $200, hitch mount, tilts to both open the tailgate and make loading the bikes easier.
  2. Wiring up accessories with a Hybrid

    I'm running my Diode Dynamics fogs directly off of the (+) pin under the hood and have had zero issues. Belive I ran ground to an accessible bolt on the chassis.
  3. Best in (a small) class - for now

    So that's a No for a Maverick Blackwood then? Fine, guess I'll go do my own fake wood and aluminum trimmed rear quarter panels.
  4. Hybrid Brake Fluid Change Procedure questions

    Thanks for providing the link, got halfway through the Forscan steps after doing my oil change and then it asked for the pressurized bottle on the resorvoir, so tires went back on and bleeder kit ordered. I'll post how it goes here once everything comes in. How much fluid does it end up taking...
  5. P0402 - Required EGR Valve & Cooler Replacement

    Nice find, considering the previous Customer Satisfaction Program 24N04 only covered build dates through Jan 13, 2023. Pretty sure mine would have fallen into this new one, would have saved me about 4 extra trips and 2 unneccesary repairs at the dealer. At least it was all covered under my...
  6. New (2026) Maverick Blues

    Not sure about OP, but my "new" car experience involved a CEL saying excessive air flow detected between MAF and throttle body, that happened around 1,800 miles, 2 months after delivery. Check engine light before 2k miles - P2282 Air leak Took from Sep 2023 to Jan 2024 to get it resolved, but...
  7. Valve cover oil leak

    I've had timing chain cover leaks / seepage on every inline 4-cylinder I've owned. - 2006 Scion xB - 2011 Nissan Juke (twice) - 2012 Kia Sorento Form in place gaskets suck, even if cleaning all mating surfaces with degreaser prior. Keeping an eye on the Maverick but assuming it's only a matter...
  8. 2027 Maverick Changes / Updates / Upgrades. Order Banks Open Today

    They're finally getting close to a paint color that actually goes with the Navy Pier interior?
  9. Apparently this is a thing, can’t be legal… full LED RGB tail lights

    Or for an extra $70 the Form Lighting smoked are available that are DOT approved.
  10. AI Lowering Difference

    Looks like AI is about 1" off, a factory Lobo drop is only 0.4" F / 1.0" rear, top picture looks like what I'm on with the EIbach set (granted it's the FWD kit on mine).
  11. How Long Do You See Yourself Keeping Your Maverick? 🚗

    1st vehicle - 1996 to 2006 2nd vehicle - 2006 to present 3rd vehicle - 2011 - 2023 4th vehicle - 2023 - ??? @ 43k miles currently Realistically, 10 - 12 years and 150k miles, will see where EV tech gets to by that time.
  12. Must have mods for LOBO???

    I've got a FWD XLT hybrid, but for a Lobo I'd start with these: Lowering springs, the factory 0.5" front / 1.1" rear drop still leaves significant wheel gap for what's supposed to be a sport truck. - Eibach (1.7"F / 2" R) or H&R (1.8" F / 2.5" R) over factory drop Upgraded exhaust - Cat-back...
  13. Let's see your bed setup!

    The velcro strips that came with my Bed Rug for the tail pad wouldn't stick either, try using E6000 silicone adhesive under it instead. Hold is pretty strong but unlike epoxy is removeable if you have to later (just peel slowly).
  14. How a Turbocharger Works🤠

    I thought this was already answered on Top Gear a while back. Per Clarkson, "exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.”
  15. Diode Dynamics 2025+ Fog Lights are now available!

    Noticed fading on my bezel installed on the 2023, what were they using before? Also wondering if the plug n play harness is backward compatible, would be great to have it work on the factory switch without having to get an F150 panel + Forscan.
  16. Brake fluid flush at 42K WTF?

    Cabin filter is every 20k, so unless they actually inspected it or you live in a dusty area should be good for another 5k. Having just changed mine yesterday, it's literally a 5 minute job. Thanks for the reminder on the brakes, I just hit 3 years mark yesterday. Looks like I've got my Saturday...
  17. Engine runaway at startup

    Stupid question (probably), but any chance of a loose floormat on the accelerator pedal?
  18. Lobo suspension on a 22 Maverick lariat hybrid

    The Eibach Pro-Kit has specific kits for FWD and AWD, they are different. https://www.eibach.com/product/E10-35-057-01-22?epsid=3166 I have these on my 2023 FWD hybrid, drop is lower compared to the Steeda ( -2.5" Front | -3.5" Rear ) but not extreme, still plenty of clearance for speed bumps...
  19. Any Reliable LED for 3rd Brake Light?

    I had Lasfits, failed within a year, replaced under warranty, failed within the 2nd year. Did a search for alternate bulb vendors but nothing that wasn't Chinesium and also plug & play. Bit the bullet and went with the Morimoto X3B module, it's fully plug & play with no resistors or splicing...
  20. Extended warranty on hybrid - yay or nay?

    Offered from where? Consensus on this forum is Granger Ford has the most competitive packages, and they're Ford Protect not a dealer-only version. Would recommend checking with them and comparing first before accepting anything. Whether it's worth it to you or not is personal preference. Ford...




Top