First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow. I can't believe I scrolled through all that crap. Lamest thread ever. Might have worked if a mod had started it...with the power to delete.
Why lame? The poll will be a new thread with only 4 pictures.
Sponsored

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Maverick 2.0L XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP said “winter” not winter scenes with snow and ice. Winter is a time period. It is understandable why some would be jealous of 70 degrees while their scraping ice off their wind shield.
Jealous? Not at all, mon ami.
Just like you I presume, I live where I choose. I happen to like having all four seasons. I would find summertime, ALL the time, monotonous and boring.
As for this Photo Competition? It would be perfectly acceptable were it called "January in - - -", or something similar. But not "Winter-Photos". Sort of jarring, like SantaClaus outdoor displays in FL or AZ, with palm trees and cacti. Just goofy.
The whole point of living in the warmer climes is to escape Winter, no? And that's great for lots of folks, just not for everybody.
Now excuse me please. I'm going ice fishing today.

Happy New Year.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Jealous? Not at all, mon ami.
Just like you I presume, I live where I choose. I happen to like having all four seasons. I would find summertime, ALL the time, monotonous and boring.
As for this Photo Competition? It would be perfectly acceptable were it called "January in - - -", or something similar. But not "Winter-Photos". Sort of jarring, like SantaClaus outdoor displays in FL or AZ, with palm trees and cacti. Just goofy.
The whole point of living in the warmer climes is to escape Winter, no? And that's great for lots of folks, just not for everybody.
Now excuse me please. I'm going ice fishing today.

Happy New Year.
You can escape the cold but you can’t escape a time period.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rules are simple. Post your best winter picture for your Maverick. I will do this every month with a different theme each month.
I will choose 4 Trucks at random and at the end of the month do a poll. Winner gets bragging rights.

Post your pictures below. If the Admin is nice about it, maybe we can get the winner each month on the front page.....

OK, not so simple. Pick ONE picture to submit. At the end of the month I will take all users who submitted and pick 4 using a randomizer. Those 4 will go to a poll. Do not be upset if yours is not picked. It will be random.
First snow paddle of the year!

Loaded and ready to roll!

Ford Maverick January Inaugural Rig Photo Competition for Mavericks (Edited) FB7B2962-0EDD-4942-ADFD-EF3C01986A29

Ford Maverick January Inaugural Rig Photo Competition for Mavericks (Edited) FD0D77BF-0C0B-4B7F-BD3F-02AA54DEB119

Last edited:

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
'Winter' is a season, and all the ramifications which come with it. Seasons occur predictably, a time period would be something like 'Day', 'Month', 'Year'.
Snowy comparison of my 1948 F-1 and my Maverick. Windchill was in the negative but I'm bored and did some rudimentary and very quick measurements. Bed width is kind of the same ( hard to measure on the Maverick) 48 bed is 2 foot longer. It has chains instead of cables on the endgate no idea if it is level. The 48 is 10 inches shorter overall front to back Cab is 4 inches narrower (inside) than Maverick but is 4 inches wider on the outside. Neither one has standard cruise control or CD player. The Maverick and the 48 are push a button to start I learned to drive in that 48 and no it is not for sale.

comp 1.jpg
The F-1 has a nice patina.

Sponsored

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
....ummm, okay.
But it'd probably be more accurate to say 'you can't escape the ramifications of latitude'.
Jimmy Buffet got it about right, eh?

GaryHoosier

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I call it "Sleeping Maverick". Woke up to 1" of freezing rain followed by about 4" of snow and a nice crispy top coat of ice to finish it off.
1B049906-936C-4606-B623-26E08DD8DAE9.jpeg
...not so bad.
It's Sunday morning.
Better today than on Monday.
Enjoy.

USA.UTE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid Mav, Area51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still waiting for a good snow but it's Arkansas so it might not happen. Hope sun beams work too, taken on my phone at work. Area51 appears vastly different in varying light conditions but really liking the color and the Mav as a whole – Ford hit it out of the park with this one!
Ford Maverick January Inaugural Rig Photo Competition for Mavericks (Edited) 1641507498239

Sponsored