2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Curious what the dumb ass said? Hope you didn't say you had a dashcam. I was in a accident and had a dashcam, the other guy and passenger stated I was at fault, but I kept my mouth shut. The entire time during the depositions they kept the same story, then I sent my lawyer the video. The police cited me (because it was two against one) but once the video was sent to the other lawyer at 0830, at 1300 the other side wanted to settle quickly. We declined, and the police changed the citation to other drivers, once that happened, the other insurance company wanted to settle, and we stated no. It was a dirty trick to play but made the other insurance company stand up and take a look at the other driver and his habits.

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
I'm not a perfect driver. But I'm a smart one

I would have slowed up as soon as I saw the squirrely Jeep driver enter the highway... 7 seconds before the collision.

Who knew the Maverick Truck Club was the place to find Americas perfect drivers. I could see many of you getting the chance to take over for Martin Truex or any other openings.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ya know...I think the title is misleading... Your Maverick wasn't hit... You hit someone with your Maverick. Whose fault it was🤷‍♂️ I'm not able to say, but that Maverick hit the Jeep ... It wasn't hit

Last edited:

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
How long have you been driving?

Everyone's fine, but the Wrangler driver wasn't in a big hurry to explain why she stopped in the left lane.

"He pushed me into the other lane!"

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This. Riding motorcycles you have to be extremely defensive and it's transfers over to driving. While the jeep person is a absolute douche, the mav played a game of chance not taking a more precautionary approach. Now he's gotta pay and thankfully no injuries.

Same point of view... same reason. On a motorcycle, acting like you did will get you dead and fast. You 100% caused this by refusing to slow when you had plenty of time to do so. Yes their actions also caused this, but if BOTH of you weren't driving like aholes, this is at worst a five second delay.

Any driver in the Jeeps position not making this uturn attempt would swing to the left when they noticed you ramming up their ass and not even changing lanes until you were right up on them. Frankly if that u turn wasn't there and your camera didn't catch them coming to a complete stop... and let's say they were a new manual driver who was struggling to get into second gear after turning onto the road and just couldn't reach speed rapidly... This accident still happens, their behavior is virtually identical and you still cause this crash. Ironically, you're very fortunate they happened to be doing something illegal that the cops were frustrated by people doing in the past, because this could EASILY have been ruled to be both or just your fault.

I actually almost died in exactly this scenario but I was the vehicle in the front, on my bike (and mirrored lanes, I turned left onto the road) on a 45 mph leading up to a bridge and a viper doing well over 100 in your position went off the road to avoid killing me after they came up on me and refused to slow then swung to the right lane simultaneously with me moving over to it because they were accelerating into the back of me.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same point of view... same reason. On a motorcycle, acting like you did will get you dead and fast. You 100% caused this by refusing to slow when you had plenty of time to do so. Yes their actions also caused this, but if BOTH of you weren't driving like aholes, this is at worst a five second delay.

Any driver in the Jeeps position not making this uturn attempt would swing to the left when they noticed you ramming up their ass and not even changing lanes until you were right up on them. Frankly if that u turn wasn't there and your camera didn't catch them coming to a complete stop... and let's say they were a new manual driver who was struggling to get into second gear after turning onto the road and just couldn't reach speed rapidly... This accident still happens, their behavior is virtually identical and you still cause this crash. Ironically, you're very fortunate they happened to be doing something illegal that the cops were frustrated by people doing in the past, because this could EASILY have been ruled to be both or just your fault.

I actually almost died in exactly this scenario but I was the vehicle in the front, on my bike (and mirrored lanes, I turned left onto the road) on a 45 mph leading up to a bridge and a viper doing well over 100 in your position went off the road to avoid killing me after they came up on me and refused to slow then swung to the right lane simultaneously with me moving over to it because they were accelerating into the back of me.
Get out of here with your logic and reasoning. 😔

Hopefully the Viper didn't hurt anyone else after going off the road. Glad you're okay.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.