Sponsored

Is the Maverick worth it? Aligning expectations.

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, to me, my Maverick represents an excellent value.

That said, as I get to know my trucklette more I see where Ford needed ensure they kept the reasonable price point.

The materials used in the interior are definitely a step down from the F150 I sold. And that’s ok, this isn’t a complaint, it’s a message to you as you get your Maverick delivered in the interest of being real. I’ve zero regrets and yes, it is worth the wait. For $30,650 I feel like I got one hell of a deal.

I open the doors from the inside gingerly being afraid I might rip them out. They feel very light. Every knob feels light and lacking substance.

Several of the exterior plastics have seams that don’t align perfectly. Close, but not 100%.

I hope you enjoy your Mavericks as they’re delivered to you!
Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
I believe my Maverick is worth it Yes, the interior of the truck is not luxury at all, but that is not the design of this truck. It was designed to be simple, functional, and basic with the ability to add a few creature comforts.

My son frequently stands, climbs over the seat, and puts his feet everywhere, and it is not a big deal because everything is a simple wipe down.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I believe so. Even at $36k, I still am happy with what I'm getting, compared to other options at that price point.

Cue the "OMG YOU'RE PAYING $36K FOR A MAVERICK" people.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
While I "just" ordered mine on November 5th, I'm going under the assumption that yes, it will be worth it to me. I wasn't in the market a new car and was starting to do some research for my next ride, but everything was so overly-inflated pricewise in terms of supply and demand I decided to just wait. Accidentally found the Maverick on youtube.com and was drawn in by the price point. The hybrid was an interesting lure as well (although I ended up going Ecoboost instead.) I knew I'd be waiting on a build, and figured it would be a nice surprise once I finally get the email that my Maverick is ready, supposedly in 12-16 weeks. We shall see. As for expectations, so long as the Maverick gives me 10 years of faithful service, I'm good. Don't want any weird surprises like my coworker, who has a one year old Chevy Malibu with 10K miles...and a bad transmission.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

That said, as I get to know my trucklette more I see where Ford needed ensure they kept the reasonable price point.

The materials used in the interior are definitely a step down from the F150 I sold. And that’s ok, this isn’t a complaint, it’s a message to you as you get your Maverick delivered in the interest of being real. I’ve zero regrets and yes, it is worth the wait. For $30,650 I feel like I got one hell of a deal.

I open the doors from the inside gingerly being afraid I might rip them out. They feel very light. Every knob feels light and lacking substance.

Several of the exterior plastics have seams that don’t align perfectly. Close, but not 100%.

Depends on what "it" is. 😉

Sponsored

shark978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
canyon
Engine
Undecided
I believe so. Even at $36k, I still am happy with what I'm getting, compared to other options at that price point.

No offense but for about 36k I could spec out a base, 4 dr, 4wd Ranger. I'd do that.

The Maverick I get would be XL only adding the 2.0 and AWD, and would MSRP at 24,700. 10k less than that Ranger. Hence why I've looked at the Maverick.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No offense but for about 36k I could spec out a base, 4 dr, 4wd Ranger. I'd do that.

The Maverick I get would be XL only adding the 2.0 and AWD, and would MSRP at 24,700. 10k less than that Ranger. Hence why I've looked at the Maverick.
Offense taken. That Ranger has a bouncy ride, gets much worse MPG, and is the size an F150 used to be.

You do you. Some of us want the Mav and want the extras that come with it. This isn’t about go big or go home.

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Depends on what "it" is. 😉

The next time you open the driver side door look at the corner of the dash and you will find an that says BUILT FORD TOUGH, the Maverick was put trough the same testing as the F150 you gave up. You can stop treating it like some cheap South China Sea import, it’s not some leather filled crossover truck wannabe like the Hyundai Santa Cruz. The Maverick is a truck that is BUILT FORD TOUGH, that you can count on 🛻

olie64

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i've always driven old, poor and base trucks (manual, single cab etc). pretty sure ANYTHING new will feel like lap of luxury to me.

Like WOW, this thing has CUPHOLDERS? lol.

Newest car i have ever driven is a 14 so im the same the tech will probably blow me a way even on the xlt.

Sponsored

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Not everyone wants an XL, My Maverick is loaded $37,845 the equivalent Ranger $49,024. I will take the Maverick Lariat.

optikinescant

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat AWD FX4, Kia Niro EV
Totally agree! A Ranger wouldn't even fit in my garage or driveway, and parking it where I typically frequent would present some unique, new challenges. Some of us live in cities with parallel parking, alleys, apartment complexes and rowhouses. Then there's the ride quality, the fuel efficiency, and options you can get at the price point that make all the difference.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette

The next time you open the driver side door look at the corner of the dash and you will find an that says BUILT FORD TOUGH, the Maverick was put trough the same testing as the F150 you gave up. You can stop treating it like some cheap South China Sea import, it’s not some leather filled crossover truck wannabe like the Hyundai Santa Cruz. The Maverick is a truck that is BUILT FORD TOUGH, that you can count on 🛻
Sounds like you are a very invested Ford fan so I have no designs on changing your mind but I have to largely agree with the post by Gabbydad that triggered you so much.

Sitting in the Lariat trim Maverick at my dealer a couple months ago, the interior absolutely felt like a step down from my 2017 Ford Escape. Maybe it's "Built Ford tough" but it also feels like it's "Built Ford Cheaper", too.

Assuming it looks like it was competently assembled, I'll still take delivery of mine and enjoy it for what it is but I absolutely hope that future model years provide significant upgrades in the interior department over these, even if an associated price increase comes along with it.

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm frugal and have a truck that I've put more into over the past 2 yrs then it is probably worth. I'm going simple (XL, hybrid, 360, hitch, inverter, and sliding window). For under 24K out the door, yeah I think it's definitely worth it and I still have money that I can make the upgrades I want (tonneau cover, bed liner, bed lights, cruise. hell, I can add heated seats if I want to pretty easily) for around 1K.

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I found my Mav on the lot and it was 37K plus destination fee, D&H fee. I wish I had a choice on some of the options to get down closer to 30K.
Sponsored