Sponsored

Is the front fender marker light a turn signal as well?

Airgage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On the Maverick, is the front fender Marker light a Turning signal as well? If not why?
Sponsored

kmish203

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, it's a side marker light. They're just there to help make the vehicle more visible from different angles at night.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
European made cars usually have the side marker on the quarter panel located where Ford places the black trim level ensignia. Domestic car makes do not normally utilize the TS feature for the side marker.

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Am I taking crazy pills or are we talking about the orange reflectors, driver and passenger, on the front fender? Cause they definitely blink like turn signals...

now the side badging is just plastic, that's true.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Am I taking crazy pills or are we talking about the orange reflectors, driver and passenger, on the front fender? Cause they definitely blink like turn signals...

You are definitely taking crazy pills. Watch this video. At the 2:33 mark you will see that the lights on the front fender do not blink.

Sponsored

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You are definitely taking crazy pills. Watch this video. At the 2:33 mark you will see that the lights on the front fender do not blink.

Thank you for that, I was sitting here like damn I was just watching them blinking at me....I guess I was the one blinking.

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I remember an old article from my Miata days about making the front side markers into turn signals as well. Something to do with splicing a couple of wires so the side marker becomes a floating ground for the turn signal.

Really depends on how many wires are involved, though. This was a '95 Miata and I think there were only something like three wires involved. Could be harder nowadays.

OP
OP
Airgage

Airgage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, it's a side marker light. They're just there to help make the vehicle more visible from different angles at night.
I think it should be an indicator. I’m wondering if it’s hard to see the front indicator from the side of the truck?

OP
OP
Airgage

Airgage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I saw them blinking a commercial. But when I watch other videos they don’t blink
Sponsored