Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Interior orange vs black pieces Screenshot_20210831-074942
Hi all, I am throwing a post out with my own opinions. Does not in anyway mean I am right.

I ordered a 2.0 AWD xlt maverick from my dealer last week, no packages and no added luxuries, such as tow packages or covers ect. Dealer says completely stock gets built first.... We will see about that. Est. Middle November the truck should be here... 6-8 weeks they claim, 8-10 to be safe... We are 1 week down officially for me.

My biggest complaint I have with the interior is the orange arm squares on door panels as well as the orange phone holder area under infotanment area. I absolutely do not want orange, I asked to trade for the XL black parts.... Dealer kinda scratched it's head and didn't have an answer. I will make the pieces black as a last resort. Just curious if anyone has thought about trading pieces in or finding a way to make existing parts black. Here is when my humor gets the best of me-> Ford claims they put orange where you touch parts that are special or specific... Orange trim on door, under infotanment system, little orange on the air adjustment parts along the dash... Well why not add a orange steering wheel, a orange gas pedal, a orange seat belt, why not orange tire caps... That's just me ranting, no way to be offensive other then a point of " you touch all those and don't make them screaming orange. You didn't have to do the other parts either, make it optional."

The Ford dealer at the MN state fair had a XLT in velocity blue, it had black trim parts swapped in for the orange. Unsure if that will be possible for the "common folk".

Just my opinion, like to hear what others have to say... I like everything the maverick has to offer, just please no orange parts. Thank you and have a good day guys n gals.
Sponsored

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You will be able to get replacements whether you make them, 3D printer, or someone else does, retail.
I personally don’t have a problem with the orange but if or when I do, I will replace them. It’s a new model, the accessories will be abundant in the near future.

Didj

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In time, I am sure you could purchase the black inserts at the parts department and switch them out.

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That orange trim drove me nuts! It was actually the real reason I went with the Lariat,although I have quibbles with it and will probably go with seatcovers(Realtree),like I have in my F150.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
This would be a good project to use Plastic Dip.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Ford dealer at the MN state fair had a XLT in velocity blue, it had black trim parts swapped in for the orange. Unsure if that will be possible for the "common folk".
Looks like only the rubber/silicone inserts weren't orange. I wonder if they were simply removed so people didn't take them since it was a public display vehicle.

There was someone on here who purportedly had a response from Ford they could get an XL interior on an XLT. Could just be a Customer Service Rep saying things; there was never any follow up of anyone successfully ordering such a configuration.

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I surprise myself sometimes, but these orange accent pieces in the interior really don't bother me! I initially didn't care for them, but now they actually look kind of cool against the blue/Grey interior. It's nice to know they can be changed if we get sick of them!

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I surprise myself sometimes, but these orange accent pieces in the interior really don't bother me! I initially didn't care for them, but now they actually look kind of cool against the blue/Grey interior. It's nice to know they can be changed if we get sick of them!
I've ordered and XT, but would have been happy with the orange bits. Its a nice contrast in the interior.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I think between vinyl, plastidip, 3-D printers, and seat covers there is no reason to live with the orange accents if you don't want to.

I personally like it, and probably won't change it unless I get bored down the line and find a spool of velocity blue abs plastic. 😀

Last edited:

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've ordered and XT, but would have been happy with the orange bits. Its a nice contrast in the interior.
I really like xl interior!

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well why not add a orange steering wheel, a orange gas pedal, a orange seat belt, why not orange tire caps...
Sounds good to me. Although "burnt orange" would be even better...

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds good to me. Although "burnt orange" would be even better...
Yes... agreed it could be damped down a bit. Or maybe go all in with yellow. The new Maverick HIVIZ Edition!

altomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, '71 GMC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Eventually the service dealerships will sell them as OEM replacement items. Sell the orange ones to someone who likes them, but bought a different trim. As you said you can paint the ones you have. They make some good rubberized paint in a can nowadays. I would think even Line-x in a can or textured paint of your color choice would be a good option too.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Yes... agreed it could be damped down a bit. Or maybe go all in with yellow. The new Maverick HIVIZ Edition!
I'll buy one tomorrow. I want YELLOW but they ain't offering it. Bums!!!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Sell the orange ones to someone who likes them, but bought a different trim.
You can post them at the link below here in the forum and someone on the forum may buy/trade you for them.
Member Marketplace
Sponsored