Instrument cluster display controls not workng

seamonkey

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Trying to use the steering wheel controls for customizing the instrument cluster. Buttons work except for the up and down arrows, so I can’t select more options.

I have a basic XL model with the standard option package only. This control should be working, right?

Any help is appreciated..
Sponsored

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you pushing on the arrows? If so those won't work, you have to toggle the center switch button up and down to move. I made the same mistake when I first got my Mav.

OP
OP

seamonkey

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Are you pushing on the arrows? If so those won't work, you have to toggle the center switch button up and down to move. I made the same mistake when I first got my Mav.
Thanks! I’ll try that and report back in a couple of days. Yes, I was pushing on the arrows.

Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks! I’ll try that and report back in a couple of days. Yes, I was pushing on the arrows.
I did the same thing when I bought mine, was about to turn around during my drive home after I picked the truck up but then discovered they center buttons toggle

Sponsored

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Shalyn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi, I just got 2023 Maverick xlt and have the same issue with the up down arrows on the steering wheel. Can you please assist me in locating the center switch button that you refer to? I greatly appreciate any help! Thank you.

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi, I just got 2023 Maverick xlt and have the same issue with the up down arrows on the steering wheel. Can you please assist me in locating the center switch button that you refer to? I greatly appreciate any help! Thank you.

This is the toggle switch

Ford Maverick Instrument cluster display controls not workng 1691971000146

You push on that up and down, not the arrows.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The one labeled OK. It is a three-way switch. Toggle it up to move selection up and toggle down to move selection down then push it in to pick the selection. The little errors are just hints that the center rectangular button can be toggled.🤗
Ford Maverick Instrument cluster display controls not workng IMG_20230813_191748

Be glad they put OK on the button instead of a rear end symbol of an arrow head! (Would it have been a dot with a line through it for the nock?)

Last edited: