First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great option, Iā€˜m assuming that the Ford spray in bedliner doesn't affect access to the face plates. Can anybody confirm?

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wish the cover had a lock. Heck I wish it was beefier or made of metal too.
Cam locks are readily available for under $15. You do need to know the length of the shaft.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want to add a 2nd cubby to the drivers side of my XLT. Where should I order the cubby (I assume it's the same L or R) and bolts?

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What about the bed light option will that be something us XLers can add?

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What about the bed light option will that be something us XLers can add?
Not only that, how about the bed light/outlet panel? I can't believe it would be that difficult to hook up if you already have the inverter.

SantaStephen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.santastephen.org
Vehicle(s)
GLE, Disco II, Corvette
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not only that, how about the bed light/outlet panel? I can't believe it would be that difficult to hook up if you already have the inverter.
I'm interested in that too...the XL I just picked up has the inverter. Although my wife keeps reminding me that we still have the Lariat on order and this is just supposed to be a stop-gap until that one (finally) arrives. But I'm impatient and want to start tinkering!

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sure they can. The factory lock on there looks very much like one you'd see on an office desk without the key slot.
I'm going to bring the door to a locksmith. I'm hoping it'll be a simple thing
Do a mag lock. Simple, cheap, and no one will figure it out. Just a steel barrel pin and a magnet.

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm interested in that too...the XL I just picked up has the inverter. Although my wife keeps reminding me that we still have the Lariat on order and this is just supposed to be a stop-gap until that one (finally) arrives. But I'm impatient and want to start tinkering!
If you look at the inverter - located in back of the rear seat back on the driver's side - you'll see a thick [wrapped in black] cable going to the back of the front console to power the console outlet. From the same inverter box, there should be another thick black cable that would be going to driver's side of the bed to power the bed outlet on those vehicles that are so equipped ... the trick on the XL is to find if this cable is indeed available somewhere reachable behind the bed panel ... to find oiut, if someone could remove the cubby hole cover on the XL driver's side and stick a phone camera [shooting in "night sight" setting] and see if the pictures show some kind of wire bundle/ harness just attached somewhere reachable on the inside of the bed panel ... if this indeed is there, then on the driver's side of the bed one could install the bed outlet + the light by simply having the right cubby hole cover install ... so, those of you with a XL with an inverter in back of the center console, could you shoot a few "night sight" pictures inside the bed walls looking towards the driver and see what you see ... if you have one of those "real time" flexible scope cameras, even better. And lastly, it wouldn't hurt to look at the unrside of the bed from below to see if the cable is attached/ terminated somewhere in there. I don't have my XL delivered yet. Happy hunting.

Sponsored

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here you go! Cubby hole part number : NZ6Z-760286A72-A

From @Super-Bit1366

For the XL Gang ... OEM Part Number [P/N] for Passenger Side Cubby Hole Upgrade to XLT : NZ6Z-760286A72-A [currently unavailable but soon to come/ not yet priced but expected to be in $80.00-$120.00 range] See provided Pic for 3D view of replacement part.

2022 Ford Maverick XL cubby hole part diagram (1).jpg
Thanks for giving credit to where credit is due ...

SantaStephen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.santastephen.org
Vehicle(s)
GLE, Disco II, Corvette
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you look at the inverter - located in back of the rear seat back on the driver's side - you'll see a thick [wrapped in black] cable going to the back of the front console to power the console outlet. From the same inverter box, there should be another thick black cable that would be going to driver's side of the bed to power the bed outlet on those vehicles that are so equipped ... the trick on the XL is to find if this cable is indeed available somewhere reachable behind the bed panel ... to find oiut, if someone could remove the cubby hole cover on the XL driver's side and stick a phone camera [shooting in "night sight" setting] and see if the pictures show some kind of wire bundle/ harness just attached somewhere reachable on the inside of the bed panel ... if this indeed is there, then on the driver's side of the bed one could install the bed outlet + the light by simply having the right cubby hole cover install ... so, those of you with a XL with an inverter in back of the center console, could you shoot a few "night sight" pictures inside the bed walls looking towards the driver and see what you see ... if you have one of those "real time" flexible scope cameras, even better. And lastly, it wouldn't hurt to look at the unrside of the bed from below to see if the cable is attached/ terminated somewhere in there. I don't have my XL delivered yet. Happy hunting.
Thanks, I'll try to take the pics when the weather is a bit more agreeable...

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We do get 42,000 Ford Rewards points for buying the truck equal to $210 in Ford accessories (or service), if you didn't know.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We do get 42,000 Ford Rewards points for buying the truck equal to $210 in Ford accessories (or service), if you didn't know.
That's actually not bad at all. I didn't know that, thanks.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's actually not bad at all. I didn't know that, thanks.
Just register the truck in the app and points will show up. Putting the VIN in alone doesnā€™t work
Sponsored