First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would definitely love a roof rack and if you have any leads on a decently priced one, I - and I'm certain others - would like to know about it! The Thule and Yakima versions are out of my budget for the time being.
Roof Rack suggestion:

I’d look at “MPH Production” 2 piece 48” adjustable”
Aluminum Under door frame rack $115.00. You can see it in Amazon. Since cost is a factor…no doubt Thule and Yakima are probably a little better but I’d look at this one above.

The key to a roof rack for the Maverick is a thin piece of aluminum that hooks to the top of the Maverick door frame that doesn't damage the door weather stripping, And a knob that screws down on to the roof with pressure to keep the roof rack attached from upward force of a tie-down.

You could probably get away with just ONE of the roof racks if they would sell you just one. This unit is one of those no tools required and very easy to install and remove.
Sponsored

Last edited:

APD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Order submitted
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would definitely love a roof rack and if you have any leads on a decently priced one, I - and I'm certain others - would like to know about it! The Thule and Yakima versions are out of my budget for the time being.
Search for UNIVERSAL CROSS BARS/ROOF RACK.
They have a flat hook that grabs onto the roof where it meets the door. I have an old set of THULE cross bars like this. They should work. There are many options on amazon.
Put two crossbars on the roof, then one of your HF racks at the rear, all the same height. Should work great for canoes, ladders, lumber.

Reactions: mdh
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 XLT AWD Tow Package
Hi all,

Sharing my experience and photos with the Harbor Freight Aluminum Rack. 10% off right now due to a President's Day Sale so ~$270. Could have waited for the market to start coming out with custom-fitted racks but was getting antsy and I have some mods in mind for the near future.

Installation took longer than I care to admit since I was doing it solo and it was snowing on and off this afternoon. The clamps were interesting since there are ridges under the lip of the bed that affect placement - was just a process of figuring out where these are and how to space clamps for most secure fit. Sits pretty high up over the roof (~10 inches) and am considering chopping down a bit but don't mind it for the time being. Serves my immediate purpose of wanting a way to transport an Old Town 158.

IMG_2768.JPG

IMG_2770.png
I hava hauled many canoes and kayaks and I would recommend moving your canoe back about a foot. A strong cross wind could be catastrophic. You want more of your boat behind the front cross bar so the canoe will always track streight ahead. Sorry to be a know it all but I would hate to see you lose that baby !!!

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 XLT AWD Tow Package
By the way, I have the same universal rack from my Nissan Frontier. Now I am inspired to try on my Maverick

OP
OP

mdh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mauro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hava hauled many canoes and kayaks and I would recommend moving your canoe back about a foot. A strong cross wind could be catastrophic. You want more of your boat behind the front cross bar so the canoe will always track streight ahead. Sorry to be a know it all but I would hate to see you lose that baby !!!
I appreciate the input/advice!

Sponsored

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all,

Sharing my experience and photos with the Harbor Freight Aluminum Rack. 10% off right now due to a President's Day Sale so ~$270. Could have waited for the market to start coming out with custom-fitted racks but was getting antsy and I have some mods in mind for the near future.

Installation took longer than I care to admit since I was doing it solo and it was snowing on and off this afternoon. The clamps were interesting since there are ridges under the lip of the bed that affect placement - was just a process of figuring out where these are and how to space clamps for most secure fit. Sits pretty high up over the roof (~10 inches) and am considering chopping down a bit but don't mind it for the time being. Serves my immediate purpose of wanting a way to transport an Old Town 158.

IMG_2768.JPG

IMG_2770.png
I spotted a Maverick in the Wild in Bristol (Southington), CT on Friday. Might have been you for it was the same color truck.

JPH 673

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 truck Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Any opinion as to how hard it would be to shorten them 3 or 4 inches? Thx for any response.

Looked at your link and the Harbor Frt installation manual shows the components…reducing height is as simple as cutting the length of the top rail to size needed and drill a couple of holes…just taking care to make correct length cuts.
Has anyone installed a bike rack in the Bed?

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Building a wood one sort of like you see at school yards. For two bikes. When finished I'll post pictures. The bikes will fit with tailgate down. BTY my mountain bike can be put in the bed with the tailgate up, wheels on. Rear wheel tucked into rear corner bike front wheel cranked hard 90 deg. Used rope to tie upright.

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice! I've been waiting for someone to find some good mounting options for a canoe. I've got an Old Town 164 so that setup is a little too short. You've inspired me to look and I found this option from Harbor Freight at a similar price. It would solve the stability issue for longer canoes and it can be mounted temporarily. But, it's not nearly as nice looking as yours and it doesn't look like it's compatible with a bed cover.
Ford Maverick Installed - Harbor Freight Universal Aluminum Truck Rack Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 8.25.08 AM

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Roof Rack suggestion:

I’d look at “MPH Production” 2 piece 48” adjustable”
Aluminum Under door frame rack $115.00. You can see it in Amazon. Since cost is a factor…no doubt Thule and Yakima are probably a little better but I’d look at this one above.

The key to a roof rack for the Maverick is a think piece of aluminum that hooks to the top of the Maverick door frame And a knob that screws down on to the roof with pressure to keep the roof rack attached From upward force of a tie-down.

You could probably get away with just ONE of the roof racks if they would sell you just one. This unit is one of those no tools required and very easy to install and remove.

Those look great, thanks for the suggestion. $115 on amazon.

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all,

IMG_2768.JPG

IMG_2770.png
I don't go canoeing, but your truck looks great !!

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
I like it!! I have a 12' solo i need to topper....so that's an option!
Well done!

OP
OP

mdh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mauro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice! I've been waiting for someone to find some good mounting options for a canoe. I've got an Old Town 164 so that setup is a little too short. You've inspired me to look and I found this option from Harbor Freight at a similar price. It would solve the stability issue for longer canoes and it can be mounted temporarily. But, it's not nearly as nice looking as yours and it doesn't look like it's compatible with a bed cover.
Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 8.25.08 AM.png
Hi Captain,

Have you seen this thread?

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...talled-on-2022-maverick-1k-lbs-capacity.3791/

Looks similar to the HF option and might serve as a good starting point for you. Keep me updated!

OP
OP

mdh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mauro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For anyone interested: decided to take a hacksaw and chop the rack down by 5 inches. Made sure everything was square, tapped in new bolt holes, put it all back together. Definitely looks better and still supports the canoe!

Ford Maverick Installed - Harbor Freight Universal Aluminum Truck Rack Chopped.JPG
Ford Maverick Installed - Harbor Freight Universal Aluminum Truck Rack Before and after
Ford Maverick Installed - Harbor Freight Universal Aluminum Truck Rack IMG_2802.JPG
Ford Maverick Installed - Harbor Freight Universal Aluminum Truck Rack IMG_2804.JPG

AwdCactusxlt

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 xlt awd ecoboost
Has anyone installed a bike rack in the Bed?
I just finished my bed rack that can carry up to 3 bikes with the tailgate up. Mountain bikes go in forward facing and road bikes go backwards so that the handlebars don't interfere with each other.
I still have 10 inches of free space underneath the rack and I might get crafty and try to build in some storage under there. For now, my 10 gallon plastic bins fit just fine.

Ford Maverick Installed - Harbor Freight Universal Aluminum Truck Rack 20220425_102450

Ford Maverick Installed - Harbor Freight Universal Aluminum Truck Rack 20220425_102610

Ford Maverick Installed - Harbor Freight Universal Aluminum Truck Rack 20220425_102536

Ford Maverick Installed - Harbor Freight Universal Aluminum Truck Rack 20220425_102422

Ford Maverick Installed - Harbor Freight Universal Aluminum Truck Rack 20220425_102410

Ford Maverick Installed - Harbor Freight Universal Aluminum Truck Rack 20220425_102343
Sponsored