First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does it flap a lot in the wind at Highway speeds or is it pretty stable?
It flaps pretty good starting at 35mph. At 65 it's like a flag in the wind. Worried me at first but I check the backup straps often.
Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
same one I got. Very easy to install and uninstall when needed. The price was right too through Real Truck web store.
Same. Ive had to take mine out for work or other things 6/7 times already. So glad its so easy and quick

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It flaps pretty good starting at 35mph. At 65 it's like a flag in the wind. Worried me at first but I check the backup straps often.
I think you are joking - right? I’m an aircraft engineer ( mechanical by degree). I worry about aero things. I assume with the supports there is minimal flapping/flutter but was just asking for confirmation. I’m ok with a joke now and then though. I was seriously asking. It sounds like the best deal financially unless it flaps/flutters to the point it’s likely to rip after a year or so. I doubt it flaps but higher confidence asking someone with experience than making an assumption. Thanks

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same as everyone mentioned here. Great cover, easy and cheap, great for basic tonneau needs. Doesnt flap yet on highway. Might over time. About $45 off with realtruck forum discount. You can get same cover, no gator badge, lever instead spring clips in rear from napa branded trident slightly cheaper. You can also get slightly more $ with improved quality branded extang 2.0 as well. Gator fits nicely between the two for quality and features.
20220618_091405.jpg
Thanks for the feedback

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you are joking - right? I’m an aircraft engineer ( mechanical by degree). I worry about aero things. I assume with the supports there is minimal flapping/flutter but was just asking for confirmation. I’m ok with a joke now and then though. I was seriously asking. It sounds like the best deal financially unless it flaps/flutters to the point it’s likely to rip after a year or so. I doubt it flaps but higher confidence asking someone with experience than making an assumption. Thanks
Definitely not joking. I'm sure at the price point one person's could be tighter than the next.

Mine is tight as a drum but at speeds it flaps.

The stitching is very nice and the corners have extra material.

Sponsored

FriarPop

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have the same cover, paid 190 for it direct from gator on a special during December. It doesnt flap at all, the material is designed to let the wind wiggle it a bit which actually improves MPG compared to a hard cover.

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The vinyl cover itself flaps. However I'm virtually certain the rigid aluminum frame stays rock solid so I wouldn't worry. Plus they have a lifetime warranty.

Edit: I think "flaps" isn't actually the best word. The vinyl undulates. The whole cover isn't just flying around

Last edited:
OP
OP
PDM33

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have had no flapping at all and that’s with the cruise set at 72 on the highway. No issues at all

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if it could be weather related? Mine is always in the sun and its been 105+ lately

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The vinyl cover itself flaps. However I'm virtually certain the rigid aluminum frame stays rock solid so I wouldn't worry. Plus they have a lifetime warranty.

Edit: I think "flaps" isn't actually the best word. The vinyl undulates. The whole cover isn't just flying around
A lifetime warranty is pretty impressive at that price point

Sponsored
OP
OP
PDM33

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI took the Maverick through the touchless wash today (very powerful jets) and the bed was pretty wet afterwards. Again, a high PSI touchless wash isn’t the same as rain but it shows it’s definitely not leak proof. I’ll be I interested to see when it rains. I’m still super happy with it.

Also, was going 75-80 today on the way home to check the cover and it was totally fine.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like a lot of you that have it like it! Now I'm thinking this cover or the Truxedo pro x15.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the looks of the Gator Soft Trim-Fold cover and the fact it is a low profile compared to my Ford TruXedo Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Bed Cover. By the way, the TruXedo leaks as well and it does it at a cost of $120 more, so the Gator is a bargain. My roll up cover is ok, but I also like the tri-fold operation better. The complete removal of my roll up is not labor intensive, but the Gator seems to be easier.

Seems like all the check marks are on the side of the Gator. Great job guys! :cool:

Sivart

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
The gator tri-fold is great for the money. But I highly recommend the Rough Country low profile hard trI-fold. Easy to install and remove. And its almost 100% waterproof. I say that, but I have found minimal water in the bed after a rain. What I like most is the low profile. Its sits almost flush with the bed rails.