2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All,

I had some points from Ford’s app that I could use towards accessories.

The balance was enough to pick up the window visors and a hood deflector, so I ordered those and installed today.

I’m going to keep them on for a little while, but I think the side visors are bad enough to drive me crazy in short order.

the hood visor doesn’t look too terrible.

Impressions:

Overall, they’re not bad from 10 feet

The fit is not great. The front door visors are a little too long. Rear door visors are much too short.

the hood deflector fits well but is very difficult to align. If you’re being very careful you can get three or four shots at it. I lined mine up carefully and taped it in place before exposing the adhesive. Still didn’t get it perfect. This is the best of the 5 pieces for QC.

the edges are VERY sharp, and they appear to be hand finished. Sliced my fingers pretty good taking them out of the packaging.

The passenger side and driver’s side pieces are not symmetrically shaped due to finish. last photo shows a large plastic tab that was left in the finishing process only on the passenger front visor.

Ford Maverick Installed Ford Accessory Window Visors and Hood Deflector IMG_0067

Ford Maverick Installed Ford Accessory Window Visors and Hood Deflector IMG_0068

Ford Maverick Installed Ford Accessory Window Visors and Hood Deflector IMG_0069

Ford Maverick Installed Ford Accessory Window Visors and Hood Deflector IMG_0070

Ford Maverick Installed Ford Accessory Window Visors and Hood Deflector IMG_0071
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Amen. I have and like the ford hood/bug protector, also have the ford side window visors but didn't even put them on once i saw them in person, immediately bought the EGR In Channel ones - that's the way to go IMO

OP
OP

N2L

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those EGR ones look a million times better.

i repositioned the Lund ones to follow the trim line. Slight improvement, but I’m going to order those EGR visors.

Ford Maverick Installed Ford Accessory Window Visors and Hood Deflector IMG_0072

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
I ordered the EGR In Channel visors, but didn't like them and promptly sent them back.

For one, it partially blocked the passenger side side view mirror, especially for a shorter person, but even for a tall one it blocked 15-20% of the mirror. The other is that it is hard to get it go up even in this warmer weather, the window kept reversing. It wouldn't be nice not being able to close the windows in colder days...

In addition, I didn't really cared about the either, they are too dark and too wide for me anyway....

Sponsored

Bobby Chapman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered ford wind deflectors, wrong decision, waste of money. Sharpe edges, different heights, does not go all the way back on rear window. Sorry .

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All,

The balance was enough to pick up the window visors and a hood deflector, so I ordered those and installed today.

I’m going to keep them on for a little while, but I think the side visors are bad enough to drive me crazy in short order.

Impressions:

The fit is not great. The front door visors are a little too long. Rear door visors are much too short.

the hood deflector fits well but is very difficult to align. If you’re being very careful you can get three or four shots at it. I lined mine up carefully and taped it in place before exposing the adhesive. Still didn’t get it perfect. This is the best of the 5 pieces for QC.

the edges are VERY sharp, and they appear to be hand finished. Sliced my fingers pretty good taking them out of the packaging.

The passenger side and driver’s side pieces are not symmetrically shaped due to finish. last photo shows a large plastic tab that was left in the finishing process only on the passenger front visor.

IMG_0067.jpeg

IMG_0068.jpeg

IMG_0069.jpeg

IMG_0070.jpeg

IMG_0071.jpeg
If’s you install them onto the seal/flushing the line to the mirror rather than on the top of the door they fit better. I myself like the design of the ford ones better and wider, but everyone has a preference.

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered ford wind deflectors, wrong decision, waste of money. Sharpe edges, different heights, does not go all the way back on rear window. Sorry .
Get the EGR deflectors. Much better.

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the EGR In Channel visors, but didn't like them and promptly sent them back.

For one, it partially blocked the passenger side side view mirror, especially for a shorter person, but even for a tall one it blocked 15-20% of the mirror. The other is that it is hard to get it go up even in this warmer weather, the window kept reversing. It wouldn't be nice not being able to close the windows in colder days...

In addition, I didn't really cared about the either, they are too dark and too wide for me anyway....
I don’t have any of those issues but YMMV.

OP
OP

N2L

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If’s you install them onto the seal/flushing the line to the mirror rather than on the top of the door they fit better. I myself like the design of the ford ones better and wider, but everyone has a preference.
I moved them down. It did look much better, but I ended up tossing them out yesterday. The ragged, sharp edges were driving me nuts.

Sponsored

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick, '17 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unless you smoke in the rain, just ditch the window visors altother. I had these on my first truck in 1995. I rarely see them now.

Castaway

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023MiniSE, 2013 SubaruOutback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do either of these options significantly reduce wind noise, especially front windows?

Old Ford Guy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat ; 2016 Linc Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

All,

Impressions:

IMG_0067.jpeg

IMG_0068.jpeg

IMG_0069.jpeg

IMG_0070.jpeg

IMG_0071.jpeg
thanks for this great write up & review, i am searching for some of these for my '23 Lariat and this helps a lot.

Bobby Chapman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Put on the ford ones ,found same issues. Sharp egdes,different sizes , etc. Took them off. In the garage scrap pile.

Mav_808

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do yourself a favor and return those window deflectors and get the ones from EGR/RealTruck. The fact the Ford ones go past the window looks goofy. Here’s mine from EGR:
IMG_3280.jpeg
IMG_3279.jpeg
Is that the superguard hood guard?
Sponsored