First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V & firebird T/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Avs bugflector 2 from realtruck . bolts on with plastic grommets in existing holes .also covers the front fenders edges . I had to extend the center two flanges to match up with the holes . others didn't have this problem . like the product but not avs customer service . I was missing two grommets and had to buy from Amazon because avs never did send them after two contacts . also like that I can lean forward and see top edge of bugflector to tell approximately location of front of truck is when parking .
20220509_141016.jpg
I dropped my grommets and squished a couple. Called CS and they sent them next day
Sponsored

Rileyotta

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for Maverick, driving 2013 Kia Sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Is no one concerned about the 3m tape directly on the paint? I've used the 3m tape in multiple applications, and over time it's just ungodly trying to remove it. Since you can count on these deflectors to wear out / need replacement after several years, I anticipate a helluva problem getting the old tape off, without damaging the paint. I'd rather have a bolt on option -- love Weathertech, but they don't seem to have one?
I’ve had mine taken off twice and replaced due to uneven application. This was done by the dealership mind you, but I would have never been able to guess it was ever stuck to my truck when they were finished removing it.

Rileyotta

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for Maverick, driving 2013 Kia Sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I dropped my grommets and squished a couple. Called CS and they sent them next day
I really would have preferred getting this type of deflector as well. I’m honestly thinking of peeling my stick-on one off my truck and getting the type you’ve got.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is no one concerned about the 3m tape directly on the paint? I've used the 3m tape in multiple applications, and over time it's just ungodly trying to remove it. Since you can count on these deflectors to wear out / need replacement after several years, I anticipate a helluva problem getting the old tape off, without damaging the paint. I'd rather have a bolt on option -- love Weathertech, but they don't seem to have one?
I can't imagine the stick-on type that sit flush on the hood ever "wearing" out, yet alone in a few years.

Now the bolt on ones, that sit above the hood and vibrate around with the wind ruining the paint underneath I could see. Though I had that type on my Sport Trac for 14 years and it never wore out, just ruined the paint on the hood underneath.

If I ever buy a new Maverick and the hood is the same shape, I'll probably remove my Aeroskin2 and put it on the new truck since they are discontinued.

Ford Maverick WeatherTech hood deflector installed IMG_20220412_130217 (1)

24MAVXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just installed this also. Easy install , quality material , 3M adhesive. In my opinion, these black hood protectors look best on our white colored trucks.
847B40C0-5819-4E11-B15B-EEAF014A1B10.jpeg
4340C9A1-61AA-43EE-B427-FE5D35C9A4B9.jpeg
1C8C6DF4-75C4-4DBB-A57D-759C80D7EE02.jpeg
lol 😂 looks like you can squeeze one more maybe 🤔 2 more Fords on that Driveway. Love it , Nice Look on your Maverick. Dealer is installing mine will update with Photos .

Mikew555

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got one a few months back and love it. It does the job plus it looks great. What gets me on your pictures was the packing. My first order I refused because it was flopping around in a box and scratched up.. The second was ok but packed terrible, It's the one that's on my truck. The way yours came looked good.
Looks great on your truck also.
Sponsored