2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered the Lund deflector from the accessories site back in March, but it got lost in transit. The WeatherTech deflector seemed like a decent replacement. I just finished installing it.
Ford Maverick WeatherTech hood deflector installed 4B60C3FB-00A4-4572-8E87-42768330419E
Ford Maverick WeatherTech hood deflector installed 9A1FCB7D-BCB0-4885-A2DD-7F5954630944
Ford Maverick WeatherTech hood deflector installed ABB6408A-58B6-458D-9C2F-779ECC054BDC
Ford Maverick WeatherTech hood deflector installed 9492C60F-E51C-4EF9-9286-745AD7170109
Sponsored

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm kicking this idea around while waiting for the dealership to have my truck ready.

What are the main benefits? Prevent rock chipping on the hood?

Does it create hood shake at high speeds?

Is there an adhesive to mount this? Wondering if that would be a problem for car washes or when you remove it?

OP
OP
Clarkdonbran

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I like the looks and I’ve had some rock issues lately. I think it mostly protects the leading edge of the hood. I haven’t driven with it installed yet. It adheres with 3m tape. Feels pretty sturdy.

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm kicking this idea around while waiting for the dealership to have my truck ready.

What are the main benefits? Prevent rock chipping on the hood?

Does it create hood shake at high speeds?

Is there an adhesive to mount this? Wondering if that would be a problem for car washes or when you remove it?
I would get it to prevent the chipping. It will also prevent bug guts at least on the hood front. I order one from RealTruck.com. The install uses plugs that already exist that hold the foam insulator in place at the front under the hood. There are also some clear rubber feet to use so the wind doesn't bounce the shield off the hood. It does take extra time for the paint to totally cure. 60-90 days? And I am not sure if the chipping was from paved roads or Dirt road drivers. That would be good to know.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is no one concerned about the 3m tape directly on the paint? I've used the 3m tape in multiple applications, and over time it's just ungodly trying to remove it. Since you can count on these deflectors to wear out / need replacement after several years, I anticipate a helluva problem getting the old tape off, without damaging the paint. I'd rather have a bolt on option -- love Weathertech, but they don't seem to have one?

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is no one concerned about the 3m tape directly on the paint? I've used the 3m tape in multiple applications, and over time it's just ungodly trying to remove it. Since you can count on these deflectors to wear out / need replacement after several years, I anticipate a helluva problem getting the old tape off, without damaging the paint. I'd rather have a bolt on option -- love Weathertech, but they don't seem to have one?
There's a build out there somewhere with the bolt on option that uses existing holes under the hood...just have to comb through the posts...

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That one looks really good! Very low profile, I like it. Too bad I already did my Graphene coating and nothing will stick now. That bolt on one would be my only option at this point.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Earlier on this thread someone mentioned a bolt on hood protector available from RealTruck.com. You might want to check that out.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Avs bugflector 2 from realtruck . bolts on with plastic grommets in existing holes .also covers the front fenders edges . I had to extend the center two flanges to match up with the holes . others didn't have this problem . like the product but not avs customer service . I was missing two grommets and had to buy from Amazon because avs never did send them after two contacts . also like that I can lean forward and see top edge of bugflector to tell approximately location of front of truck is when parking .
Ford Maverick WeatherTech hood deflector installed 20220509_141016

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like an exact match to the Ford OEM hood deflector. No surprise there as it is produced by Lund too.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Other than a lot of elbow grease, goo be gone, and WD40 (best for removing 3M tape), I've never experienced a problem removing 3M tape. It is damn sticky stuff though ;) Always treat the area with a little Mirror Shine afterwards.

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Other than a lot of elbow grease, goo be gone, and WD40 (best for removing 3M tape), I've never experienced a problem removing 3M tape. It is damn sticky stuff though ;) Always treat the area with a little Mirror Shine afterwards.
Orange Goo Gone works wonders for the 3M tape residue.
Sponsored