Sponsored

Deleted member 1483

I recently upgraded my stock XLT Hybrid with Falken Wildpeak trail all terrain tires. They are the same size as the stock tires, but I can already tell a noticeable difference in the handling and feel of the truck.

The steering is heavier and more floaty, but the truck feels more substantial overall. Despite this, it's still comfortable to drive, though I would argue that it feels less agile than before.

Compared to the stock tires, the truck feels less "sporty", but that's to be expected with all terrain tires. Overall, I'm very happy with the upgrade and the performance of the Falken Wildpeak tires.

I've also included some pictures and my MPG from my commute to and from work!

Ford Maverick Installed Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail tires --  noticeable difference in the handling and feel of the truck (stock Hybrid) EB6A13AF-F304-4720-B6E1-65B65BFD1F26

Ford Maverick Installed Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail tires --  noticeable difference in the handling and feel of the truck (stock Hybrid) 9DF33741-1E4F-49BC-B8EA-345798663F2F

Ford Maverick Installed Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail tires --  noticeable difference in the handling and feel of the truck (stock Hybrid) DAAEC72A-D21C-4FE4-8244-91C00968E801
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any noticeable difference in MPG?

OP
OP

Deleted member 1483

I have not driven enough to see but it does seem to be a little less, yes. I have had a few trips with over 40mpg so the trade off might be worth it.

@bighap

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The new tires are 29% heavier than the stock Continentals. 31 lbs. vs 24 lbs.

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks good and should preform good! I'm going with the Firestone Destination A/T2s (they are 3 peak) in 235 as they are only 4lbs more than the stock.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP

Deleted member 1483

They definitely feel heavy and I’m sure I’m going to have a mpg penalty. Like I said above the truck feels more solid and less sporty so it’s a trade off.

The difference is notable.

The main reason for the switch for me is stubbornly wanting an off road (soft road) hybrid. I had my previous car blow a tire on a gravel road in the middle of Oklahoma. I feel like with some decent tires it would have been fine.

edit: let me know if there is something I can test, or video

OP
OP

Deleted member 1483

That's a BIG weight increase. I'm actually perfectly satisfied with my stock continentals, but I also don't do more than muddy driveways/ parking lots.
My continentals had really bad tread wear. I put 15k miles and them and the front ones looked almost ready to replace. I put that much on my snow tires over the winter and they look brand new.

Sponsored

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a set on my hybrid. There most certainly is a penalty to using these tires on a hybrid on the highway but if you’re driving in the city, it’s not significant. This is my average with these tires. I don’t bother to mess with changing the driving setting off normal either, so you can still achieve good MPG with little effort.
Ford Maverick Installed Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail tires --  noticeable difference in the handling and feel of the truck (stock Hybrid) IMG_3689

OP
OP

Deleted member 1483

I managed 44mpg on my way home. I usually get around 47-50.
@RonFLA
edit: I just use normal mode too

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I recently upgraded my stock XLT Hybrid with Falken Wildpeak trail all terrain tires. They are the same size as the stock tires, but I can already tell a noticeable difference in the handling and feel of the truck.

The steering is heavier and more floaty, but the truck feels more substantial overall. Despite this, it's still comfortable to drive, though I would argue that it feels less agile than before.

Compared to the stock tires, the truck feels less "sporty", but that's to be expected with all terrain tires. Overall, I'm very happy with the upgrade and the performance of the Falken Wildpeak tires.

I've also included some pictures and my MPG from my commute to and from work!

EB6A13AF-F304-4720-B6E1-65B65BFD1F26.jpeg

9DF33741-1E4F-49BC-B8EA-345798663F2F.jpeg

DAAEC72A-D21C-4FE4-8244-91C00968E801.jpeg
How did they do in the snow?

OP
OP

Deleted member 1483

No snow to speak of in western pa this year so I can’t say

Pikey87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My continentals had really bad tread wear. I put 15k miles and them and the front ones looked almost ready to replace. I put that much on my snow tires over the winter and they look brand new.
I'll let you know how mine do, I'm still under 1k miles. 🤣👍 I actually do plan to get winter tires for my maverick next winter though.
Sponsored