First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL Atlas Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I bought my XL, I didn't think not having a power unlocking tailgate would be such a nuisance. However, having to shut off the truck to use the key to unlock it was becoming an issue. Like when it was very dark trying to find the keyhole was a pain.

I watched this video:

And with about $120 in parts and materials was able to install the power tailgate lock. The lock was $106 and I bought the aftermarket power plug for about $13. Also fabric harness tape, electric tape, electrical connections etc. It took a little time and I have big hands so maneuvering around inside the tailgate was a little clumsy.

Very pleased with the results.
Sponsored

Angel1221

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you have the link for the aftermarket plug?

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was able to get both OEM parts for ~$160 in Nov '23 - worth not having to mess with splicing etc. Prices may actually be lower now - $106 seems quite high for the lock.
I see one for $75 on eBay see thread on reddit for p/ns and pricing.

OP
OP

Cyberwiz64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is the link for the connector.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/314786434922

The video I linked to, indicates these plugs are used for many things on Ford and Lincoln vehicles. I heard several vehicles use the same plug for the windshield washer motor. If you have access to a junk yard, you might be able to find one.

insulanus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for the clear guide. Installed this on my XL hybrid this afternoon. I opted to order the replacement hardness in addition to the power lock (used Fordpass points for both) as I wanted a more plug and play project.

OP
OP

Cyberwiz64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The harness was probably a good option. The most time consuming thing was removing the cloth electrical tape, running the wires through the existing harness and taping it back up. I wanted to be very careful not to damage the insulation on the existing wires.
Sponsored