XLAZNDrvr

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After extensive research....I finally found the right OEM part to power the tailgate lock to my XL. This is a follow up to my previous thread. https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/tailgate-auto-lock-installed-for-xl.9343/ I was able to take pictures of the control from my friend's XLT. Reading the QR code...I found the part number to be jb3b431f94ad. However...a google search for that part number only yielded resellers from Europe. Exhausted from not finding more info on jb3b431f94ad...I took a shot in the dark and see if the maverick share the same control as the new Ranger. I went to a Ranger forum and found a thread where the user showed the inside of the tailgate. To my joy, the control looked exactly as the one in the Maverick...down to the same part number jb3b431f94ad. So I search the part catalog for '19 Ranger and found the control part number. The part number is JB3Z-9943170-A. A google search of that part number didn't yield any pictures for me to compare. Taking a chance...I ordered the part from Fairway Ford Parts for $80 shipped. The part came in today and boom! same as the Maverick. I quickly installed it and it works perfectly.

Part you need:
JB3Z-9943170-A

Ford Maverick DIY Tailgate Power Lock using Control/Actuator from Ranger IMG_3959

the control have a 2 pin socket.
Ford Maverick DIY Tailgate Power Lock using Control/Actuator from Ranger IMG_3962

I used a 2 pin connector plug from an old computer fan.
Ford Maverick DIY Tailgate Power Lock using Control/Actuator from Ranger IMG_3961

it fits perfectly inside the socket...
Ford Maverick DIY Tailgate Power Lock using Control/Actuator from Ranger IMG_3963

Removed the old manual control by removing the two bolts and detaching the two pull rods. Do the reverse to Install the new control. It will fit perfectly. Connect the cables. (for wiring...see below). All done.
Ford Maverick DIY Tailgate Power Lock using Control/Actuator from Ranger IMG_3964

Edit:
Thanks to Fakecowboy...I was able to track down the correct wires. remove the spare tire and find the harness for the backup camera. The wires are yellow/purple and Blue/Red.
Ford Maverick DIY Tailgate Power Lock using Control/Actuator from Ranger IMG_3972

Ford Maverick DIY Tailgate Power Lock using Control/Actuator from Ranger IMG_3973

Ford Maverick DIY Tailgate Power Lock using Control/Actuator from Ranger IMG_3960
Sponsored

Last edited:

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After extensive research....I finally found the right OEM part to power the tailgate lock to my XL. This is a follow up to my previous thread. https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/tailgate-auto-lock-installed-for-xl.9343/ I was able to take pictures of the control from my friend's XLT. Reading the QR code...I found the part number to be jb3b431f94ad. However...a google search for that part number only yielded resellers from Europe. Exhausted from not finding more info on jb3b431f94ad...I took a shot in the dark and see if the maverick share the same control as the new Ranger. I went to a Ranger forum and found a thread where the user showed the inside of the tailgate. To my joy, the control looked exactly as the one in the Maverick...down to the same part number jb3b431f94ad. So I search the part catalog for '19 Ranger and found the control part number. The part number is JB3Z-9943170-A. A google search of that part number didn't yield any pictures for me to compare. Taking a chance...I ordered the part from Fairway Ford Parts for $80 shipped. The part came in today and boom! same as the Maverick. I quickly installed it and it works perfectly.

Part you need:
JB3Z-9943170-A

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_3962.jpg

IMG_3961.jpg

IMG_3963.jpg

Removed the old manual control by removing the two bolts and detaching the two pull rods. Do the reverse to Install the new control. It will fit perfectly. Connect the cables. (for wiring...please see my previous thread). All done.
IMG_3964.jpg

IMG_3960.jpg
Thanks for the info and the photos.

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Awesome! Thank you…. I’ve been wanting to do this but haven’t had the time to figure it out (spent a few hours one night running into walls)

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
So the wiring you’re using is still running back from the b pillar?

Sponsored

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What did you do to your keyfob? Looks like some kind of "antenna" is attached. Is this necessary to make this work?

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What did you do to your keyfob? Looks like some kind of "antenna" is attached. Is this necessary to make this work?
LOL. That’s a key.

Sponsored

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very cool. It’s great to see owners figure out how to do these upgrades to lower optioned models. I bought some mirrors for my 15 Soul that had the turn signals in them since only top trim came with them. They were a plug and play replacement and I sold my originals on EvilBay.

Hizzy8122

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Part you need:
JB3Z-9943170-A

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_3962.jpg

IMG_3961.jpg

IMG_3963.jpg

Removed the old manual control by removing the two bolts and detaching the two pull rods. Do the reverse to Install the new control. It will fit perfectly. Connect the cables. (for wiring...please see my previous thread). All done.
IMG_3964.jpg

IMG_3960.jpg
Genius

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine