Sponsored

If you had a chance to order again what would you change?

ToothGrinder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would have added the bed liner if it hadn’t been a constraint item. My current bed is getting scratched up so now I think I’ll just DIY it.
Sponsored

BlueXL_73

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I could go back to June 9, 2021 I would keep scrolling past the Maverick launch video on YouTube until I found some funny cats to watch, and I would have never ordered one of these trucks at all.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, it opens -- technically, nearly everything is a moonroof these days. A sunroof means that the moving part is metal and matches the rest of the roof. A moonroof is made of glass. I had to look that up some time ago because I've always wondered what the difference is! Some manufacturers will use "sunroof" even though it's technically a moonroof. Weird little fact.

My wife's VW has the screen, and it makes a big difference. If the Mav had one, I probably would have ordered it, but I assumed it's like my current one in the Fusion. My wife loves her VW one because it's massive -- I think they call it a panaromic one, and it's at least double the size of the Fusion's.

I will open mine and really enjoy it a handful of times each year. However, I'm constantly inspecting the gasket seal on the outside and worry about taking the car through a car wash because it leaks quite a bit from those sprayers (not into the car, just down the drain tubes). Those brief and scattered moments of enjoyment just didn't seem worth the $800.
Mine would be a moonroof by your description as it is indeed glass, and it's also panoramic as it comes in two parts, one over the front seats and the other over the back seats. Only the front section pops up, and the front glass can also slide over the back glass to open all the way, such that one could stand up and be outside the vehicle's roof. LOL.

But Mini calls it a sunroof and I concur. You really know when the sun is out, especially if you don't use the screens. I can't imagine having a metal thing up there that matches the roof. What would be the point? How would you even see the sun or moon when it's not open?

Wait, here's what BMW (who makes the Mini Cooper) says of the difference:
"a panel made of glass or opaque material installed in the roof of a BMW car; it slides open or pops up to pull light and air into the interior. Technically, a moonroof is a type of sunroof; it’s a glass or tinted glass panel that slides between the roof of a vehicle and the headliner. Both are designed to make your ... commutes more enjoyable."

Some photos...

Ford Maverick If you had a chance to order again what would you change? Sunroof open from front right

Ford Maverick If you had a chance to order again what would you change? Sunroof popped open from front left

Ford Maverick If you had a chance to order again what would you change? Sunroof as seen from insid

Ford Maverick If you had a chance to order again what would you change? Sunroof with sliding screens

I would love a Maverick with a sunroof and sliding screen! Maybe on the plug-in hybrid version someday?

Last edited:

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would not order Lux, but my wife would have something to say about that. She likes those heated seats (I have never used them in our current car).

tebowed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 2.0T
Would have got a hybrid xlt instead of lariat eco.

Sponsored

GramsMav

First Name
Terri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I ordered the XL in blue, with Ecoboost. My dealer told me it was not going to be available until August of 2022. Though he had one on the lot if I was interested. He would cancel my special order. It's the same color with back window slider, moon roof, 360, 400W inverter, tow hitch. If I had the option to make changes, I would change the color to the cactus, and add the tow package. Everything else is pretty much perfect!

RevanSTL

First Name
Cale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
I’m happy with my order, I just wouldn’t have waited until January to do it 😂

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FE Rapid Red 2.5L Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am so torn on whether to update my order to add the moonroof it's not even funny.
I use my sun roof every time I get into the truck!

Additionally, I have the motor driven rear window that I use in conjunction with the sun roof. This provides the best / controllable natural Air Flow with very low noise levels vs. door windows and without messing up my hair. My method is to use the moon roof "Tilt" and adjust the rear window to increase / decrease air flow. Additionally, I use the sun roof sliding cover to adjust for both sun and sound. What's surprising is I originally thought my dog was going to enjoy the sliding rear window, but so far she doesn't really notice it.

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love my color, alto blue, but dammit Im getting older and washing the pickup twice a week would have been fun in my earlier years. The problem was all info was based on switching colors on a computer screen. Some colors do not sell well that way.

Sponsored

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure I would change anything I'm very happy with my XLT. I guess if I had to pick one thing. If there wasn't such a cost difference I may have went with a Lariat. But I don't care for leather seats (even fake leather)

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Me…I’d probably give Cactus Grey more consideration.
I would have ordered a few months earlier. When I ordered in October I thought, great, I'll have heated seats for the winter. Little did I know it MIGHT be the winter of '23 (hoping).

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nothing. However, eager to see what the MY23 pricing and options are and whether I'll place an additional order with any changes if my current order is not scheduled by the time order books reopen in August...
At this time I'm afraid to change anything. I'll probably be switching to a MY 23 myself.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The back is window vent. My nephew always wants me to put the back windows down but if I do the air hits the back window like a drum and melts my brain.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am happy I switched from XLT lux to Lariat without Lux plus some add-ons. Had a spray-in bedliner done after it came in. My wife and I both really like the active X seats. The moon roof combined with the power sliding rear window is nice for air flow.

I don't like the Lariat wheels very much, but my wife doesn't mind them and it's primarily her daily driver. She loves the Velocity Blue, too. If it was my truck I'd probably have gone with cactus gray.
Sponsored