Sponsored

If there's unfilled 2022 orders, will they be price-protected on the 2023 model's inevitable MSRP increase?

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm still hoping to get my 2022 Hybrid. But my question is: if some 2022 orders don't get filled prior to 2023MY transition, will we be price-protected on a 2023 version's inevitable MSRP increase? (I doubt it but just pondering...)

EDIT: I think there's been as similar producion issue with the first year Broncos. How was pricing handled for those orders that are a year-plus old?
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ

Banned
Banned
First Name
ML
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Miatas, Z06, Outback
Amazing how that THREAD caused an internet fire drill on MTC.

In just under 6 hours there was over 6,000 reads and 160-ish comments posted. Seems there's many Hybrid customers interested in Hybrid production news...whether its true or false.

I'm still hoping to get my 2022 Hybrid. But my real question is: if some 2022 orders don't get filled prior to 2023MY transition, will we be price-protected on a 2023 version's inevitable MSRP increase? (I doubt it but just pondering...)
The definitive answer to this disingenuous question to forum members as asked, is " maybe" !

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm still hoping to get my 2022 Hybrid. But my question is: if some 2022 orders don't get filled prior to 2023MY transition, will we be price-protected on a 2023 version's inevitable MSRP increase? (I doubt it but just pondering...)

EDIT: I think there's been as similar producion issue with the first year Broncos. How was pricing handled for those orders that are a year-plus old?
I believe the Broncos were price protected based on some videos of people that orderd one. So would assume the same for the Mavs if it came to that, but I think Ford will try to avoid that situation again.

Bamajim

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500. Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe the Broncos were price protected based on some videos of people that orderd one. So would assume the same for the Mavs if it came to that, but I think Ford will try to avoid that situation again.
Being my luck my 22 hybrid would be the last truck made and right behind it would be the 1st 23 hybrid

Sponsored

Churaumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fiat 500
I guess the other question is if we get bumped to MY23, are those of us in Podunk, USA going to get shafted on allocations again or will they prioritize us somehow?

I don't know if the Bronco is allocated/distributed the same way as they are trying to distribute the Maverick, so I don't know if it's a good analog for what Ford's going to do with this if they don't get there by October.

Skeeter163

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
fordis talking about changes to our Mav. Like powering your house
etc. like the Lighting. In other words ruinning a good thing.
A plug in would be ok with me., but thats enough.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

According to the @fordvideoguy Ford will honor the purchase price of your 22MY. It may require adding or remove some options as they compare to the 23MY Build Configurator.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to the @fordvideoguy Ford will honor the purchase price of your 22MY. It may require adding or remove some options as they compare to the 23MY Build Configurator.
@fordvideo guiy also said that you'll be able to add MY23 stand alone options and change to a MY23 paint color at the new (increased) price.

maplefu

First Name
Maple
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MiniVan
None of the dealers said the price would be protected, and also told me that the price may still keep the same.
Sponsored