Sponsored

If I order a Maverick now in September when might I get it?

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would like to get a new Maverick in the spring of 2022. It's now September 2021, and I just read an article in which someone said they expect to receive their Maverick in the summer of 2022. Is there any accurate estimate of how long it would take to get the Mav? I guess the answer to this question is to difficult to answer, too many unknowns. But after reading that post, I'm inclined to order it now.
Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lots of unknowns like you mention. I think the biggest kicker is if you want a ecoboost or hybrid?

If you want an ecoboost you could order this Wednesday and be scheduled for a November build on Thursday.

Hybrid “should” take longer to get a build date, if all things considered stay the same.

You can order certain items; stand alone spray-in bed liner, tonneau cover(s), etc and you will be able to have your build pushed back as those items are constrained.

Lots of variables. Long winded but hope that helps.

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lots of unknowns like you mention. I think the biggest kicker is if you want a ecoboost or hybrid?

If you want an ecoboost you could order this Wednesday and be scheduled for a November build on Thursday.

Hybrid “should” take longer to get a build date, if all things considered stay the same.

You can order certain items; stand alone spray-in bed liner, tonneau cover(s), etc and you will be able to have your build pushed back as those items are constrained.

Lots of variables. Long winded but hope that helps.
Thanks, I thought as much. Say, you have the same build I want! Hybrid XLT Area 51 / Luxury / Co-pilot, rear window. The only thing different I also want the tri-fold hard cover. Maybe I'll call the dealer and see what they have to say. If I can believe them!

buckaroo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Order now and hope for 2023 delivery. (seriously) Get your price locked in because the dealers will be scalping like mad on this thing. The Maverick I predict will in time become Fords all time leading seller.

Now, we get to the real point, an article out today says the government may step in and declare under a never used rule before under the heading of national defense or something similar to that effect because they found out that certain company's are hording all the computer chips.

Obviously paying top dollar for them to hurt other manufactures. And you can guess where it's originating from, those commie rats and the greedy shareholders of America.

However unlike the Bronco fiasco the Maverick shares many of the same parts from several vehicles Ford produces.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, I thought as much. Say, you have the same build I want! Hybrid XLT Area 51 / Luxury / Co-pilot, rear window. The only thing different I also want the tri-fold hard cover. Maybe I'll call the dealer and see what they have to say. If I can believe them!
You have good taste I see! Haha.

I ordered July 15th. I’m planning a Spring 2022 delivery in my head. I’m not mad about that, you’ll see lots of people frustrated with perceived “delays.”

I think it would be safe for you to assume a Spring/Summer delivery if you order Hybrid with Lux Package tomorrow. That’s just my thinking though.

From all the stuff I’ve watched/read, and it’s A LOT!, you would be best to order the tonneau from a dealer or 3rd party and not on your order.

But again. Anything can happen. You could place an order with a delaer who has open allotments and somehow your build is pushed ahead of early orders who’s dealers are out of allotments.. It’s not a crap shoot but it’s not 100% for certain.

Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Order now and hope for 2023 delivery. (seriously) Get your price locked in because the dealers will be scalping like mad on this thing. The Maverick I predict will in time become Fords all time leading seller.

Now, we get to the real point, an article out today says the government may step in and declare under a never used rule before under the heading of national defense or something similar to that effect because they found out that certain company's are hording all the computer chips.

Obviously paying top dollar for them to hurt other manufactures. And you can guess where it's originating from, those commie rats and the greedy shareholders of America.

However unlike the Bronco fiasco the Maverick shares many of the same parts from several vehicles Ford produces.
I do hope you’re wrong on the 2023 timeline but crazier things have happened.

And you are 100% right about locking in a price. These trucks are going to dominate and we’ve already seen $5,000 markups.

jmjjr6

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would like to get a new Maverick in the spring of 2022. It's now September 2021, and I just read an article in which someone said they expect to receive their Maverick in the summer of 2022. Is there any accurate estimate of how long it would take to get the Mav? I guess the answer to this question is to difficult to answer, too many unknowns. But after reading that post, I'm inclined to order it now.
Ordered mine Aug 6. Still waiting

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have good taste I see! Haha.

I ordered July 15th. I’m planning a Spring 2022 delivery in my head. I’m not mad about that, you’ll see lots of people frustrated with perceived “delays.”

I think it would be safe for you to assume a Spring/Summer delivery if you order Hybrid with Lux Package tomorrow. That’s just my thinking though.

From all the stuff I’ve watched/read, and it’s A LOT!, you would be best to order the tonneau from a dealer or 3rd party and not on your order.

But again. Anything can happen. You could place an order with a delaer who has open allotments and somehow your build is pushed ahead of early orders who’s dealers are out of allotments.. It’s not a crap shoot but it’s not 100% for certain.

Can you tell me when you become "locked into" the purchase? I'm concerned if I circumstances changed and I no longer wanted the Maverick.

OP
OP

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered mine Aug 6. Still waiting

Can you tell me when you become "locked into" the purchase? I'm concerned if I circumstances changed and I no longer wanted the Maverick.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you place your order, agree on your price & options, and sign the DORA you are "locked in" in the sense that the truck will be built for you as you ordered it. If you do not have to give a deposit (or have a guaranteed refundable deposit ), life changes and cannot take possession at delivery the dealer will just mark it up and sell it anyway..
My dealer did not want a deposit to order, but he did tell me if I don't take it... He will have no problem selling it.

Sponsored

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
You could get scheduled this week depending on location, build, specific arrangement of the moon and stars..... Nobody really knows.

There are people with simple builds ordered back in June that have not been scheduled. But there are people with lots of options and packages that got scheduled a week after ordering...

If you need a new vehicle ASAP, I would put an order in and cross your fingers... While also looking for a plan B.

mclumber1

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 STX
You would probably get it in November. I know this because as a June orderer, people who ordered in September are being scheduled before my own!

(Sarcasm can be hard to read online at time...)

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m not locked into the purchase, nobody who ordered a Mav is as well. When the truck comes I can tell the delaer I don’t want it and walk away as if nothing ever happened.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Greetings all, I wasn't in the market until my F150 I had being stored in the states was stolen, so while I am stationed in Italy been dealing with all that. As such, I have decided to go ahead and order a Maverick (The F150 was just too big for most things I wanted to do with it in the city and I got lousy gas mileage even though it was the ecoboost). I am doing this through the Military Auto Sales program though, so I have no idea how long to expect as I have never ordered a vehicle before, let alone bought anything through MAS. Seeing this information makes me more confident in that decision to go ahead and get that order in. While it might delay it, still going to add all the goodies I want. Getting that from a dealer here is not an option, so I'll have to hope for the best.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Reality Bites: there's not a single hard data point to use on estimating when a retail buyer might see their Maverick delivered. There's 10s of thousands of orders in and confirmed completed builds in transit- but not 1 single buyer has received their truck yet.

You mention in a later post your circumstances may change and not want the Maverick after-all for some reason. That's a huge Red flag to committing to this purchase and the stress over guessing if it will arrive in time for your situation.

My advice for you- shop around for something else that gives you control over when you actually drive it home.
Sponsored

Reactions: TCK