Sponsored

Maverick, Lariat Tremor;Credit checks, and any questions you have for me.

Landen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey guys, wanted to post about production time for one of the last minute orders. I ordered on the very last day for hybrids, which was my original order. I changed my order for the tremor in December. I got a production date of 5/8/23 and then delayed to 5/17/23. On that day I checked consistently, by the end of the night, it was marked as fully built. As of right now, I'm waiting for it to be shipped as of the 18th. Be warn that I did not get an email when it was in production, only an email a day later saying that they finished it; do not panic, I guess! Is there anything I can post about that may be able to help anyone of you guys? I was very concerned about the mpg drops, so I will be adding the info I obtain about that as I figure it out--i know it is very subjective; real life has many variables. I'm hoping to bring some insight to people who know Oregon's conditions. I will be posting here and on YouTube; I had many questions that I felt many people had left unanswered. My truck price came out to about 39k. One question for you guys, how did you guys finance your vehicle? From what I read, for car loans, they give you a grace period from the first time you get a credit check for one; is that true? Thank you guys for all of the posts that have guided me throughout the maverick process.
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, typically credit checks for the same purpose (auto loan) within a window of about 30 days are consolidated insofar as how they affect your credit score. Even then it's a small amount; one of the least weighted factors in how it's calculated.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think you were wise to not check on the status of your order often - a watched pot seems to never boil!

BUT now that it has been built it will seem to take forever to arrive at your dealer. When mine was in transit, the news was all about the railroad strike, later there was a train derailment. I was almost sure that my order would fall off the truck or struck by a meteor. Amazingly, it arrived as ordered.

Regarding financing, I just happen to be the owner of a major financial institution namely Navy Federal Credit Union. I own $5 of that sucker. When I bought my EcoBoost off the lot, the dealer financed it through a bank at 8%. Two months later, I went to Navy Federal, they gave me 3.9% and after I made several payments on time, they slid $200 into my savings account. Sweet!

Our Hybrid is financed through Ford Credit.

When I pay extra on the Navy Federal loan, they move the due date forward, so my next payment is now due in January. At Ford Credit, the extra principal does not move the next payment due date. Not as cool. Ford Credit's web site is also not as cool.

Since I am very wealthy, I also own $5 worth of PenFed Credit Union which offered me a similar deal. I think their membership is available to anyone, while Navy Federal has restrictions.

Good Luck with your new Tremor! Mavericks are awesome.

OP
OP
Landen

Landen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you Darnon and Chicolini! I appreciate the information; now I know where to start 😃

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you were wise to not check on the status of your order often - a watched pot seems to never boil!

BUT now that it has been built it will seem to take forever to arrive at your dealer. When mine was in transit, the news was all about the railroad strike, later there was a train derailment. I was almost sure that my order would fall off the truck or struck by a meteor. Amazingly, it arrived as ordered.

Regarding financing, I just happen to be the owner of a major financial institution namely Navy Federal Credit Union. I own $5 of that sucker. When I bought my EcoBoost off the lot, the dealer financed it through a bank at 8%. Two months later, I went to Navy Federal, they gave me 3.9% and after I made several payments on time, they slid $200 into my savings account. Sweet!

Our Hybrid is financed through Ford Credit.

When I pay extra on the Navy Federal loan, they move the due date forward, so my next payment is now due in January. At Ford Credit, the extra principal does not move the next payment due date. Not as cool. Ford Credit's web site is also not as cool.

Since I am very wealthy, I also own $5 worth of PenFed Credit Union which offered me a similar deal. I think their membership is available to anyone, while Navy Federal has restrictions.

Good Luck with your new Tremor! Mavericks are awesome.
LMAO. When I can save the needed amount of $5, I would like to own one as well, but in today's economy, it might just turn out to be a dream. GREAT post. We need a good laugh once in a while.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We are just about to finish our paper work from Granger. Actually the paperwork is done we just have to go to the bank on tomorrow and set up the wire transfer for down payment. Our XLTremor came out to $29.6k. Our down payment is $3000. Apparently Ford is being slow with the rollover rebate, so Granger said they will be getting us a check for that later. Next week they are gonna mail us a odometer paper to sign and the documents we need to get plates. Then it goes into a storage unit until we pick it up on the 19th of June.

Also my truck took 13 days from its final production date to delivery at Granger. In production was 3 days. And our ARE MX topper took 25 days to be delivered to Iowa.

OP
OP
Landen

Landen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Five dollars is five dollars 💵. Appreciate your experience, sounds like granger is doing right by you? And I'm assuming your top was in the 3k+range, Maverickman74? I can't believe how much the toppers are costing.

MaveLick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM REBEL (Soon to be Maverick)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From what I read, for car loans, they give you a grace period from the first time you get a credit check for one; is that true? Thank you guys for all of the posts that have guided me throughout the maverick process.
When a dealer checked my credit through Ford credit and the dealer credit on the same day, both showed up on my credit report and they were counted as two credit checks per credit card scoring system.

MaveLick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM REBEL (Soon to be Maverick)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apparently Ford is being slow with the rollover rebate, so Granger said they will be getting us a check for that later.
I thought that the transitional rebates ($1750 or $2250?) will not work with Tremor.

I did not see your beautiful Tremor when I picked up my Maverick last week but I saw Bronco after Bronco after Bronco.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I thought that the transitional rebates ($1750 or $2250?) will not work with Tremor.

I did not see your beautiful Tremor when I picked up my Maverick last week but I saw Bronco after Bronco after Bronco.
Well ive heard it both ways from them, so im just crossing my fingers lol.
Sponsored