Sponsored

I have a build date for my Maverick, but I don't want it anymore....

BoskoPColtrane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bosko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are my options upon delivery of my maverick? It's an XLT hybrid with co pilot 360. I have decided I would rather just keep my f-150. Will the dealership be able to make me an offer if I decline the order so that they can sell it on the lot for more money? Or would I be able to buy it and just go trade it in at another dealership to make some profit (if so, how much profit are we talking after I have to pay tax, title, and license)?

Also, if I have a relative who is interested in it, can I just transfer the order to them? Or would I have to buy it and then sell it to them?
If you don’t buy it, it belongs to the dealer to mark up way over MSRP. Dealers love it when this happens. Other people who are waiting to get a Maverick don’t.
Sponsored

Cyberwiz64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL Atlas Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you buy it you will have to pay the sales tax upfront but when you sell it you should get that refunded to you.

OP
OP

Lonnied94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, but interested in For Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you buy it you will have to pay the sales tax upfront but when you sell it you should get that refunded to you.
I thought the sales tax was final. If I buy it and then go to another dealer, they will just pay me trade in value, correct?

Cyberwiz64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL Atlas Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That can vary from state to state but when I have traded in a vehicle I received some of the sales tax back. The original purchaser paid the full sales tax on the vehicle. If the vehicle is resold, the state does charges sales tax on the next purchase but the seller should get that portion of the sales tax back because the state is going to get that on the resale.

RobertD

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick XLT FX4 - 4K - 360; 23 F150 KR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you put a deposit down on the order? If you do not buy the truck you could loose the deposit.

The dealer will not likely pay you yo not take it.

You can buy it and take the risk of reselling it. The market could go up or down.

Letting a relative buy it should be OK with the dealer.

Sponsored

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought the sales tax was final. If I buy it and then go to another dealer, they will just pay me trade in value, correct?
The sales tax is final. I think the previous poster meant that you'll be able to recoup it when you sell the Maverick. As others have noted, you'll likely do better selling it on Carvana, CarMax, or one of the others that are out there.

If you trade it in, the trade-in value will reduce your tax on the new vehicle in most states but you'll still be paying some additional tax.

OP
OP

Lonnied94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, but interested in For Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The sales tax is final. I think the previous poster meant that you'll be able to recoup it when you sell the Maverick. As others have noted, you'll likely do better selling it on Carvana, CarMax, or one of the others that are out there.

If you trade it in, the trade-in value will reduce your tax on the new vehicle in most states but you'll still be paying some additional tax.
I will only have to pay sales tax when I buy it from my dealer though, correct? When selling it to Carvana I should get the full amount they offer without paying in additional taxes for selling?

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will only have to pay sales tax when I buy it from my dealer though, correct? When selling it to Carvana I should get the full amount they offer without paying in additional taxes for selling?
A seller doesn't have to pay any tax, except maybe capital gains tax later on.

DarrenDizz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man I was told I could back out of my order, no questioned asked. I ordered a 2024 Maverick XLT Luxury/Tremor and they said they would take the order if I didn’t as they could sell it no problem, and I could have my deposit back.

DoubleXL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When i ordered mine in "you got a purdy mouth" canada there was no commitment to buy.

I almost didnt buy mine, but then test drove it.

Sponsored

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sales tax 7%. No refund. Excise tax (yes, in addition to sales tax), registration, plates, wheel tax. Yes it varies state by state.

clos0791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Alto Blue AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What are my options upon delivery of my maverick? It's an XLT hybrid with co pilot 360. I have decided I would rather just keep my f-150. Will the dealership be able to make me an offer if I decline the order so that they can sell it on the lot for more money? Or would I be able to buy it and just go trade it in at another dealership to make some profit (if so, how much profit are we talking after I have to pay tax, title, and license)?

Also, if I have a relative who is interested in it, can I just transfer the order to them? Or would I have to buy it and then sell it to them?
I'm in the same situation. Have a build date later this month. However, its a 2024 Ecoboost XLT Lux pkg, AWD, both co-pilot, moonroof, SIBL, Black Appearance pkg, etc...almost every available option in red color. I'm debating if I will take delivery and try to sell it to a family member, etc.. It seems too much of a hassle though. I ordered this truck over a year and a half ago and it got converted to a 2024. I actually gave up that it would ever be built. No communication from Ford or the dealer for over a year and then suddenly, "hey your truck is scheduled".

I already have a 2023 Eco Lariat AWD fully loaded in Alto Blue that came in way sooner this year and keeping it.

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my fairly well loaded 2022 Lariat in June 2021 when the order banks first opened. I got the refund from the dealer between the price we agreed to (under msrp because no one knew at that time how valuable these trucks would become) and the sticker price they actually would sell it for. 16 months later I got the truck and it was selling at most places for over $7000 what I paid for it (after refund) - it is a hybrid. I decided to buy it rather than walk away and give it to the dealer, drive it home, put it in the garage and sell it for an easy profit.

I drove this truck for a couple weeks and was so impressed with it I kept it, even though I had already purchased a 2022 Ridgeline 8 months earlier because I got tired of waiting for the Maverick to come in. I think once you drive this truck around a bit you will not want to sell it.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This has been asked many times on this forum. Bottom line, You have to own it before you can sell it, or transfer to your relative. The truck belongs to the dealer until you buy it. It's not worth trying to make money by cutting out the dealer. Remember, to own it, you have to pay cash, that includes taxes, regisration, dealer fees, etc. (Can't finance it) all to make 2-5K, and the next owner is buying a used truck. Good luck with your decision.
Sponsored