Sponsored

I got skipped? Order code given to someone else..

Jwaz68

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Tremor AWD, 2020 Nissan Kicks SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It also sounds like the dealer didn't officially put in the COVP. All the orders the GM mentioned were probably canceled on June 5th.
Sponsored

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Before my '22 rolled over to to a '23 I made sure that my dealer did not already have a duplicate '23 order number matching my '22 order number.

Ford assigned my new '23 order a priority of 19.
My dealer change it to a 10 in a just few minutes while I was there.

The dealers have control of priority codes down to 10.
Ford takes over from there.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just an update.

After this whole mess, my order stopped giving ford any results back on my maverick. Two weeks were spent between calls with ford, my dealer, their GM, the district manager and some inventory dude. My order was found on the second week and i was told it only needed me to drop the incentive they had given for the cargo management to get built so i said go ahead and drop it. Two days later no answers from anyone. Call ford, still no information. So i finally get a call from the dealership last Friday.

After all this waiting, my maverick order was cancelled due to “a change that i made two weeks ago” so they could never do anything else or drop the cargo management thing. I know I hadn’t done any changes so i told them to tell me what change i made. They could not say. I headed over there because the general manager seemed to hide any time i wanted to speak with him. He apologized and said that the first hybrid that comes in that the owner no longer wants would be mine and at any point i could get my security deposit back. Even still, he wasn’t sure if the order was actually officially cancelled. He said the dealers system and ford’s system don’t talk so he had a lot of orders cancelled for no reason so they’re still trying to figure out what happened and if it was cancelled, why?

After all this BS.. i’m okay without a maverick and getting my money back. As i’ve read here, having one and god forbid something breaks it’ll be the same headache. Or recalls, etc.

I went to a toyota and for slightly more than my mav would’ve been, i got a brand new rav4 with all bells and whistles i couldn’t really afford on the maverick. Sucks that it’s not my Barbie truck i wanted but. I’m done with Ford and all this mess.
GOOD MOVE. If/When my Ford arrives, I have decided to NOT trade in my 2017 RAV4. Figure I need at least ONE car that I can depend on when the Mav pukes on itself.
Sponsored