Titus-Will Ford in Tacoma sold my truck to someone else

SofieOffRoad

First Name
Sofie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Ordered a Maverick XLT FX4 in early January from Titus-Will Ford in Tacoma, WA. I got an email today from Ford saying it had been delivered. When I called the dealer they told me they had sold it to someone else.

I called Ford to file a complaint. But the truck has already been driven off their lot, so I doubt there's anything Ford is going to be able to do.

The general manager tried to tell me that he was confused about my order. But i know they probably charged whoever they sold it to an additional $5k. The Gen Manager had signed my original order and promised me MSRP. And in January when I ordered he had joked about how much he could mark up a Maverick if he had one "on the lot."

This is possibly the worst I've ever been treated by a Ford Dealer. The worst part is that my partner and I had ordered two different vehicles from this dealer and now we don't want the second car simply because I don't want to deal with these people ever again.
Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's extremely bad. Destroy this dealership online any way you can until they make it right. Absolutely don't blame you + partner for wanting to pass on the other order, though they'll probably try to sell that second Mav out from under you too.

OP
OP
SofieOffRoad

SofieOffRoad

First Name
Sofie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
If I don't take it the dealer will simply take our other car, mark it up, and make more money off someone else.

When I called the dealer today to ask about my Maverick the salesman actually said, "I'm selling it to someone else, he's here now." WTF

Transplant

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is awful and further confirms that dealers are still as shady as ever and Ford has absolutely zero control over the Maverick ordering and purchasing processes. We can help the OP out by commenting to keep this thread at the top of the page until that Ford Account takes notice of it and chimes in to ask for more info.

buccad

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2019 VW Atlas
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You should file a formal complaint with the Washington DOL. You can also file a complaint with your state Attorney General's office, the BBB, and blow them up on Google reviews and other dealer review sites.

That's the slimiest car dealer I've ever heard of, and you should definitely be entitled to some compensation since the dealer is legally required to only release the order to the person named on the order, but you also had a signed purchase agreement.

Light them up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SofieOffRoad

SofieOffRoad

First Name
Sofie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
You should file a formal complaint with the Washington DOL. You can also file a complaint with your state Attorney General's office, the BBB, and blow them up on Google reviews and other dealer review sites.

That's the slimiest car dealer I've ever heard of, and you should definitely be entitled to some compensation since the dealer is legally required to only release the order to the person named on the order, but you also had a signed purchase agreement.

Light them up.
I know... that's what my partner said. But I really don't want to spend any more energy on this. I ordered this car 5 months ago. I'm not going to get a Maverick from them. They don't have another FX4 sitting on their lot... and neither does any other dealer. So there won't be any solution, just more of me having to deal with this. I filed a complaint with Ford, and if Ford does anything it will likely take future allocations from the dealer. That's all they can do. When I mentioned that to the General Manager he changed his tune and asked me not to contact Ford and that he would "put me on a list" in case someone cancelled a future Maverick order.

I really don't want to deal with these people any more

Last edited:

Vongreg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Camry, chevy 2500 HD, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bump for you. Let us know if Ford jumps up to the plate for you as buccard said they can’t release an ordered vehicle to someone else without you walking away from you. Bet when all is said and done the GM ends up looking for another job. At least if I was the owner he would be. If I was Ford I would pull the Stealership (pun intende) from the Ford Brand. I know Ford said they were looking into Crain Ford in Arkansas for bumping the price on an ordered Maverick. This is way worse.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really don't want to deal with these people any more
Unfortunately, that is why they will get away with it with your partner's truck and any other person's truck who ordered one from them. Make it a crusade for the next guy! Don't just fold...
Sponsored