First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had ordered a 2000 ford F-150 Lariat from a local dealer. One day I was driving by the dealership and saw it on the lot. The following Monday I stopped by the dealership and they told me it was never on the lot. They had sold it to somebody else probably for more money and reordered mine. Just had to wait twice as long to get it.
Sponsored

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’m close to having my Mav delivered. I’m terrified of a $5k ADM. I will consider walking away. But I am a vengeful sob. I will make a sign and walk across the dealers driveway entrance as often as possible. Negative reviews on every social media site, every review site. Waited 9 months for delivery , many calls to the dealership. A signed by me order sheet. If the ADM me I will be pissed.
I agree with this post I cant let them get away with this, I have a full page of things am going to do if something goes wrong with my deal , I didn't wait 7 months for nothing, am going to fight back, if I have to stand outside the dealer on a public sidewalk with a sign I will its perfectly legal. I thought the dealer had to show cause why they sold a ordered vehicle and a email or written permission from person who ordered it to sell it. I hope theres not more to this story. Could they have forged your name on something.

Nighthawk-1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
knighthawk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should file a formal complaint with the Washington DOL. You can also file a complaint with your state Attorney General's office, the BBB, and blow them up on Google reviews and other dealer review sites.

That's the slimiest car dealer I've ever heard of, and you should definitely be entitled to some compensation since the dealer is legally required to only release the order to the person named on the order, but you also had a signed purchase agreement.

Light them up.

Aerohead

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aerohead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37S, XLR, 74 G10, 2019 Connect Cargo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A few years ago I bought a 2019 Transit Connect and had it shipped across country to Washington state. One of the reasons I bought it was that the window sticker said it was fully loaded including AAC. After I received it it did not have the ACC option what was listed for $800 on Ford’s window sticker. Ford’s view, we just build them we don’t sell them. The dealers view, we just sell them we don’t print the window sticker. If it wasn’t for the fact that this Maverick is so unique and just what I’m looking for I’d never even consider another Ford.

Demoguy1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know... that's what my partner said. But I really don't want to spend any more energy on this. I ordered this car 5 months ago. I'm not going to get a Maverick from them. They don't have another FX4 sitting on their lot... and neither does any other dealer. So there won't be any solution, just more of me having to deal with this. I filed a complaint with Ford, and if Ford does anything it will likely take future allocations from the dealer. That's all they can do. When I mentioned that to the General Manager he changed his tune and asked me not to contact Ford and that he would "put me on a list" in case someone cancelled a future Maverick order.

I really don't want to deal with these people any more
Letting them off the hook means they'll continue to screw future customers.

Sponsored

whighammaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid Only
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ordered a Maverick XLT FX4 in early January from Titus-Will Ford in Tacoma, WA. I got an email today from Ford saying it had been delivered. When I called the dealer they told me they had sold it to someone else.

I called Ford to file a complaint. But the truck has already been driven off their lot, so I doubt there's anything Ford is going to be able to do.

The general manager tried to tell me that he was confused about my order. But i know they probably charged whoever they sold it to an additional $5k. The Gen Manager had signed my original order and promised me MSRP. And in January when I ordered he had joked about how much he could mark up a Maverick if he had one "on the lot."

This is possibly the worst I've ever been treated by a Ford Dealer. The worst part is that my partner and I had ordered two different vehicles from this dealer and now we don't want the second car simply because I don't want to deal with these people ever again.
Ordered a Maverick XLT FX4 in early January from Titus-Will Ford in Tacoma, WA. I got an email today from Ford saying it had been delivered. When I called the dealer they told me they had sold it to someone else.

I called Ford to file a complaint. But the truck has already been driven off their lot, so I doubt there's anything Ford is going to be able to do.

The general manager tried to tell me that he was confused about my order. But i know they probably charged whoever they sold it to an additional $5k. The Gen Manager had signed my original order and promised me MSRP. And in January when I ordered he had joked about how much he could mark up a Maverick if he had one "on the lot."

This is possibly the worst I've ever been treated by a Ford Dealer. The worst part is that my partner and I had ordered two different vehicles from this dealer and now we don't want the second car simply because I don't want to deal with these people ever again.
I would find another truck like or close to it and make them buy it for you and they eat whatever mark up. Get your lawyer to call them.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They have a pretty strong out in that they were contacted by the OP to cancel an order before this ever came in to take delivery. The fact that they said they were working with the OP in the comments and they haven't updated me makes me wonder what they offered? Knocking a few grand off the one they tried to cancel maybe? Finding them another one at a discount? Just curiosity what they are trying to do or offered to do.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately this is Washington State where no one is ever prosecuted or jailed. The bad guys get the ultimate protection while the victims gets rolled under the bus.
I've seen reports of similar things from many different states.

Two I remember in particular that caused a lot of discussion on the forum were from Texas (a young soldier that got fleeced) and Florida (I think that may have been @GreenLady).

Doesn't sound to me like Washington is any different from anywhere else.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Letting them off the hook means they'll continue to screw future customers.
A wise person knows that the leopard will not change his spots.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
True, other States do have incidents of unfair justice. But no other State allows rioters to claim downtown (Seattle) for two week without repercussion. Where is Judge Roy Bean when you need him :unsure: . And human dumping on the sidewalks, another story. Otherwise Washington is a beautiful State to visit.
Sorry, my mistake.

I thought your post had something to do with the OP's problem with her Ford dealer.

It seemed like you were suggesting that it was related to the governance in Washington state. (That's why I posted about similar problems occurring in other states with very different politics -- because I think it's the car dealers that are the problem.)

Now I realize you just needed to express your feelings about the riots in Seattle in 2020.

Carry on...

Burch20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where are these reviews? I have seen the OP posts on at least three different sites but no company responses. I am wanting to keep a close eye as mine is about to hit their lot and it is not even a vehicle they had any hand in ordering. Has me absolutely terrified until I get the keys and want to see where it is they are the most active. Especially since one of the salespeople the OP called out was one I was supposed to deal with on this (Tanya Johnson). Going to bring this to the attention of Military Auto Sales as well.
I'd love to know how this goes. Waiting for my truck to be delivered to D.C. from MAS. Also, when did you order?
Sponsored