First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe OP wants a cheap car as a cheap as possible ala the XL trim and they don't want a cheap truck in a tuxedo ala Lariat trim.:ROFLMAO:
That applies to the F150 as well
Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In New Jersey, we have a lot of the opposite. People buy way over-priced houses on small pieces of land for $500,$600, $700,000 and make very nice incomes but between the mortgage and highest property tax rates in the country plus a state income tax, there is nothing left at the end of the month for higher priced new cars. We call them “house poor.”

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Expensive is relative. A fully loaded AWD Lariat is roughly $36000. That is a lot of money for a lot of people, me included. It doesn't really matter that it is on the lower end of the spectrum for new car prices, it is still a lot more expensive than an AWD XL.
Flat out, I would be driving my 2012 Colorado into the ground if the Maverick wasn’t $20,000 and a hybrid.

iwantmymav

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Who cares what the OP decides to keep, it's their choice. Enjoy your new ride no matter which one you choose.

Sponsored

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just based on what I've seen them sell for, the XLs seems to have more of a profit margin than the Lariats. I see XLs going for $15-$20k over, basically double, while Lariats have gone for about $10k over. Would be a wash.
So basically people are paying the same regardless of which package they get? :ROFLMAO:

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So basically people are paying the same regardless of which package they get? :ROFLMAO:
Just about. Why get a basic XL for $38k when you can get a full loaded lariat for $41k

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That applies to the F150 as well
Sir didn't you know that logic ONLY applies to the Maverick and no other model car in existence?!!?!

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Expensive is relative. A fully loaded AWD Lariat is roughly $36000. That is a lot of money for a lot of people, me included. It doesn't really matter that it is on the lower end of the spectrum for new car prices, it is still a lot more expensive than an AWD XL.
I agree expensive is relative, and I would never normally get a fully loaded vehicle, but the way to used car market is, I can trade my Rav4 in for basically what I paid for it 4 years ago, have a fully loaded new truck with a lower car payment and less years to pay it off. One of the rare times I can afford to splurge. That and having the second Maverick in my pocket to sell offsets it more. I was almost considering selling both and putting the money towards an order on a new Bronco and would probably only be out of pocket like $15k. Of course, I would be waiting another year or two for the Bronco.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just based on what I've seen them sell for, the XLs seems to have more of a profit margin than the Lariats. I see XLs going for $15-$20k over, basically double, while Lariats have gone for about $10k over. Would be a wash.
I would strongly suggest the OP look into this when the XL comes in. It could very well end up being that they could keep the lariat trim truck for essentially several thousand. The Lariat by contrast may only fetch what it cost after TTL on trade.

If they can flip the XL for $8k profit, that cuts the actual cost of the lariat trim in half, and it will likely retain its value for the longer term. I.E. an XL might fetch $30K now, but 2-3 years from now it'll be $15K. The Lariat is likely going to pull $35-38K now, but in a few years it would likely still be a $25K+ truck on trade.

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would strongly suggest the OP look into this when the XL comes in. It could very well end up being that they could keep the lariat trim truck for essentially several thousand. The Lariat by contrast may only fetch what it cost after TTL on trade.

If they can flip the XL for $8k profit, that cuts the actual cost of the lariat trim in half, and it will likely retain its value for the longer term. I.E. an XL might fetch $30K now, but 2-3 years from now it'll be $15K. The Lariat is likely going to pull $35-38K now, but in a few years it would likely still be a $25K+ truck on trade.
Exactly. Unless the OP really doesn't like the interior of the Lariat. I have found several XLs available recently, and have passed them up, but thought about buying it and then just flipping it when mine comes in.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Some people live in well kept, nice houses and cheap drive base trucks.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I find it so very interesting when people say they would never buy a fully loaded vehicle
I’d prefer to say I’d only buy the amount of vehicle I need
There is nothing wrong with a top of the line _____.
Of course you pay a premium for the top trim, sometimes it makes sense (Honda Accord), sometimes it’s overkill (F150 Limited)

So many people on here are so focused on not spending money

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sir didn't you know that logic ONLY applies to the Maverick and no other model car in existence?!!?!
I had no idea. Everyone alls the Mav a cheap truck. A base 150 looks cheap too.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'd agree that the more base vehicles net the highest resale profit. I had this happen when I flipped a couple of Bronco Sports last year. The Outer Banks which was mostly standard equipment netted me far more $$ than the BS Badlands which was loaded. When I sold the OBX and bought the Badlands (both bought at MSRP), the sale of the OBX virtually paid for the Badlands which listed for more than $6k more. I was very happy, got a loaded Badlands for the price of a OBX. I would later flip the BL when I got a Bronco, sold for more but nothing like the OBX.

Sell the XL which will probably get you the most bang for your $$ and keep the Lariat, probably just about pay for it.
Sponsored