First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FWIW Ashleigh at Granger outlined their final prep process and I would think they would contact you about any issues caused in transit. I know they have to repair any issues before they can sell it to you, so maybe reach out to your salesperson to see if they disclose those issues to the customer before accepting it into inventory to sell to you? Not sure what Iowa law says they have to do in that instance, but I'm sure they've had that situation come up before. One would think they have to disclose damage during transit. Fingers crossed it's just the keystone cops like you said, and everything is all good.
I am going to call Granger on monday morning and find out what's going on. I was hoping to get all this done on my 6 days off. I'm supposed to go back on shift tuesday. Next weekend off I have a fully booked schedule including people that have to jack and level the slab of my house. We had a dry summer and even with soaker hoses the corners dropped, and mortar joints cracked. Now it has to get jacked and have steel piers pushed under it. This will wipe out 4 days of my next 6 days off since I have to be here for it, or i shove it back another 2 weeks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
TTGX996020 my mav is riding the rail....don't know where it is, but I guess it is on this car. Anyone else on the ride with me?
I'm cruising on TTGX158321. My estimated date is the 13th-19th, so I'll probably wait until that week to check on it again.

OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am going to call Granger on monday morning and find out what's going on. I was hoping to get all this done on my 6 days off. I'm supposed to go back on shift tuesday. Next weekend off I have a fully booked schedule including people that have to jack and level the slab of my house. We had a dry summer and even with soaker hoses the corners dropped, and mortar joints cracked. Now it has to get jacked and have steel piers pushed under it. This will wipe out 4 days of my next 6 days off since I have to be here for it, or i shove it back another 2 weeks.
Edit to the previous post:

Found what looks to be the law on disclosure of repairs to new vehicles in Iowa here:

https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/code/321.69A.pdf

Sounds like they aren't required to disclose if the cost of repairs is 4% or less (section 2), but they must disclose on request from the customer (section 3).

Bummer about your slab!
My neighbor had his main drain back up last week and found out when the plumbers got there his house had shifted about 2 inches and crushed the main drain. So he's looking at foundation jacks and then they jackhammer his garage and redo the sewage.
Hope your week turns around!

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you. I hope this thing doesnt keep getting pushed back. Theres others who have had their trucks come off the train days after mine and already got shipped to Granger, yet mine still sits at ramp 6P. Effing keystone cops running the show there. I'm starting to get concerned now. There was nothing holding it on restriction. This begs the question, did it get damaged in transit, and nobody wants to say anything. Kind of a shhh, shhh, just fix it sort of thing

Heres the thing, I am really really good at spotting shoddy body work, paint ripple that doesnt match, and colors that dont quite match. I worked for several years in the auto body industry, know how to paint cars, and what to look for. I also did damage estimates on Ford motor fleet lease rental buybacks. I know what to look for. I can see it at a casual glance when a car rolls up next to me at a traffic light. Then I shake my head, and say to myself, wow, you actually accepted your vehicle with a crap repair and crap paint job on it lol.

I will probably walk around this truck 2 or 3 times looking for overspray on chassis parts, and in jamb areas, as well as telltale ripple mismatch in the shine, and color mismatch. Bumper covers and plastic parts always have a slight color mismatch, so that's not suspect, but the metal parts should not mismatch at all.
are you speculating or have you confirmed this with Granger?

Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
keep us posted. Mine is about to be built soon and would hope that everything will be ok.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm cruising on TTGX158321. My estimated date is the 13th-19th, so I'll probably wait until that week to check on it again.
I bet yours makes it to Granger before mine does. Either that or the black hole in the KC MO railyard will swallow yours up too.
are you speculating or have you confirmed this with Granger?
I am speculating. So far there have been Granger bound trucks unloaded on the 20, 22, 23rd that went to ramp 6p where mine was unloaded to on the 19th. These trucks were other maverick club members trucks, and have already been shipped to Granger and been picked up while mine sits. So its either one of 3 things

1. It was damaged in shipping
2. Its waiting on parts
3. Incompetence at the transfer yard

I am gonna line out #2 because nothing on my order was on restriction, therefore it isnt waiting on parts.

That leaves only 1, and 3, and at this point in time, I am hoping it's just incompetence.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bet yours makes it to Granger before mine does. Either that or the black hole in the KC MO railyard will swallow yours up too.

I am speculating. So far there have been Granger bound trucks unloaded on the 20, 22, 23rd that went to ramp 6p where mine was unloaded to on the 19th. These trucks were other maverick club members trucks, and have already been shipped to Granger and been picked up while mine sits. So its either one of 3 things

1. It was damaged in shipping
2. Its waiting on parts
3. Incompetence at the transfer yard

I am gonna line out #2 because nothing on my order was on restriction, therefore it isnt waiting on parts.

That leaves only 1, and 3
there's a 4th possibility that it could have been stolen off the yard. Just a small chance.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
there's a 4th possibility that it could have been stolen off the yard. Just a small chance.
Please dont say that. What does Ford do in that case? There was a rail yard in michigan where they stole several mavericks, a bronco and a mustang GT 500 about 6 months ago. Do they tell you so sorry, reorder it and wait another year? Or do they prioritize your build asap to get it to you. I'm betting the first one. Reorder and wait another year. I swear this is like ordering a car in the old soviet union. Wait 5 years, if it's not the color you wanted well too bad.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please dont say that. What does Ford do in that case? There was a rail yard in michigan where they stole several mavericks, a bronco and a mustang GT 500 about 6 months ago. Do they tell you so sorry, reorder it and wait another year? Or do they prioritize your build asap to get it to you. I'm betting the first one. Reorder and wait another year. I swear this is like ordering a car in the old soviet union. Wait 5 years, if it's not the color you wanted well too bad.
Bit of a gray area exactly how it would pan out here only because 22 scheduling is essentially over with 23 scheduling starting soon, and 23 retail order banks closed. In general, Ford would prioritize a replacement order. The dealer would probably need to work with their Ford reps to get a new retail order through (with order banks closed) and properly prioritize it. Would be built no sooner than the next week currently being scheduled, so long as constraints allow.

All of this is really getting ahead of yourself, though, until you find out why yours apparently hasn't been forwarded onward from that rail staging yard.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you fly from TPA or PIE. Booking mine now TPA doesnt have any direct but PIE does, however it's Allegiant o_O
I am sorry for this late delay!! I was busy prepping to survive Ian, the great - the Hurricane... and then restoring all the items I had to move off my back pool deck so that the items did not become airborne missile objects!! Have you booked yet? The best flights I found were Southwest (but I had some credits to burn and flight points) connecting from TPA to St Louis STL then to Des Moines DSM - my trip from there was to drive to Sugar Grove IL and spend time with my oldest son, wife and 2 g children... it was a really nice trip - then I drove to St Louis and delivered the truck to my middles son. He has had non-stop compliments ever since...
Sponsored