baodotcom

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Edit: Nogales, AZ
Didn't see that before lol. I'm sure I'm a few weeks out looks like it just rolled over the border.
Based on one of the trucks that I am tracking, it took three weeks from the time it reached that train yard in AZ to getting to Granger.
Sponsored

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my "Shipped" email this am...how can I track it in the train process? Everything I check out, doesn't allow me to see anything. Thanks!

Ford Maverick I Got It At Granger for $3k Off Thread mavbuiltgrangeremail

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my "Shipped" email this am...how can I track it in the train process? Everything I check out, doesn't allow me to see anything. Thanks!

mavbuiltgrangeremail.png
You have to get the railcar number from Granger.
There’s a thread with railcar tracking numbers, but make sure you’re only using the automated service.

OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

mavbuiltgrangeremail.png
Granger sent me what they see when they're tracking when I reached out for an update today.

Ford Maverick I Got It At Granger for $3k Off Thread 1664296798430

IwannaMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL Ecoboost Fwd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I finally made it to "built" status. Stayed in production for 12 days. Missed my scheduled build week (9/19)and was built on my original build week of (9/26). Now just waiting to hop a train north.

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford now pushed it back to Oct 6th ! Keystone cops running the vehicle yard. According to Norfolk Southern, the rail car it was on was unloaded on the 19th.

Sponsored

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
TTGX996020 my mav is riding the rail....don't know where it is, but I guess it is on this car. Anyone else on the ride with me?

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Barracuda340 we're rooting for you this week (y)
Thank you. I hope this thing doesnt keep getting pushed back. Theres others who have had their trucks come off the train days after mine and already got shipped to Granger, yet mine still sits at ramp 6P. Effing keystone cops running the show there. I'm starting to get concerned now. There was nothing holding it on restriction. This begs the question, did it get damaged in transit, and nobody wants to say anything. Kind of a shhh, shhh, just fix it sort of thing

Heres the thing, I am really really good at spotting shoddy body work, paint ripple that doesnt match, and colors that dont quite match. I worked for several years in the auto body industry, know how to paint cars, and what to look for. I also did damage estimates on Ford motor fleet lease rental buybacks. I know what to look for. I can see it at a casual glance when a car rolls up next to me at a traffic light. Then I shake my head, and say to myself, wow, you actually accepted your vehicle with a crap repair and crap paint job on it lol.

I will probably walk around this truck 2 or 3 times looking for overspray on chassis parts, and in jamb areas, as well as telltale ripple mismatch in the shine, and color mismatch. Bumper covers and plastic parts always have a slight color mismatch, so that's not suspect, but the metal parts should not mismatch at all.

Last edited:

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Mav is currently riding the rails on TTGX158321 and Granger showed me the status of 'In Transit' received at Junction Point (Union Pacific Railroad).

Not sure what this means for my timeframe...anyone else been tracking the same journey?
I did my truck is at granger in final prep my tracking was on point, keep an eye on your ford tracker once it goes to final prep they have the truck

OP
OP
athertonbt

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you. I hope this thing doesnt keep getting pushed back. Theres others who have had their trucks come off the train days after mine and already got shipped to Granger, yet mine still sits at ramp 6P. Effing keystone cops running the show there. I'm starting to get concerned now. There was nothing holding it on restriction. This begs the question, did it get damaged in transit, and nobody wants to say anything. Kind of a shhh, shhh, just fix it sort of thing

Heres the thing, I am really really good at spotting shoddy body work, paint ripple that doesnt match, and colors that dont quite match. I worked for several years in the auto body industry, know how to paint cars, and what to look for. I also did damage estimates on Ford motor fleet lease rental buybacks. I know what to look for. I can see it at a casual glance when a car rolls up next to me at a traffic light. Then I shake my head, and say to myself, wow, you actually accepted your vehicle with a crap repair and crap paint job on it lol.

I will probably walk around this truck 2 or 3 times looking for overspray on chassis parts, and in jamb areas, as well as telltale ripple mismatch in the shine, and color mismatch. Bumper covers and plastic parts always have a slight color mismatch, so that's not suspect, but the metal parts should not mismatch at all.
Edit:
Found what looks to be the law on disclosure of repairs to new vehicles in Iowa here:

https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/code/321.69A.pdf

Sounds like they aren't required to disclose if the cost of repairs is 4% or less (section 2), but they must disclose on request from the customer (section 3).

FWIW Ashleigh at Granger outlined their final prep process and I would think they would contact you about any issues caused in transit. I know they have to repair any issues before they can sell it to you, so maybe reach out to your salesperson to see if they disclose those issues to the customer before accepting it into inventory to sell to you? Not sure what Iowa law says they have to do in that instance, but I'm sure they've had that situation come up before. It looks like a damage disclosure statement would be required before they could issue title in Iowa, but not sure if that applies to damage during transit, or only applies to salvage/flood titles, etc. Fingers crossed it's just the keystone cops like you said, and everything is all good. Luckily, you have a lot of experience, and you can protect your purchase that way as well.
Sponsored

Last edited: