First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
what? Why would anyone play games while driving? Also AA and CP would prevent you from doing so. So...
Not wanting to play games while driving is the precise reason they might choose to NOT open an ap labeled car play.😂
Sponsored

FordTough

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Han
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When people mention mounts can you please share the actual name and where you got it?

My 2016 Subaru was wireless so it's odd this 2023 truck isn't.

I find I have to use my phone to put in destinations b.c. carplay doesn't seem to work well at all for searching. Same goes for searching for music. It's just much easier on the phone in my experience. Texting, navigation and music control once things are entered and running is great. Maybe I need to try to use carplay again but it wasn't finding even basic destinations so I just switched to the phone to search. At least the chord doesn't have a gear shift to get wrapped around. I love the chord routed up into the cubby!

Why aren't all modern cars wireless with wireless charging? This is not expensive tech but a pain to rig up later.

MAVERICK8011

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.yahoo.com
Vehicle(s)
Maveruck
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why are you mounting your phone at all? Mavericks have Android Auto and Apple Car Play which allows the driver to do all the phone tasks on the built in dash screen in a driver friendly format. Mounting the phone is unnecessary.
I agree. my phone is in my side pocket. I never pull it out I use Android Auto also. no phone in hand. Safe driving.

Ballbearing

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When people mention mounts can you please share the actual name and where you got it?

My 2016 Subaru was wireless so it's odd this 2023 truck isn't.

I find I have to use my phone to put in destinations b.c. carplay doesn't seem to work well at all for searching. Same goes for searching for music. It's just much easier on the phone in my experience. Texting, navigation and music control once things are entered and running is great. Maybe I need to try to use carplay again but it wasn't finding even basic destinations so I just switched to the phone to search. At least the chord doesn't have a gear shift to get wrapped around. I love the chord routed up into the cubby!

Why aren't all modern cars wireless with wireless charging? This is not expensive tech but a pain to rig up later.
how difficult is it to route the phone cord thru the cubby hole?

Sponsored

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel fortunate that it really is of no importance to me, I watch the road

Redd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why are you mounting your phone at all? Mavericks have Android Auto and Apple Car Play which allows the driver to do all the phone tasks on the built in dash screen in a driver friendly format. Mounting the phone is unnecessary.
To be fair, even when I'm using Android Auto, there are times where the dash screen doesn't do something I want/need it to do. With the music app I use, for example, if I'm listening to a playlist, the screen only lets me switch to the next or previous song on the list. If I wanted to jump down or back up the list a certain number of songs on the list, I either have to do it on the phone or hit back/forward on the dash numerous times until I get to what I'm looking for.

The search function for that app also isn't great through Android Auto.

tozalazz

First Name
aleshia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco big bend
Engine
Undecided
PXL_20230604_141523662.jpg

I use this mount because it keeps my phone in my line of sight without obstructing my view. I drive for Uber and lift and it's super important that I be able to see my phone all the time and not get distracted by it. I bought it on Amazon for $10 and I've been using it for years.

I like your solution! I always mounted my phone on the vent, thus I have to bow my head a little bit to watch the screen

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Huh? Are you being sarcastic? I don't think you understand. The dash screen is at eye level in your pic. You don't need to see your phone when driving!
I need to see when driving!!!

Sponsored

Dslaughterbeck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What's wrong with charging your phone while driving? Can you listen and voice respond to texts while driving with your phone mounted? Nope. You can with AA and Car Play. The dash screen is much bigger than your phone screen making all tasks, like navigation, bigger and safer. And you can get a wireless dongle.
Maybe go to
Yep. Curious as to why someone would chose a less safe and convenient option.
Why are you being a Troll 🧌 come on with all the negativity. Save that stuff for truth social.

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Maybe go to

Why are you being a Troll 🧌 come on with all the negativity. Save that stuff for truth social.
Why are you resurrecting an ancient post? We've all moved on...

Dslaughterbeck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Oops my bad didn't realize this was old post my mistake.

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Oxford White / 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I never mount electronics on a vehicle's vent, because the phone/media player/whatever gets too hot (or too cold) from the vent's output and heat is especially hard on them...but I'm not telling you what to do...and yes, it's an old post but it's still up here. ;)