First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure why there is so much banter about EB vs Hybrid. Getting too much like politics!

While the Hybrid will certainly not outrun an EB in a drag race, what it does very well is respond to throttle in traffic and pulling away from a stop. MUCH better than turbocharged vehicles I had and have ( and still own an X-3) in that respect. This makes for a very nice driving experience. I liked that in the Cmax I had, and the Maverick seems to be faster than it was. eCVT transmissions might make it seem like little is happening. In fact the engine is held at its torque peak constantly for smooth acceleration. 7.7 second 0-60 is really NOT slow even by today's standards. Not fast either...but I have other vehicles if I feel the need for speed!
Couldn't agree more, I never implied the hybrid was faster than the Ecoboost, just that it's real world power figures seem to surpass ford's claimed numbers, which is factually true, and that it picks up speed fairly easily. All these "Well actually" comments are making me laugh.
Sponsored

OP
OP
OneAlienBoi

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2008 Camry Hybrid. Combined power was rated at 180HP & 199ft-lb torque.
Multiple sources I'm looking at are stating that the fastest Camry's of that generation could do 0-60 in about 6.5 seconds, but these were models with a 270 hp engine. The sources I'm seeing claim the Camry hybrids were doing 0-60 in 8.3-8.6 seconds, so about a second slower than the maverick.

Ford Maverick I Can't Stop Speeding Screenshot_2023-07-29-17-55-22-93_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Multiple sources I'm looking at are stating that the fastest Camry's of that generation could do 0-60 in about 6.5 seconds, but these were models with a 270 hp engine. The sources I'm seeing claim the Camry hybrids were doing 0-60 in 8.3-8.6 seconds, so about a second slower than the maverick.
Having driven both, I can tell you the Camry was faster than the Maverick Hybrid, particularly from a stop. My searches came up with everything from 10s to 6.5s. Sometimes I wonder if they were just slapping the results from the standard 4 banger on to the hybrid, or if anyone actually tested it at all.

Deleted member 1483

Having driven both, I can tell you the Camry was faster than the Maverick Hybrid, particularly from a stop. My searches came up with everything from 10s to 6.5s. Sometimes I wonder if they were just slapping the results from the standard 4 banger on to the hybrid, or if anyone actually tested it at all.
The maverick hybrid can get around 7s 0-60 time. It’s plenty.

Ford Maverick I Can't Stop Speeding IMG_5147

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Never said it wasn't good enough, just said I wouldn't consider it fast. ;)
Yep, there ain't nothing wrong with a 7+ second 0-60 time but you are right it isn't fast at all.

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure why there is so much banter about EB vs Hybrid. Getting too much like politics!
Majority here has agreed they are quick enough. You replied to a single person. I don't think I'd consider that "so much banter". And banter is friendly teasing, not at all like politics. Which there was none of when you commented other than the one person you replied to considering the Maverick slow.

On the EB: It is the fastest coasting vehicle I've ever owned. When you are doing ~60mph and start coasting down any incline you are rapidly accelerating beyond 80 in a few seconds.

Feels like it's running away.
Yea I noticed this too. Previous vehicles I'd coast down the hill into town that goes from 70 to 60 and finally 50 and only be maybe 5 over when I actually get to the 50 portion. Starting to coast before the speed limit decrease and the hill itself.

In the Maverick EB, I'm gaining massive speed when coasting and have to apply brakes even for small hills. It's the first vehicle I've experienced this in for it's size (like, outside of a 2500 pulling a 40 foot camper or a bigger truck with air brakes and Jake brake).

Feels weird having to brake but if I don't I've gotten up to 65 which is way too much over. That's coasting at the start of the decline in speed before the hill even starts lol. I was at 55 when it said 60, then the hill starts and 50 is at the bottom. So coasting in the 70 zone down to 55 before the hill and still gaining 15mph in the quarter mile hill.

Poultrygeist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Quiet effortless speed is deceptive. You don't hear all the accessory noises i.e. belts, alternator, AC compressor and gear shifts with the hybrid as they are not there. And those noises help govern one's sense of how fast they're traveling.

I need to stress this point with my lead footed wife.

Ford Maverick I Can't Stop Speeding P1010001

Last edited:
Sponsored

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Majority here has agreed they are quick enough. You replied to a single person. I don't think I'd consider that "so much banter". And banter is friendly teasing, not at all like politics. Which there was none of when you commented other than the one person you replied to considering the Maverick slow.
False. There are MANY posts on the forum that caused me to write my statement. What you consider teasing....
Based on many posts I have encountered, I would be better off ignoring yours....

rivermaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Fusion (UK), MEV Sonic7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The combination of instant torque and the lack of gear changes means the maverick hybrid picks up speed super effortlessly up until about 50 mph. So many times I look down and I'm like, wow, I'm barely touching the gas but I'm already going 10 over the limit. There's no way the maverick hybrid setup "only" has 155 lb ft of torque. I believe reliable independent tests have shown it produces up to 267 lb ft briefly in the real world. That feels far more accurate.
I know the problem, on our regular 200 mile drive from AZ to CA the first 100 miles crosses 4 mountain ranges - I let the car lose some speed on the up hills and gain it on the down grades but one time I'm cruising along on a fairly level stretch and look down and the speedo is indicating 99 MPH, nearly 100 and very smooth and undramatic!
I have never used cruise control but I'll set it to a minimum speed so I don't slow too much on the hills but I wish there was a way to set a maximum speed. (I think you can do that with the Ford Pass app but that's permanent until deactivated with the phone).

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The maverick hybrid can get around 7s 0-60 time. It’s plenty.

IMG_5147.jpeg
I drive 20 years older than I am, my car now is a gutless 2.0 Hyundai Kona (we have a 1.6 turbo Sonata too) this is gonna be enough horses for my lifetime…

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting post.

I had had Rangers for soo long, that my foot got use to the same pressure.
And when I would check my speed, I was always doing the posted. ;)
Now, I catch myself doing 10+ over without feeling it. o_O
Also, the Mav takes forever to slow-down, when I let off the gas. When coming to a stop...

Jerry
Sponsored