First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would really like to test drive a hybrid, but as we all know they arent exactly on lots anywhere.

Does anyone know a dealership that has one they are using just for test drives, or is there someone in the Seattle area that would be ever so generous to check theirs out?
Sponsored

1stNewFordTruck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2012 Dodge Journey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good luck.

Their were no Mavericks on the lot at Mullinax in Kissimmee when I ordered. The Mullinax in New Smyrna Beach got in an EB FX4 and called me, so I went and drove that. Even though the engine and rear suspension are different, it gave me a good enough idea of NVH, room and ergonomics to cement my decision to order.

first_ford

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was lucky enough to find a Mavrick owner today at the
Midwest Maverick Meetup
He was gracious enough to let me drive his 2022 carbonized gray First Edition Maverick Lariat hybrid it was really great.
I had driven a FX4 lariat at the stealership in March. I was completely impressed its power it really got up and went, and that is compared to my 2007 Mitsubishi 3.0L outlander XLS.
It makes it all that much harder to figure out what to order for the 2023 do I really NEED the AWD and the turbo?
Driving his just made it that much harder, but I will tell you when that turbo kicks in, seat of pants, you feel it for sure. Driving the hybrid, it is not as punchy but it is hardly a dog in fact other than the turbo hit I would be hard pressed to tell the differance seat of pants.
I would say if you don't want/need 4WD then get the hybrid I doubt you will be disappointed. MOFWIW.

OP
OP

highgate

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the input! AWD really isnt something I need, and that's why I am pretty much set on the Hybrid. The gas mileage really is one of my key considerations, that and the overall usefulness of a small truck.

Would be nice to drive either version really and see what they are like and if they are something I could live with.

first_ford

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the input! AWD really isnt something I need, and that's why I am pretty much set on the Hybrid. The gas mileage really is one of my key considerations, that and the overall usefulness of a small truck.

Would be nice to drive either version really and see what they are like and if they are something I could live with.
Ya the times we live in, crazy, you have to order some big ticket item without a test drive hope this changes soon.

Reactions: fmt

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Get the Hybrid on order - Then in the ten + month wait, I am sure you would have found a unit to test drive. Then u can cancel, keep or flip -

Last edited:

skinnyboy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perhaps test a hybrid Escape, from a power train perspective they are almost identical to the Maverick.

Not sure what your requirements are, but for me the hybrid isn't something that I have to "live with". Much prefer the eCVT to normal transmissions, and if fuel economy is important to you there is no other choice in a truck.

Cheers.

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are always at least 5 sold hybrids sitting on the lot waiting to be picked up here at all times but they wont even unlock them for people to look at them.

I prefer it that way for a new vehicle. Keep it perfect for the owner.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just finally got a chance to test drive one last week, just happened to arrange to talk to a dealer about an upcoming order, they had a gently used one on the lot. I drive a Cmax for work, couldn't tell ANY real difference at all, so maybe if you strike out on locating a Mav, locate a Cmax?
Sponsored