First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve been using my Noco Genius5 on the Hybrid Mav connected to the terminals under the hood. Still propping up the crappy Motorcraft battery. I just know at some point that flimsy plastic red cover is going to break off of the positive terminal particularly at the seam where it bends down. Does anyone know the part number or where I can get a spare to have on hand. I searched all over and so far, haven’t found it.
Sponsored

Samcat13

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat '22'
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same here. I don't cover mine either.

Billy Boy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can use a red vacuum line cap to put over the positive jumper terminal in lieu of a missing or broken cap.

wvpc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6, 1999 Mazda Miata.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How does the flimsy red cover come off? I tried to remove mine by hand but it would not budge.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Builder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can use a red vacuum line cap to put over the positive jumper terminal in lieu of a missing or broken cap.
Great idea. I didn’t even think about that. The positive terminal is 5/16 (8mm) threaded post which is an easy size to find in heat and weather resistant silicon vacuum caps. A nice substitute if/when the flimsy red cover breaks off.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve been using my Noco Genius5 on the Hybrid Mav connected to the terminals under the hood. Still propping up the crappy Motorcraft battery. I just know at some point that flimsy plastic red cover is going to break off of the positive terminal particularly at the seam where it bends down. Does anyone know the part number or where I can get a spare to have on hand. I searched all over and so far, haven’t found it.
I just bought that same charger.
My red cap came off the first time I opened it.

I used it last night for 14 hours.
The Truck's computer said the 12v went from 64% to 74%. In 14 hours!?!?

Anyhoo.

Have you used the repair / desulfate function with the 12v attached to the truck? I want to. But NOCO says not to.

The voltage may reach 17v in repair mode.

OP
OP

Builder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just bought that same charger.
My red cap came off the first time I opened it.

I used it last night for 14 hours.
The Truck's computer said the 12v went from 64% to 74%. In 14 hours!?!?

Anyhoo.

Have you used the repair / desulfate function with the 12v attached to the truck? I want to. But NOCO says not to.

The voltage may reach 17v in repair mode.
I really like the charger. I’ve only needed to attach for 3-4 hours to reach the solid green charge indicator from the first red indicator. Haven’t needed to use the repair function and hoping I never have to on the 12v.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really like the charger. I’ve only needed to attach for 3-4 hours to reach the solid green charge indicator from the first red indicator. Haven’t needed to use the repair function and hoping I never have to on the 12v.
Can you put a volt meter on your battery (either under the hood or under the seat) and then lock and unlock your doors one time and tell me the voltage you see (on what you would say is a fully charged battery).

Thanks in advance.

I put the Noco on for 14 hours.
Single green light was pulsing. But not solid on. Which means "charged" but "optimizing". Battery was 13.1v with Noco attached.

Battery was wavering between 12.0 and 12.1 the moment I unlocked the doors after removing the Noco 1 or 2 minutes prior. The truck was "awake" with dome lights and parking lights only. The "welcome" lights on. That's is. I would not expect a handful of lamps to pull a fresh battery to 12.0.

Would be nice to compare.
Anyone reading this could try this.

Thank you.

Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This whole battery voltage level thing with the Maverick is a mystery to me. When I sold my 2015 Prius, I had purchased a replacement battery at 5 years just because I didn't want any surprises. I have been stranded due to waiting too long to replace a 12v battery.

But the 12v in the Prius was still good. No dark interior, no lights off, nada.

OP
OP

Builder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you put a volt meter on your battery (either under the hood or under the seat) and then lock and unlock your doors one time and tell me the voltage you see (on what you would say is a fully charged battery).

Thanks in advance.

I put the Noco on for 14 hours.
Single green light was pulsing. But not solid on. Which means "charged" but "optimizing". Battery was 13.1v with Noco attached.

Battery was wavering between 12.0 and 12.1 the moment I unlocked the doors after removing the Noco 1 or 2 minutes prior. The truck was "awake" with dome lights and parking lights only. The "welcome" lights on. That's is. I would not expect a handful of lamps to pull a fresh battery to 12.0.

Would be nice to compare.
Anyone reading this could try this.

Thank you.
I only measure the voltage via a plug in meter on the front dash outlet. After a five hour drive today, the meter read 12.5v after shutdown and opening the door. Usually after charging I get to 12.8v to 13.1v just before startup. I don’t have a volt meter for the battery. When I lose dome lights (deep sleep) and put my Noco on the under hood terminals, the 12v battery reports 11.3v at the dash outlet before charging. It just doesn’t seem to move too much but I’ve always been able to start it ….. no jumps yet. Just some observations, not sure if this helps??
Sponsored