Amendes

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a few questions about the hybrid batteries in the 2022 Maverick.

1. How many batteries are in the hybrid? Some hybrids have one battery for the power train and one for the accessories (radio, dome lights, etc).

2. Where are the battery (or batteries) located in the vehicle?

3. How long do hybrid batteries usually last before needing replacement? And how expensive is such a replacement?
Sponsored

Sweet Willie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick Hybrid has 2 batteries one high voltage battery to run the electric motor and a 12 volt battery to run equipment and electronics. The high voltage battery is under the floorboard on the passenger side backseat foot well and the 12 voltage is under the backseat on passenger side.

I'm not sure how long the Ford motor batteries will last, but they come with a 100k miles or 8 years warranty. Our Prius batteries were going strong 12 year after we purchased the car.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1. & 2. There is a high voltage battery (HVB) that powers the electric motor air conditioner and (I think) supplies additional charge to the other battery. The HVB is located under the floor of the back seat. That's why the hybrid has an inch or two less rear leg room than the EB. There is also a 12v battery that powers accessories like most cars. It's located under the back seat. There is less storage in the hybrid because of this.

3. Batteries are designed as vehicle lifetime parts. I don't think anyone knows how much it costs to replace the battery in the Maverick yet. You could compare Prius battery replacement, but that's likely to change with battery tech and time. That being said, if a battery gets worn out, the only thing that's likely to happen is the gas mileage goes down. (That's been my experience in all cars I've owned, BTW). It's not like it becomes unusable.

Google search for NYC Taxi, Ford escape hybrid. It'll ease your mind.

Last edited:

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At 2:19 in this video you can see the high voltage battery being installed.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a few questions about the hybrid batteries in the 2022 Maverick.

1. How many batteries are in the hybrid? Some hybrids have one battery for the power train and one for the accessories (radio, dome lights, etc).

2. Where are the battery (or batteries) located in the vehicle?

3. How long do hybrid batteries usually last before needing replacement? And how expensive is such a replacement?
The Forum SEARCH feature is your friend. Please use it to find answers to others that have asked the same questions before. Links to questions here:

Battery life expectancy for hybrid Maverick?

why is there a 12 volt battery in the hybrid

Lithium-ion Battery pack size for the Maverick's Hybrid system?
Sponsored