Hybrid Battery Access

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
  • Banned
Was reading and it was mentioned that the hybrid battery is accessed from below. How hard is it to get to this thing?

I bring this up because our small town (1500 people) has had about 5 cats stolen in the last month. Then reading that people were stealing batteries out of Prius where they had to get to from inside the vehicle.

So if someone really wants this they are going to get it regardless of where it is at but under the vehicle they can also get the cat at the same time which looks easy to get to on the hybrid.

This will be first hybrid truck so might be a double whammy target...
Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The battery is below the passenger cabin on one side, in a water cooled container. Haven't seen any under side shots to see what access is like.

HybridAltoBlueXLT

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ranger XLT
Until about paragraph 3, I thought you had a feline theif in your area. Wasn't sure how that was related to electric batteries except that cats like to sleep near warm parts of cars. Gotta lead with catalytic converter and THEN abbreviate lol.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of the 2,000 things I might be concerned about in any given week, somebody jacking up my truck and stealing a big ass battery that's built for a unicorn is not one of them.

But if such idiocy happens, my insurance will pay for a replacement.

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was reading and it was mentioned that the hybrid battery is accessed from below. How hard is it to get to this thing?

I bring this up because our small town (1500 people) has had about 5 cats stolen in the last month. Then reading that people were stealing batteries out of Prius where they had to get to from inside the vehicle.

So if someone really wants this they are going to get it regardless of where it is at but under the vehicle they can also get the cat at the same time which looks easy to get to on the hybrid.

You have someone STEALING cats??? 😮🤣😂

Sponsored

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

So when you figure out the information you asked for, what are you going to do with it? What is the end goal?

OC-D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
…I bring this up because our small town (1500 people) has had about 5 cats stolen in the last month.
Sounds like the ghost of Bob Barker is trying to control your local pet population.
Sponsored