First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 lariat lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2023 Maverick Lariat hybrid and have been very happy with it it has plenty of power for me and I'm getting 38 average City Highway combined
Sponsored

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I'm an Oregonian stuck in the Wash DC suburbs. Its slow driving here, very dense, a parade of traffic lights and brake lights with curvy roads and rolling hills everywhere. Lots of regen braking and electric driving. Unless you're in Portland, prolly not getting the full benefit of a hybrid. Frankly, I'd rather live in Oregon and get shitty gas mileage in wide open spaces. Never been to OR actually. I'd like to visit Bend.

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not in Portland, but Eugene, which is now a small city. 30 years ago it was a big(sort of) town. Not likeing the changes. That aside, most driving here is around town with some trips toward the Bend area. I have only had the Mav Hybrid a very short time...learning,I hope, to get the better mpg.
Bend, by the way, is Very expensive now to live in. A big chunk of Californian's have moved there, housing prices are way up. Verybeautifu area, reminds me a bit of Bolder ,Co. area, but that was many years ago..I mean the out of town in the woods/mountain areas.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please...tell me how you drive ( 20 in a 30mph zone ) not being snarky. I have a hybrid and drive the speed limits in town in eco mode. I do Not have a lead foot. It is flat terrain. I get around 32 mpg. Just asking how you do it..
Did you get any bed work done? Spray in liner? Maybe someone poked a hole in the fuel tank- it's right under the bed tie down rings.

There was a recall early on because Ford's spray-in 3rd party in Mexico was drilling into the tanks while cleaning out the holes to re-install the tie down rings......

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
no problems with truck anywhere, just the driver. Actually I am using Ecoach, makes a difference. Will chime in after more miles.

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The range on the EcoBoost is about the same, and seemed better on long trips than the sedan it replaced. Though I think that says more about the gas tank than anything else.

The issues with having a hybrid is needing to replace the battery at some point as well as having an Atkinson engine which is different. Plus all the various wiring and switching that has to be done.

A gas engine turns on and stays running. A hybrid has to constantly switch back and forth between gas and electric.

If a person hates auto start stop they'll probably hate a hybrid IMO. Especially if it stops on the interstate and doesn't want to drive.

I forgot the video I watched but somebody sold their Maverick and bought a Tacoma because the hybrid broke down too many times.
While some breakdowns occur with the Hybrid, Breakdowns also occur with the EB.
Here are points for the Hybrid.
-Hands down, the hybrid Gets better gas mileage than the EB. 35-40mpg+
-Battery is guaranteed for 8 years. It may last a lot longer. I may trade in after 3 years. So, the battery won't be a bother for me.
-Since the electric/gas power transfer is NEVER noticeable (except the dashboard tells you it happened) there is no dislike. The auto start stop is only noticable on vehicles with gasoline only engines, like the EB.
But, to each his own. Good luck with whatever choice you make.
Sponsored