DCP

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2018 Escape, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In case you did not know... The fuel door release for the Hybrid is electronic. I found an unidentified green clip on a plastic cord (think weed trimmer string) coming out from under the driver side rear fender well splash guard. It is an emergency fuel door release in case your electronic release fails. It appears to be designed to normally clip onto the plastic - I have clipped it there and it stays in place. Just thought I would share because I had no idea what it was and found no mention of it in the owner's manual.

Ford Maverick Hybrid fuel door emergency release. Maverick_Fuel Door Release
Sponsored

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the update

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yesterday, I posted this in another thread when someone asked how to open the fuel door if the battery is dead. It is weird that it is in the html version of the owners manual but not the pdf version. Thanks @DCP for showing the close up pic.

Ford Maverick Hybrid fuel door emergency release. 67B1EA18-2BD4-4352-9E8A-7A32FD808E48

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks to OP and others for this information. I will make sure it is clipped properly as noted by the OP.

I think I know why the OP called it an "emergency release", rather than just a manual release. Any situation where you find yourself without fuel and a dead battery is probably pretty dire.

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid trucks only have this. On non-hybrid just push in on the fuel door. Pages 177-178 of the 2022 Maverick Owner's Manual explains it. Drivers side rear fender well. Truck has to be in P or N, Switch the ignition on, pull down on the Lever (should say green clip), door should open, turn key off. Found my clip just dangling, reattached it, we'll see how long it stays clipped.

Ford Maverick Hybrid fuel door emergency release. IMG_2401.JPG

Ford Maverick Hybrid fuel door emergency release. IMG_2400.JPG

Ford Maverick Hybrid fuel door emergency release. IMG_2402.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
P. 178 of the PDF manual I have shows an emergency open tool for the hybrid models that is located with the tire jack...

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
P. 178 of the PDF manual I have shows an emergency open tool for the hybrid models that is located with the tire jack...
Very interesting, what does the tool look like? My Maverick has the clip as shown in my photos.

MojoJojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XLT
ahhh i was wondering what that thing was and kept forgetting to research on it lol. I saw it the day i got my truck and it was just dangling like in the first pick. I clipped it back in thinking will have to figure out what it is. Thanks OP!

Reactions: DCP

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very interesting, what does the tool look like? My Maverick has the clip
as shown in my photos.
The tool shown in the manual (top in photo) is a little different than the tool I found with my jack (bottom of photo).

(I also have the green clip in the wheel well).

The PDF manual I have makes no mention of the green clip release.

Ford Maverick Hybrid fuel door emergency release. Fuel_door_tool_01

Attachments

Reactions: DCP

Stagehand38

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
In case you did not know... The fuel door release for the Hybrid is electronic. I found an unidentified green clip on a plastic cord (think weed trimmer string) coming out from under the driver side rear fender well splash guard. It is an emergency fuel door release in case your electronic release fails. It appears to be designed to normally clip onto the plastic - I have clipped it there and it stays in place. Just thought I would share because I had no idea what it was and found no mention of it in the owner's manual.

Maverick_Fuel Door Release.jpg
My Son has 5000 miles on his XL and he just noticed the green tab, your post came up in my search to find out what it was. Thanks for the info! Do you know if it’s in the owners manual?

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My Son has 5000 miles on his XL and he just noticed the green tab, your post came up in my search to find out what it was. Thanks for the info! Do you know if it’s in the owners manual?
Scroll up to post #3 in this thread.
Sponsored