Sponsored

HP Tuners software in hand and tuning will begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello!

We got the HP Tuners software in for the Maverick yesterday, had some time to get the files pulled from the truck and will get started tuning shortly. We have a Mustang 500AWD dyno here, things should progress quickly.

Ford Maverick HP Tuners software in hand and tuning will begin! 253090999_188635670097068_3013794447995839983_n
Sponsored

Barefootdan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y
What do you expect the limiting factor to be? Any worries about the transmission holding up to the torque?

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD Maverick XL, 2004 Insight Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm still trying to find out If we have the 8f35 or 8f45! I am pretty sure it's the 8f45, because info that I have found says the 8f35 can only handle 258lbft of torque, while the 8f45 can handle 354lbft. If we can keep torque on the mild side by controlling timing, I think we can push the power higher without instantly destroying our trans.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What do you expect the limiting factor to be? Any worries about the transmission holding up to the torque?
Like any build, there will be things that limit the power BUT also with all things, as long as the demand is there, after market parts will be built to handle whatever you want to do.

There is a full list of TCM tables, so some of what will limit the application can be addressed in there, just like tuning the GTR transmissions (which I can proudly say I was the first to figure out).

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm still trying to find out If we have the 8f35 or 8f45! I am pretty sure it's the 8f45, because info that I have found says the 8f35 can only handle 258lbft of torque, while the 8f45 can handle 354lbft. If we can keep torque on the mild side by controlling timing, I think we can push the power higher without instantly destroying our trans.
That's a reasonable assumption, I haven't look into which model trans it is. For us, if it breaks then we will find stronger parts, a lot of the aftermarket world is good with that. It's understandable that many bought this to drive, will want a little more of whatever they can get as long as it remains reliable.

Sponsored

Springboks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would this allow you to "fix" speed readings for larger tires/wheels?

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would this allow you to "fix" speed readings for larger tires/wheels?
Yes, that's in the program. Won't be an issue at all.

I have 31" tires going on mine, decided to order wheels instead of using the stock ones.

Springboks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, that's in the program. Won't be an issue at all.

I have 31" tires going on mine, decided to order wheels instead of using the stock ones.
Coincidentally.. if that is your truck in your profile pic.. I am getting same color, but hybrid with lariat. I too want black wheels and big tires. Can you share details of what wheels/tire you will be getting. Also... I am assuming you did a lift?

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Coincidentally.. if that is your truck in your profile pic.. I am getting same color, but hybrid with lariat. I too want black wheels and big tires. Can you share details of what wheels/tire you will be getting. Also... I am assuming you did a lift?
That's my truck but the picture from Ford, exact truck though. I went with Enkei 17" Matrix wheels and Toyo open country tires. I haven't done a lift yet, the tires fit without it but will once someone releases something worthy of using.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.