Sponsored

how would you deal with the steel wheel after upgrade to aluminum wheels?

Ven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
where to sell? I don't think anyone would buy steel wheels:(

BTW, where can get the best price to buy and install aluminum or alloy wheel ? discount tire?
Sponsored

Last edited:

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Plenty of people want the steel wheels so that they can mount snow/winter tires on them and not care if they get messed up in the Winter. Post them for sale on here, on Facebook, on Craigslist, etc....

I see you are in Texas, so not as easy to sell for someone to use for snow tires, but still worth posting for sale.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Post them in the regional sub forum for your area on here, since people typically sell them for direct pickup, not shipping. Also post them in the for sale area.

Reactions: Ven

RobbieAG

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL EB AWD 4k Tow CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I plan to keep and store mine, but you should be able to sell them if that's what you want to do.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have made the decision that I will now keep my original rims should I decide to get aftermarket rims. I have found that the original rims are worth a lot!! And actually add value to the vehicle when you sell it (selling the car with aftermarket rims with the originals is always a plus). When I sold my 2006 Scion XB, I had sold the original Scion rims for almost nothing! Dumb me! The rims on the XB had the Scion logo, etc. But I wanted 17" rims and all the bling with it. I also wound up going thru aftermarket rims like water due to the structural integrity not being as good as the originals. My Maverick has the original Ford logo rims. I will keep them, even if I do decide to get aftermarket rims. Just my two cents.

Sponsored

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put the steel wheels back on, they look better and are easier to repair.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Put the steel wheels back on, they look better and are easier to repair.
Does anyone remember the popularity of "Moon" beauty rings and hubcabs? If I was going to get a Maverick truck with the steel rims, this was what I was going to do. It was what everyone did back in the day. You painted the steel rim to match the vehicle, then accented it with the beauty ring and center cap. Much less expensive and in my opinion, really sharp looking.

Ford Maverick how would you deal with the steel wheel after upgrade to aluminum wheels? 1706383159996

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone remember the popularity of "Moon" beauty rings and hubcabs? If I was going to get a Maverick truck with the steel rims, this was what I was going to do. It was what everyone did back in the day. You painted the steel rim to match the vehicle, then accented it with the beauty ring and center cap. Much less expensive and in my opinion, really sharp looking.

1706383159996.png

I bought a 2nd Set of the "Steelies" for a possible paint idea.
But, later decided not to do that. I kept them and now are on for my winter driving.
I looked into attaching, Beauty Rings and Center caps...
Rings will fit, but the Steelie's "center form" (no ridges) will NOT Allow for "Easy" installation of the center caps.
I went with creating my own...

Ford Maverick how would you deal with the steel wheel after upgrade to aluminum wheels? Transit Covers small

I epoxied Plastic Ford Transit Centers onto my original caps. Not the snazzist, but the Black is an exact match for the Maverick's trim...

Jerry

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

where to sell? I don't think anyone would buy steel wheels:(

BTW, where can get the best price to buy and install aluminum or alloy wheel ? discount tire?
I just bought some steelies for snows from some guy (here) that upgraded to fansy alloys.

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just bought some steelies for snows from some guy (here) that upgraded to fansy alloys.
Guys that do this remind me of golfers.
They must have everything else in their lives so set and ordered and done. Totally up to date with their yardwork, repairs around the house, necessary work on other older vehicles complete, kids events no problem, no problems at work.
Where do they find the time or desire to replace perfectly good stuff like rims and bulbs?
Oh, and in another thread on here - duel climate controls where there was none! How far away are the driver and passenger sitting?!
Sponsored