First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Help, I have an XLT and I bought the plastic head key, I had it cut to match the other keys, I've tried every combination and still can't get it to work.
When I insert the second key the screen shows me the key code, I wait for the code bar to finish and insert the third non programed key in and I get a message that says "key program failed"
Any help would be appreciated.
Don't wait for the code bar to finish, that's too long, only as long as the first key, when you have successfully programmed the new key, it will tell you on the display.
Sponsored

Bret

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 RAM 3500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't wait for the code bar to finish, that's too long, only as long as the first key, when you have successfully programmed the new key, it will tell you on the display.
Thanks for the help, I have determined that my key is defective and can't be programed. I should have read the reviews before I purchased on Amazon. I left the seller a bad review.

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have but I have an advantage on cutting them ........ :cool:

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have but I have an advantage on cutting them ........ :cool:
And that's a big advantage!

I'll have to spend around $100 to get them cut, and then hope they program OK. When I read about someone else not being able to program this particular key, it makes me very worried I might be throwing good money after bad if I pay to have them cut.

What do you think?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And that's a big advantage!

I'll have to spend around $100 to get them cut, and then hope they program OK. When I read about someone else not being able to program this particular key, it makes me very worried I might be throwing good money after bad if I pay to have them cut.

What do you think?
if you want to send them to me with a return label I can cut them for you.

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I can confirm that this $42 FOB linked below from Amazon works on the 2023 Lariat. However, the programming instructions that @Redneck Garage posted on the first page did not work for me, but here is what did:

1) Get in the vehicle and ensure all the doors and windows are closed.
2) Open the center console and remove the felt pad at the bottom.
3) Put the first programmed FOB in the indentation at the bottom of the console with the back of the FOB with the Ford logo facing down.
4) Push start button to power on vehicle but DO NOT have your foot on the brake.
5) Wait 5 seconds.
6) Push start button to shut off vehicle.
7) Remove first FOB from indentation.
8) Put second programmed FOB in the indentation at the bottom of the console.
9) Push start button to power on vehicle but DO NOT have your foot on the brake.
10) Wait 5 seconds.
11) Push start button to shut off vehicle.
12) Remove second FOB from indentation.
13) Put third FOB (the new unprogrammed FOB) in the indentation at the bottom of the console.
14) Push start button to power on vehicle but DO NOT have your foot on the brake.
15) Vehicle should chirp and display a message saying new FOB has been programmed.
16) Push start button to shut off vehicle.

Note the differences from the instructions in the first post are that you shut off the power first before removing the FOB from the indentation, and when you have the third key in the indentation, you simply press and release the start button as normal - do not hold it in.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BP9ZR4D9

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone had success programming the generic key blanks from Amazon? These are the ones recommended by the OP. When I added them to my Amazon shopping cart I did get a warning message that these would not fit my 2022 Maverick.
2x Remote Fob Transponder Chip Car Key 128 Bit for Ford Lincoln (H128-PT)

Ford Maverick How to Save $$ Money $$  on Keys by Programming Yourself -- From a Locksmith and Owner :) 1680618880465
! This does not fit 2022 Ford Maverick

I tried using the programming instructions posted here and elsewhere and only get a "Key Programming Failure" message.

texasPI

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yes, the remotes with remote start dont interchange the frequency is different.
So if my XLT doesn't have the remote start on the fob, but then I added the perimeter plus module, I cannot then use the fob that has the 2x button on it?

OP
OP
Redneck Garage

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So if my XLT doesn't have the remote start on the fob, but then I added the perimeter plus module, I cannot then use the fob that has the 2x button on it?
As far as the factory receiver - no the two remotes - the one with remote start and without remote start are different frequencies.

Sponsored

Donald

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the key blank described in the first post for a hide a key. There isn’t a locksmith here that can cut the key so I went to the Ford dealer. They said they could cut it for $5. After looking at the blank he said it wouldn’t work because the tip on the Amazon key was rounded and the Ford key tip was square. Ended up buying a key from the dealer $75 cut. The programming worked perfect. He did say he had tried to make a key for another customer with the rounded tip by squaring it but it wouldn’t work.

Ford Maverick How to Save $$ Money $$  on Keys by Programming Yourself -- From a Locksmith and Owner :) 85A125AD-2217-49DF-909A-45FF8284B1BE

Ford Maverick How to Save $$ Money $$  on Keys by Programming Yourself -- From a Locksmith and Owner :) D6BFF7F8-FBCB-4B30-B085-12A44FC1E7D8

Ford Maverick How to Save $$ Money $$  on Keys by Programming Yourself -- From a Locksmith and Owner :) 0CFE16FD-60FF-4C8A-862B-AAFE6552AA7C

Ford Maverick How to Save $$ Money $$  on Keys by Programming Yourself -- From a Locksmith and Owner :) 375D433F-E316-41B9-BD14-396CBD4C4F0F

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the key blank described in the first post for a hide a key. There isn’t a locksmith here that can cut the key so I went to the Ford dealer. They said they could cut it for $5. After looking at the blank he said it wouldn’t work because the tip on the Amazon key was rounded and the Ford key tip was square. Ended up buying a key from the dealer $75 cut. The programming worked perfect. He did say he had tried to make a key for another customer with the rounded tip by squaring it but it wouldn’t work.

85A125AD-2217-49DF-909A-45FF8284B1BE.png

D6BFF7F8-FBCB-4B30-B085-12A44FC1E7D8.jpeg

0CFE16FD-60FF-4C8A-862B-AAFE6552AA7C.jpeg

375D433F-E316-41B9-BD14-396CBD4C4F0F.png
Should have risked the $5 and tried it. I am no locksmith, but I can't imagine the rounded tip matters as much as the cut pattern. Unless somehow the rounded tip kept the key from inserting that last .01 mm into the lock cylinder.

Donald

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Should have risked the $5 and tried it. I am no locksmith, but I can't imagine the rounded tip matters as much as the cut pattern. Unless somehow the rounded tip kept the key from inserting that last .01 mm into the lock cylinder.
The guy said he had tried it before and wouldn’t work.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The guy said he had tried it before and wouldn’t work.
Car Dealerships/Salespeople say a lot of interesting things, don't they? Some true, some not.

I generally like to give the benefit of the doubt, but when someone says "Sure, $5.....ohhh wait.....actually $75", my reaction is to say "Let's try the $5 method first". :unsure:

Donald

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Car Dealerships/Salespeople say a lot of interesting things, don't they? Some true, some not.

I generally like to give the benefit of the doubt, but when someone says "Sure, $5.....ohhh wait.....actually $75", my reaction is to say "Let's try the $5 method first". :unsure:
The blank was $28 so not just $5 risk.
Sponsored