Fr. Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT w/ Lux, CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all,

I'm new to the whole new car buying thing - both my cars in the past were private party deals. My Maverick should be built the week of October 3rd so I'm starting to think about what the situation is going to be,

I'm gonna need to finance the Maverick and I believe I have seen that the promotional rates from when the order was placed should still be valid - am hoping for the 3.9%/60 months, I think it was. How can I make sure that my dealer knows how to honor that?

How does all of the financing details/etc get arranged? I prequalified with Ford Credit online, so do I just walk in with a check with my down payment on the day they call and say it's ready and then set up things from there?
Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Probably don't have to worry about financing at this point since it'll be maybe a year until your vehicle is ready for pickup. Maybe the interest rates will be better by then, maybe not. It's also worth checking if your local credit unions can offer better APRs instead of Ford financing.

Until then, I'd be saving my pennies for the down payment.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Many people don’t know this, but some insurance companies , including State Farm, offer car loans.

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you intend to go through Ford Credit, yes, just bring your down payment with. You are eligible for the interest rate that was in effect when you ordered. Your dealer can go into Smart Vincent for your vehicle and select "Protections" and he will be able to see the loan rates and pricing for your truck.

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all,

I'm new to the whole new car buying thing - both my cars in the past were private party deals. My Maverick should be built the week of October 3rd so I'm starting to think about what the situation is going to be,

I'm gonna need to finance the Maverick and I believe I have seen that the promotional rates from when the order was placed should still be valid - am hoping for the 3.9%/60 months, I think it was. How can I make sure that my dealer knows how to honor that?

How does all of the financing details/etc get arranged? I prequalified with Ford Credit online, so do I just walk in with a check with my down payment on the day they call and say it's ready and then set up things from there?
When you. Go to close the deal you will meet with the finance person who should shop for a interest rate for the term based on your credit rating. The rates are going up and if you believe the news the fed is going to raise rates again this month. We were looking at a rate above 3% through our bank. The finance man found us a much better rate for the loan. Good luck be Sure they shop for you or call banks, credit unions, you car insurance company. State Farm finances makes car loans. A few phone calls can save you money. If you find a good rate get approved for the loan before you go to close. If the dealer doesn’t meet or beet your deal have the dealer check with your source. Remember the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is the number you want to know. For example a loan rate of 2% may be higher because of fees and other charges associated with the loan. Good Luck

Sponsored

OP
OP
Padre

Padre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fr. Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT w/ Lux, CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably don't have to worry about financing at this point since it'll be maybe a year until your vehicle is ready for pickup. Maybe the interest rates will be better by then, maybe not. It's also worth checking if your local credit unions can offer better APRs instead of Ford financing.

Until then, I'd be saving my pennies for the down payment.
I ordered last September and should be taking delivery in about a month and a half or so.

Dimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
Undecided
If you intend to go through Ford Credit, yes, just bring your down payment with. You are eligible for the interest rate that was in effect when you ordered. Your dealer can go into Smart Vincent for your vehicle and select "Protections" and he will be able to see the loan rates and pricing for your truck.
Do this at the time of ordering or the time of delivery. I ordered day of order banks opening but we didn't talk about financing

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Delivery.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Day of delivery. My dealer simply provided some payment ranges for reference. Best thing to do is get and keep your score up. Ford credit will be able to undercut almost anyone but your credit has to be near perfect. Otherwise, a credit union will end up being a better bet.
Sponsored