Sponsored

How many times have you changed your order?

Don Morris

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
once, mud flaps.
Sponsored

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just curious if I was an exception. I have changed my order 4 times. 1st order; started XLT Lux Pepper red FWD. 2nd; changed it to AWD with FX4. 3rd; went to XL FWD in Velocity blue. 4th; changed it to XLT FWD. I actually sent her a 5th email for XLT Lux AWD with FX4 in Velocity Blue but did not hear back, no surprise really.
My order is only about two weeks old, but I've not changed it a bit. If my car dies before my Maverick arrives, I'll probably buy one off of a lot, even thought that will probably be an XLT AWD, vice the hybrid lariat I have on order.

bpbd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Twice. Went from XL to XLT, removed drop-in bed liner when it became a late availability item.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
None (officially) ;) I made an early reservation, have configured my choices on the Ford B&P, printed it out and discussed with my local dealer rep. Only change since then has been Color- from Oxford White to Carbonized Grey- but am holding off placing an actual order. I want to see in person, crawl around inside (maybe underneath too), and test drive to see if it really works for me before buying. Never bought a new vehicle any other way since my 1st Ranger in 1987 and never had any buyer's remorse on a single vehicle.

As a practical matter, I am also limited by the fact I need to complete some projects on an old house I own and get it sold so I can pay ca$h for the Maverick. This keeps my enthusiasm and buying urges at bay through the early adopter period, while also giving me the benefit of waiting for magazine reviews, test drive articles, Consumer Reports, Edmunds, JD Power, etc. to all chime in as well as release of crash ratings, MPG figures, etc,. while they sort out any manufacturing hiccups and establish solid vehicle pipeline as chip shortage eases and stable pricing emerges. I have several other great vehicles to drive already so no sense of urgency there or FOMO :cool:

tebowed

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 2.0T
Changed color from Iconic Silver to Carbonized Grey.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Once, but only for a color change. Initial order was July 12.

July 12: Oxford White
July 13: Carbonized Gray

silvy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you changed your orders did you receive a confirmation from Ford?

I just changed mine from Cactus Gray to Velocity Blue.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
establish solid vehicle pipeline as chip shortage eases and stable pricing emerges.
So you are looking 3-5 years out?

The chip issue is multifaceted but I can assure you this is not a 6mo thing the cost to build a chip fab is in the billons and the timeline is years, not months.

Sponsored
OP
OP

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When you changed your orders did you receive a confirmation from Ford?

I just changed mine from Cactus Gray to Velocity Blue.
No. You only get the initial confirmation from Ford. Dealer gave me a new build sheet each time I added or removed an item. I signed it and gave it back to them confirming the changes.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you are looking 3-5 years out?

The chip issue is multifaceted but I can assure you this is not a 6mo thing the cost to build a chip fab is in the billons and the timeline is years, not months.
Not Even. Industry analysts expect the chip shortage to end in 2022. These are not new chip designs- the bottleneck is demand vs. production capacity and supply lines. Chip orders fell way off due to pandemic and global economies shutting down. New factories are coming on line to produce more chips and existing factories have ramped up production months ago already and it will eventually catch up to demand. I spent 20+ years in high tech including chip manufacturing and cell phones (lots of ICs there!) and have a good grasp on how/where they are made and manufacturing pipelines to global customers. If the economy has a contraction and/or recession (likely the way things are going with massive Gov't spending, inflation, etc.) demand for new big ticket purchases will fall off again and we'll be talking about over supply issues instead :unsure:

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Even. Industry analysts expect the chip shortage to end in 2022. These are not new chip designs- the bottleneck is demand vs. production capacity and supply lines. Chip orders fell way off due to pandemic and global economies shutting down. New factories are coming on line to produce more chips and existing factories have ramped up production months ago already and it will eventually catch up to demand. I spent 20+ years in high tech including chip manufacturing and cell phones (lots of ICs there!) and have a good grasp on how/where they are made and manufacturing pipelines to global customers. If the economy has a contraction and/or recession (likely the way things are going with massive Gov't spending, inflation, etc.) demand for new big ticket purchases will fall off again and we'll be talking about over supply issues instead :unsure:
We have very different views on what’s happening and I will say the Analysts you are hearing are doing the same thing that was done at the start of the current pandemic stating opinions in an effort to stave off certain predictable triggers and reactions.

Also while not directly related: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-to-spend-up-to-120-billion-on-new-us-manufacturing-hub

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We have very different views on what’s happening and I will say the Analysts you are hearing are doing the same thing that was done at the start of the current pandemic stating opinions in an effort to stave off certain predictable triggers and reactions.

Also while not directly related: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-to-spend-up-to-120-billion-on-new-us-manufacturing-hub
look to real world then. My local Ford dealer had exactly 2 new F-150s on the lot early last week. Yesterday there were 6. You can check most Ford dealer inventories on-line too. My local dealer has more showing "in-transit" than previous weeks.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
look to real world then. My local Ford dealer had exactly 2 new F-150s on the lot early last week. Yesterday there were 6. You can check most Ford dealer inventories on-line too. My local dealer has more showing "in-transit" than previous weeks.
You stay positive, I’ll stay negative, hopefully reality will be (far) closer to you than me.

Increased incoming inventory could be an artifact of a batch allocation (the present method of chip delivery) a few weeks ago. If the numbers maintain, I’ll revise and happily admit to being wrong.
Sponsored