How many Maverick orders so far?

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Do you think that Ford has gotten 50,000 orders so far to show them they "Hit the Nail on the Head" with the new Maverick?
Sponsored

Smith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would be very surprised if they even come close to 50,000. it seems a lot of the dealers don’t have a clue.

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
I was about to until I went down to the dealer and sat in a bronco sport...felt a bit narrow, and now I wanna wait for some maverick stock to sit in first, I hope they get demos soon??

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
I was about to until I went down to the dealer and sat in a bronco sport...felt a bit narrow, and now I wanna wait for some maverick stock to sit in first, I hope they get demos soon??
Demos will likely be AFTER reservation orders. So late this year

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would be surprised if there is 25k RESERVATIONS and 10k actual Orders at this early point. Obviously this forum is fine tuned to all things Maverick, but buying public at large- probably not so much. WE expect it will be desirable to tons of buyers of all demographics , but it still might not catch on immediately with general public.

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would be surprised if there is 25k RESERVATIONS and 10k actual Orders at this early point. Obviously this forum is fine tuned to all things Maverick, but buying public at large- probably not so much. WE expect it will be desirable to tons of buyers of all demographics , but it still might not catch on immediately with general public.
Watch the number of orders explode when they start TV ads

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would be very surprised if they even come close to 50,000. it seems a lot of the dealers don’t have a clue.
This. If dealers are sending people away until “2022,” I imagine that’s not a very good strategy for maximizing orders on this truck.

I, too, had a dealer tell me that they couldn’t order it yet and didn’t have invoice pricing, so clearly there is a communication breakdown somewhere. I feel like maybe Ford didn’t give them much time to prepare for this launch.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Watch the number of orders explode when they start TV ads
ya think? Ford says they're targeting a younger Urban demographic with this truck. I even saw a mention of the dreaded "lifestyle vehicle" :ROFLMAO: There's a LOT of choices in that segment already including Santa Cruz. Notice how they did the reveal on line and using Tik Tok instead of TV campaign right away? There's also a contingent of traditional truck owners who say this isn't a "real" truck and wouldn't consider it. I could be wrong but I think it is going to take getting people into showrooms for a test drive and a bit of actually selling the merits of the vehicle by a salesperson to drive firm orders with deposit more than virtual advertising to make people order it.

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
ya think? Ford says they're targeting a younger Urban demographic with this truck. I even saw a mention of the dreaded "lifestyle vehicle" :ROFLMAO: There's a LOT of choices in that segment already including Santa Cruz. Notice how they did the reveal on line and using Tik Tok instead of TV campaign right away? There's also a contingent of traditional truck owners who say this isn't a "real" truck and wouldn't consider it. I could be wrong but I think it is going to take getting people into showrooms for a test drive and a bit of actually selling the merits of the vehicle by a salesperson to drive firm orders with deposit more than virtual advertising to make people order it.
I like the Maverick for the looks and power, but none of my 'urban friends' even cared for it, "why would I need a bed?"

I'm sure ford did their research but idk if they're hitting the right demographic

Sponsored

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
LOL, if Ford is counting on the dealership "salesforce" they are in trouble. Over half the staff at 3 different dealerships had not even heard of the Maverick when I was trying to order.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apparently I'm the first to fully order rather than request in Ottawa, a city of 1M people.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
I think Ford is communicating with the dealers, but the dealers aren't paying attention. Cars sales people live from sell, to sell. They don't worry about something that's not on the lot, because that just doesn't make them a commission. I've seen the same thing happening with the Bronco. Dealers like @Granger Ford, and @Dealerinsider understand the opportunity for profits, and are looking forward. There will be many other dealers that will wish they had paid attention.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd be very curious as to how many orders have been placed so far. Given the responses (or lack thereof) from many dealers who have been contacted I wouldn't be surprised if it's a relatively small number.
Sponsored