Sponsored

How many guitars can you put in a Maverick's bed?

rowka

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Area51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And you can fit also like 20 banjos and 10 ukeleles
The other day I’d forgotten I left my banjo in the bed of my Maverick. As soon as I realized I ran back to the truck but it was too late. Someone had already left three more banjos and a dulcimer.
Sponsored

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What about the amp? You know the Marshall stack with the 150w tube head. Need room for that

DonPe1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid Cyber-Orange
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I received my 2023 Area 51 XLT on October 12, 388 days after ordering her. I decided to find out how many guitars could fit into the bed of the truck. The results are far from complete. But I was able to fit three Martins, one Gibson, and four Fenders without any trouble at all. Lots more room there. This works. And I'm loving the way she drives.
Guitars in Maverick.JPG
What sucks for me is as a drummer my 22" x 18" kickdrum is too tall to fill. Have to use the backseat. :(

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was a vocalist with a couple gigging bands decades ago when I had hair. I reckon I could squeeze a decent PA and mixing board in the bed... Maybe we can start a band -- The Travelin' Mavs!
Yeah! But lets keep everything in the Mav, in case we have to get out of town fast. (Not a good band)

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

One of those guitars was an offset, but I didn’t have all the solid bodies there. Is that first guitar a Danelectro or a Rickenbacker?
Is this question for my photo post or someone else?

Sponsored

RLmesc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Kia Sportage, 05 Porsche Boxster S, 85 Kawasaki
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received my 2023 Area 51 XLT on October 12, 388 days after ordering her. I decided to find out how many guitars could fit into the bed of the truck. The results are far from complete. But I was able to fit three Martins, one Gibson, and four Fenders without any trouble at all. Lots more room there. This works. And I'm loving the way she drives.
Guitars in Maverick.JPG
That depends on whether they have to be playable after loading them up. Lol

Golfsnob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT AWD 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here’s a small sampling of my collection. I was a drummer for over 30 years, but when I retired from my day job 12 years ago, I decided to start a new hobby. I now have 50 guitars total. I don’t think I could fit them all in my maverick.
IMG_0051.jpeg
IMG_0055.jpeg
IMG_0045.jpeg
NICE!!!!

Phillipjon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM 3500 - 1996 F250 - 2012 Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who is going to the NAMM Show in 2024?

rflashj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guitars in Maverick.JPG
But can you fit a bass and still close the tailgate? Just kidding. Getting my spray in liner and tonneau cover this week, then will be looking for a soft/foam insert to lay the kids instruments down on.

Sponsored
OP
OP
B. Maverick

B. Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kia Niro; battered NIssan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When my wife and I were first dating, I was driving a Subaru sedan and playing (or trying to play) upright bass. I would put the bass in the passenger's seat with the seat back lowered, and the future wife would sit in the rear seat behind me. She married me anyway. No accounting for taste.

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guitars in Maverick.JPG
Plenty of room left for a couple of mandolins and a fiddle. Don't forget the mics.

OP
OP
B. Maverick

B. Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Plenty of room left for a couple of mandolins and a fiddle. Don't forget the mics.
The fiddle rides in the cab. It's got that little post in it, and with my luck, it would fall out. The mandolin (a 1919 Gibson) is, well, in need of repair. It doesn't get out of the shop until it's playable, and I move with glacial speed. And the mics are skinny. I'll just lay them on top.
For the record: there will be a tonneau cover on this puppy.

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yours. I was admiring those two guitars.
Yes there are 3 guitars in the photo. I'm getting off the Maverick subject here lol. The blue one is a modern Jazz Master that I love and It has the Strat tremolo on it instead of that original jazz master trem that wasn't very reliable. The other is a Limited edition Rickenbacker Tom Petty 12 string. and the one to the far right that you can. barely see is a Les Paul gold top. :)
Ford Maverick How many guitars can you put in a Maverick's bed? pete t ric

Last edited:
OP
OP
B. Maverick

B. Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes there are 3 guitars in the photo. I'm getting off the Maverick subject here lol. The blue one is a modern Jazz Master that I love and It has the Strat tremolo on it instead of that original jazz master trem that wasn't very reliable. The other is a Limited edition Rickenbacker Tom Petty 12 string. and the one to the far right that you can. barely see is a Les Paul gold top. :)
pete t ric.jpg
Works for me. Didn’t see the Les. Keep pickin’.
Sponsored