Sponsored

How long should I wait for the new Maverick?

Mrdon2022maverick

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Not sure if this would be the best thread location... So I apologize in advance if it's not.
I haven't had my own vehicle for almost 3 years. My job fortunately allows me to use a work truck as a personal vehicle. This allowed me to save some cash not having a car note. I love cars/trucks... I've had them all. I need a vehicle, so I have something to polish every weekend...😉 Something with for wheels I mean.
I'm a newbie to the Maverick was going totally in a different direction... "SUV".. I know.. Don't be a hater! and didn't put a deposit on a Lariat until about a month ago. With all these delays that are becoming.more and more regular, my question is; how long is too long to wait?
For those who have already waited forever to get delivery of your truck, was it worth it? Worth the wait. I've had sports cars, sedans, full size pickups etc. I'm really in no rush but really need a car for my sanity.

Your feedback would be appreciated.

TIA
Sponsored

UncleDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
have been waiting 8 months since I placed my order. So sit back and relax.

As for your sanity, well there ain't no Sanity Clause

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think most of us that ordered a Hybrid are looking at a 9-12 month wait. If it comes in sooner than that, that is a bonus. There are still orders from June that have not even been scheduled yet. In the current environment, there are not a lot of options. If you are not willing to fork over $$$ over MSRP, you just have to wait. I have friend that is currently at 2 years waiting on a Bronco.

Now if ordered an EB, you will probably get it before I get my Hybrid that I ordered back on October 1. I personally prefer the Hybrid so just willing to wait how-ever long it takes. Absolutely nothing on the market with the same functionality, MPG, and cost.

OP
OP
Mrdon2022maverick

Mrdon2022maverick

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
I think most of us that ordered a Hybrid are looking at a 9-12 month wait. If it comes in sooner than that, that is a bonus. There are still orders from June that have not even been scheduled yet. In the current environment, there are not a lot of options. If you are not willing to fork over $$$ over MSRP, you just have to wait. I have friend that is currently at 2 years waiting on a Bronco.

Now if ordered an EB, you will probably get it before I get my Hybrid that I ordered back on October 1. I personally prefer the Hybrid so just willing to wait how-ever long it takes. Absolutely nothing on the market with the same functionality, MPG, and cost.
Thanks Rockhound TX

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure if this would be the best thread location... So I apologize in advance if it's not.
I haven't had my own vehicle for almost 3 years. My job fortunately allows me to use a work truck as a personal vehicle. This allowed me to save some cash not having a car note. I love cars/trucks... I've had them all. I need a vehicle, so I have something to polish every weekend...😉 Something with for wheels I mean.
I'm a newbie to the Maverick was going totally in a different direction... "SUV".. I know.. Don't be a hater! and didn't put a deposit on a Lariat until about a month ago. With all these delays that are becoming.more and more regular, my question is; how long is too long to wait?
For those who have already waited forever to get delivery of your truck, was it worth it? Worth the wait. I've had sports cars, sedans, full size pickups etc. I'm really in no rush but really need a car for my sanity.

TIA
Escape the wait and take your pick of any of the SUV's.

Sponsored

SEKSy Maverick Man

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Yup. If you are not picky and want a set of wheels you can make a great deal on a car that's been sitting at a dealership somewhere.

Jdub

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

TIA
I waited 7 1/2 months for my hybrid XL. Just received it 13 days ago and it was worth the wait. This truck is everything that Ford promised and more. Some of my friends are a little upset they didn't pull the trigger and order one now that they have seen and taken a ride in mine. WAIT!!!!!! you won't be disappointed.

Rickydragon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 Eco AWD Lux Pack 4K Tow Shadow Black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think my problem is that I see hybrids being built and delivered in 6-8 months. When I ordered I ordered an Ecoboost after hearing Ecoboost will built faster than hybrids. I did order in first week of October but I will be surprised if mine even gets built this model year. I understand people wanting there June July hybrids and they will get built. The rest of us could be s$@t out of luck.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

TIA
NeverMore

Boomhauer1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2010
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think my problem is that I see hybrids being built and delivered in 6-8 months. When I ordered I ordered an Ecoboost after hearing Ecoboost will built faster than hybrids. I did order in first week of October but I will be surprised if mine even gets built this model year. I understand people wanting there June July hybrids and they will get built. The rest of us could be s$@t out of luck.
That's the same story as me. Ordered 10-12 and was told a 3 month wait for ecoboosts or 6 month for hybrids.

Sponsored

Toni

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I ordered Lariat AWD, with lux package, ecoboost, Nov 23,2021. Was told I should get it Fed 2022. And still nothing. Waiting in processing. no movement at all. No idea of how much longer it will take

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered 11/20, told 8-12 weeks. I lucked out when an ordered Lariat Lux FX4 w/4K Tow was refused. Got if for MSRP. The one I ordered still has not started in the process. Dealer keeps telling folks it is coming but doesn't know when.
Sponsored