Sponsored

How long for Final Prep at dealer before delivery?

Adamyoung

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just wondering how long it usally takes from final prep at the dealer till you can pick it up
Sponsored

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Depends on the dealer … and how busy they are … and how well staffed they are … and if you have any dealer-installed options that need to be done.

Ideal conditions, though — If they can start doing the prep right away after your Maverick rolls off the truck — they shouldn’t take more than a day.

Ours arrived at the dealer on a Wednesday evening. They could have had it to us on Thursday, but we were squirrelling around getting our private offer to come through, so didn’t get it until the following Monday. ($1,750 off price worth waiting for.)

But — We sat in our truck on that Thursday after it arrived, before it got into prep, and saw there’s a bunch of little stuff in bags and in plastic from the factory that the prep crew has to deal with.

(There’s a little fuel funnel, for instance, specially designed for the capless fuel filler. Can’t just use any old gas can spout, apparently. That funnel comes in a plastic bag from the factory — prep crew has to remove from the bag and snap it into a spot on the bed wall behind the back seat…. A big job!)

Plus the screen system had to be programmed (everything was in Spanish when we saw it).

And they have a mechanical check list to go through.

And they’ve got to give it a good detailing, of course. (Ours had bird poop and dirt all over it from the long train and truck trip.)

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

usually a day or less.

RSM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2012 Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mine went "final prep" last Thursday. It arrived at the dealers on Friday. The said it would be ready mid week but I will not be available until Saturday.

CallBall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer had mine available the next day. Of course I got there and found out that they hadn’t installed any of the dealer options or done really anything to it besides peel off the plastic inside, run it through their car wash, and spray some tire shine on the tires. I had to go back the next day and get them to install my bed lights and locking lugs.

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wondering how long it usally takes from final prep at the dealer till you can pick it up
I'm not sure if there is a normal time frame..... The biggest factor is probably how many other new/used vehicles that are trying to deliver in that same time frame, and their capacity to prep them!

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer said 1.5 hours for prep and that I would get number one priority because my truck has been so delayed. I feel so much better now.....................
Sponsored