Sponsored

How long could I wait to switch to Ecoboost order and still get built?

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any thoughts on how long I could potentially wait to switch to ecoboost and still get built? I have a 22, but ordered a 23 with the lux package for all the heated goodies.

Thinking I’d like heated seats over the extra gas mileage if it comes down to it, but not switch till the last minute in case I get scheduled 🤔
Sponsored

Walter56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I imagine they'll come a point where the eb will be for allocation

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
I don't think even Ford knows.

I would not be surprised if there is mid year price increase. That way if they start sending the ecoboosts to dealers lots it could be at a higher MRSP. A midyear price increase could also prevent there from being a big price increase when they announce the 2024 prices. That would be a logical time to stop allowing big changes but that is just a pure guess.

There is even a chance that Ford will make 2023 a short model year and switch production to the 2024 model by mid to late summer so they can have the 24 model year out by September which is a more normal schedule. That would mean that even fewer 2023 hybrids than expected would be made.

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any thoughts on how long I could potentially wait to switch to ecoboost and still get built? I have a 22, but ordered a 23 with the lux package for all the heated goodies.

Thinking I’d like heated seats over the extra gas mileage if it comes down to it, but not switch till the last minute in case I get scheduled 🤔
I am in the same boat. Wait until the last minute and switch or ride the ship until it sinks.
Sponsored