Sponsored

Hot diggety dawg, my RC tonneau cover arrived!

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Oxford White / 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Finally got the flush mount 3-fold hardtop tonneau delivered from Rough Country for Steve Trucklet...and, of course, now it's too freaking cold and windy to install it (first day of Spring in Michigan), so I unpacked it and ensured there's no damage or missing parts...hopefully the current Arctic temps don't linger,so I can get this puppy installed! It's the last item on my 'gotta have it' list...for now, anyway.
Sponsored

SLH13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allegra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (on order)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Finally got the flush mount 3-fold hardtop tonneau delivered from Rough Country for Steve Trucklet...and, of course, now it's too freaking cold and windy to install it (first day of Spring in Michigan), so I unpacked it and ensured there's no damage or missing parts...hopefully the current Arctic temps don't linger,so I can get this puppy installed! It's the last item on my 'gotta have it' list...for now, anyway.
Got a friend with a garage? 😉

OP
OP
Deweyordeweynot

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Got a friend with a garage? 😉
I have a garage but it's unheated and I just don't have the time to mess with the installation. I ordered it in February so I can wait a bit longer.

OP
OP
Deweyordeweynot

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So I have drain tubes for the tonneau and no drain holes in the bedliner (a Ford drop in style). Are there holes in the bed corners for drain tubes? I may just run them into a container and pour it out after a downpour...

Skisail

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4 Avant
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Remove the sides of the DIBL (pretty easy) and the spot to drill is marked on the outside of the sides.

Reactions: HTX

Sponsored

OP
OP
Deweyordeweynot

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Remove the sides of the DIBL (pretty easy) and the spot to drill is marked on the outside of the sides.
I'm sure you are right...not crazy about drilling holes, but if I can find a rubber grommet to fit it should be protected from rusting.

DinoLord

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 XL EB AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm sure you are right...not crazy about drilling holes, but if I can find a rubber grommet to fit it should be protected from rusting.
Think he's talking about drilling the bedliner, not truck. Truck should already have the holes.

OP
OP
Deweyordeweynot

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Think he's talking about drilling the bedliner, not truck. Truck should already have the holes.
Ah, okay. I haven't owned a pickup since the 80s and my GMC S-15 didn't have drain holes (I had a cap so it didn't matter). Thanks!

Taxman100

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Exact some one I bought - I like the hard fold as you can put heavy objects on the cover when loading or unloading the tailgate, and you don't have to worry about damaging a soft cover.

I got the factory spray in liner, and there are round rubber grommets that you pull out and you can run the tubes into that hole on each side. I saved the grommets as who knows if the tonneau cover goes away in 15 years.

OP
OP
Deweyordeweynot

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Exact some one I bought - I like the hard fold as you can put heavy objects on the cover when loading or unloading the tailgate, and you don't have to worry about damaging a soft cover.

I got the factory spray in liner, and there are round rubber grommets that you pull out and you can run the tubes into that hole on each side. I saved the grommets as who knows if the tonneau cover goes away in 15 years.
Once it stops being stupid cold outside I'll have to pull the DIBL out and look.

Sponsored

RustyMav5

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had a hard tonneau on my Ranger 20+ yrs ago… still think I prefer to the roll up. What kind of cost was it? Just looking into it. Thanks.

IHateSpeedbumps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have the factory sibl and my drain tubes go through the holes in the corners at the front on the floor.
Ford Maverick Hot diggety dawg, my RC tonneau cover arrived! 20240207_152713

OP
OP
Deweyordeweynot

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Had a hard tonneau on my Ranger 20+ yrs ago… still think I prefer to the roll up. What kind of cost was it? Just looking into it. Thanks.
It came in from Rough Country at about $650 and arrived via FedEx about a month after ordering. Once the foul weather leaves the Mitten State I'll be putting in on.
Sponsored

Last edited: