Sponsored

HONOLULU FORD/LITHIA MOTORS - BUYERS BEWARE!!!

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i just read all these posts, I will DM you some solid Ford corporate contacts that helped me in the morning. you can win this.
Sponsored

OP
OP

jrhawaii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Windward has been telling me 3995 markup from the jump and they claim they are the lowest. Thinking about ordering from west coast and having Pasha deliver. The markup out here is frustrating.
Well, ya if I knew those Hawaii Dealers were going to play these games and be unethical I would have done that and you still probably would have come
i just read all these posts, I will DM you some solid Ford corporate contacts that helped me in the morning. you can win this.
Great thanks a lot

Larockman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The window sticker indicates special order. The window sticker states a price. The order number ties the truck to your name as validated by a supplied copy of your drivers license, This was a dealer assisted order process put in place by Ford which was necessary to custom order YOUR truck. The order could not have been placed without your involvement. My little pea brain thinks that this should carry a little weight considering contract law.
Agreed. I’m no attorney, but the basics of business is offer and acceptance. The increased price is frustrating yet the amount goes into small claims court. Perhaps the dealership thinks you will pay or go away without your Mav. As long there is no documentation to the contrary (signed paperwork, telephone log, etc.), I would go with the line of “this is unfair” because it is and then puts pressure on the dealership / salesperson to prove their position when working (screwing) you and same if it goes to small claims court (date and note your efforts and responses). I encourage you to hang in there, the truck is worth it even if this dealership’s behavior bad.

Hope4jsl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux Ecoboost
Sounds like a way bad deal. I got mine in Iowa two weeks ago after ordering in August 2021. Dealer was completely straight. MRSP minus $750 ford discount on mailer. Full set of FITS accessories in a mailer box.
Did you also get price protection? Or did you have to pay the current MRSP?

Sponsored

Hope4jsl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux Ecoboost
I ordered my lariet Area 51 Maverick on 6-19-21. After joining this group I heard many stories like yours about dealers jacking up the price. I received my Maverick on 1-15-22 . I was surprised to find out the dealership found a $750 discount. Something to be said about small town dealerships.
Did you also get price protection? Or did you have to,pay the new/higher MSRP?

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Get in touch with Ford. If Ford sent you a window sticker, even though the price is higher on the sticker, Ford has the date you ordered the truck, and will sell it to you at that price. The dealer can't fight Ford! You waited long enough, a few weeks longer makes no difference. The VIN number for that truck is in your name, they can't sell it.

VBMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theveteranscheck.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevy Sonic; 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This reminds me of when I worked (for a very short time) for a Chrysler dealer in Indianapolis in the early 70's just after returning from active duty. They offered a product called the "Double undercoat and seal" package for any new vehicle for about $100. This was an upgrade from the standard undercoat for $40 or so. I ended up selling the package on a new station wagon. The sales manager was impressed and told the service person doing the undercoating to do a good job because there was no such thing as a "Double undercoat and seal". It was just a way to make some more money on a sale.
I couldn't handle lying to customers all the time so I left that job after just a few weeks.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After reading through all the posts it sure shows we have some wildly different opinions on whether signing the DORA .Not sure what dora stands for? Dealer order? is a contract of any kind. A few say no some say yes. Then some say VIN is assigned to who ever ordered truck and cant be sold to anyone else unless they say they don't want it. But others laugh at that. Who is right? I have no clue. BUT then what if dealer says YOU did say you refused vehicle , they LIE. Heaven forbid.

Some honest dealers some dishonest dealers. For me I really wont be able to really tell without a crystal ball. Which makes the whole prospect in buying a Mav a crap shoot. I don't know about others hear BUT anything over MSRP is a NO GO for me. Some are fine with adding another grand or two. NOT ME.

This particular case is some what different as the OP is in Hawaii which complicates the deal as possible shipping costs involved. I hope he works it out.

This really sours the who process of getting a Maverick.

Sponsored

Scott440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
NE Ohio where I get no respect from some dealers..
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our truck is getting to the dealership this weekend or Mon. I have been dreading this part as much as being happy the finish line is in sight. The truck is for my husband but I have had to manage everything about this process, he doesn't have time and I am far better at getting problems solved. We already had the salesman try to sell our order out from under us, the salesman already knows I am a come out swinging & fully loaded fighter 🤭 My husband agreed to pay $1500 over MSRP and is totally clueless about how dealers get add ons etc you don't want. Part of me just wants to accept what my husband will on pricing b/c I'm so over this but they are already getting profit & the salesman has done nothing to deserve a commission.

It really is too bad after all the waiting, fighting w our salesman, and this ridiculous whole process we have to dread dealing w pricing & probably financing at the end when we have all copies of our paperwork signed. Maybe they won't try to screw us over but I have to be ready.
Mine will probably be in next week and I to dread on what the dealer might try to pull over pricing, price protection, x-plan ,etc. Like you I will be ready with all my documents including payment and my financing. Maybe I am being paranoid but some of the horror stories I have heard here make me feel uneasy. I just hope I get some respect when I go in..

tmac1945

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
XLT hybrid AREA 51 - Lux + 360

Ordered July 8. After all the wait, salesman sent a text (04/08) and says its getting here next week and since the vin has been assigned we can get the paperwork started. Was like wow not even going to let me see it or test drive it but unless something was wrong with it I had planned on just going down and buying it. Being that I planned to pay cash I asked for the out the door price so I could transfer funds into my checking account. Guy says ok and that he wasn't at the office but would send me the total when he got in. Next he tries pushing extended warranty on me and claims its for another 6 years (claims 6 more on top of the 3 Ford gives so total of 9 years) and comes with lifetime oil. I ask how much, he says $5200 but let him see what he can do. I text back and say sorry but I pass for now because that's over my budget at this time. Now the next text says "this is crazy, there are a bunch of callers (I talked to 5) who called in for your Maverick. They think its for sale... Told them NO. Lol... boy they are very insistent". How is it that I cant see that it was even on the ship to Hawaii and others know its coming? Next text ask if I did a deposit (was told deposit wasn't needed) and he's looking for the doc but can't find his copy (HMMM). Next I get a pic of the price - selling price $35,000, taxable fees $25.00, doc fee $395.00, tax $1668.99, reg fee $413.50 - unpaid balance 37502.49 WHATIII I text back and say you sure about that price, thought Ford requires you to hold to MSRP on special order vehicles?

Next he calls me (guess doesn't want to give me more evidence of his wrong doings) and claims that when I came down to order the vehicle he explained to me that they add on a $5995 addendum and a $2000 arctic blast (what the BLEEP is that BS) to all vehicles, I stop him and told him that he did not tell me that and that I had asked for the price and he didn't want to give me the price. He then goes on again about not being able to find the documents again. We exchange a few more words and he tries to get me to stop in so we can talk, I tell him ya when I have time.

When I got home a few hours later I texted him the email and the build sheet I signed and emailed back to him. He text me back saying this wasn't the original build sheet we did and that one had the estimated MSRP, the HI Market Adjustment $5995 and Arctic Blast $2000. Well the only other thing I signed for and at the dealership was the online order form, which I sent him and that showed nothing about what he is saying. It's funny how I send him 2 documents that 1. he made me sign and even copied my drivers' license at the dealership and 2. he emailed me to again sign and send back to him. I got all my documentation so how is it that he is still trying to claim we agreed to $10,000+ more when he can't find his copy!

This is the FIRST time I am trying to buy a FORD product and right now I feel so violated by this Dealership and salesman that I don't even want to deal with him anymore but I am not willing to give up this truck without a fight because this is just not right!

I am just so frustrated and having a hard time finding all the right post to find the information I need to get this moving forward, so I'm posting this in hope that some kind people will understand and help out. Yes I know Tim got a lot of good information and I need to look over his youtube videos again... I hope Ford or anyone can help...
Tell him your lawyer needs to talk to him.

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, ya if I knew those Hawaii Dealers were going to play these games and be unethical I would have done that and you still probably would have come

Great thanks a lot
I just DM'ed you with the info.
Sponsored